Memo to Obama: Mary Schapiro is not 'change' at the SEC

I understand your objection to Obama's appointments, BAC. I share many of your concerns.

STill I think the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and as yet dinner has not been served.

No, they're not. They might be, but we cannot know that until policies are made.

You know...here's the thing.

People often do things in one situation that they won't do in another.

Conditions on the ground have changed so wildly in the last six months that I do not presume to know how any of these cabinet players will respond.

I cannot think of a single POTUS who didn't do something that I found appalling, or one who didn't do something that I applaude.

I'm always surprised at what former Presidents did, based on my overall asscessment of who they were would have lead me to think they'd have gone another way.

If I merely presumed that I could knew what those people will do, then I'd be more sympathetic to your complaints.

I tend to give people enough rope ( in the form of the benefit of the doubt) to hang themselves, BAC.

The word I kept reaching for and couldn't grasp is flabbergasted. I am amazed, stunned, floored, and flabbergasted. I have no logical explanation for what I'm witnessing.

Policy gets turned into legislation .. I know because I used to write legislation derived from policy .. and no matter how well written, researched, or needed, if the heads and chairs don't like/want it, it never gets out of committee. Appointments matter good brother .. don't fool yourself.

I didn't vote for Obama .. I know what he is .. but this is like watching Godzilla right across the street knocking buildings over and stomping on people, then yelling, "Godzilla is coming" .. and everybody around me asks, "Where?"

... don't know .. maybe its me.

There are already many laws on the books that can be used to go after the ones that have already ripped the people. Fact is if Obama does not get people in there to take them to task nothing changes and the hole gets bigger and the American family goes farther down the tubes.

And those people cannot USE those laws UNTIL they are in office.

Forum List

Back