Membrane thoery of how the Universe was created.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I was watching a very fascinating show last night about how the universe was created. The scientist stated that "there were two membranes in this 11th dimension, that came into contact with each other. This contact sparked the big bang. It sounds very logical and probable.

They also stated that "gravity is flowing to our universe from one of these parrallel Universes.

Last edited:
Sounds like the TV series "Sliders" multiple universes.

Like they say, this theory has been around for 20 years, but the probability of proving it beyond that is questionable, but then again anything is possible.

One clip is interesting amongst many available. Still fascinating.

Master of the Universe: Stephen Hawking M Theory : Video : Science Channel
These multiple universe theories always made more sense to me than any of the religious or spiritual stories.

In all of history it is the gods who get knocked down. Scientific theories get modified, proven and some...knocked down, but science will eventually explain it all.

Some day humans will no longer require fantasy and nonsense as explainations for why, who and how we exist.

I was watching a very fascinating show last night about how the universe was created. The scientist stated that "there were two membranes in this 11th dimension, that came into contact with each other. This contact sparked the big bang. It sounds very logical and probable.

They also stated that "gravity is flowing to our universe from one of these parrallel Universes.
Welcome to the 90's. Good to know you're up to date on the latest news regarding M-Theory.

Anyone care to explain the reasoning behind M-theory and how it's falsifiable?

Anyone care to explain the reasoning behind M-theory and how it's falsifiable?
Actually, a major problem with 'M-Theory' is that is crosses from theory into currently untestable speculation. There are no known ways to test its most basic claims, so while it may prove useful and become accepted if the best available explanation, it is currently not possible to confirm the existence of such membranes. I know of nothing else that plays the line between science (much of the theory is mathematically demonstrable, and it's shown itself capable of explaining things that no other theory can) and faith quite like the concept of branes and strings.

Forum List

Back