Member of RNC Publicly Accuses President Obama of Being a Muslim

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008

A member of the Republican National Committee, Kim Lehman, has publicly accused the President of being a Muslim and her Party has remained mum, failing to correct her or condemn her behavior. Ms Lehman said she was referencing a speech Obama gave in Egypt in 2009. The transcript of the speech does not support Ms Lehman’s accusation.

“Kim Lehman of Des Moines, one of two Iowans on the Republican National Committee, began attracting national attention when she posted a Twitter message last week in response to a Politico news article. The article said that Obama – whose father was raised as a Muslim – has repeatedly found his faith questioned and has confronted the rumors head-on.

Lehman said Thursday on her Twitter page, “@politico you’re funny. They must pay you a lot to protect Obama. BTW he personally told the Muslims that he IS a Muslim. Read his lips.””

One problem with Ms Lehamn’s transparent attempt to justify herself is that Obama said in Cairo that he is a Christian. Here is the exact quote from the speech, “Now part of this conviction is rooted in my own experience. I’m a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and at the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith.”

When questioned about her accusations, Ms Lehman pulled a Republican and countered, I know you are, but what am I? Or, rather: “Call the president. Say, ‘Are you a Christian or not?’ If I’m wrong, I’m more than happy to say, ‘Oh, I’m wrong.’“

:eusa_think:

Another one?

2nk229.gif

And? So? Is this what you do all day, junior?
Obama was clearly practicing Islam at some point in his life. Who knows what he actually believes?
And why should this woman be different from 20% of other Americans?

And? So? Is this what you do all day, junior?
Obama was clearly practicing Islam at some point in his life. Who knows what he actually believes?
And why should this woman be different from 20% of other Americans?

Link? And he says what he believes.

I don't care if the guy is a Satanist, I don't like his politics. Seems everything this guy does is questionable. He should resign.

Another one?

2nk229.gif

Yup. What should be more troubling is the RNC hasn't come out and condemned her comments.

They don't have to condemn her remarks. The RNC is not responsible for what one member says. This constant call for an entire organization to have to condemn the remarks of one extremist annoys me. It's like every other week someone says something stupid and then everybody's asking when this group or that group is going to condemn the stupid comments made by that one person. It's just political football and the average person really doesn't give a shit or even hear about it in the first place.

All the RNC has to do is release a statement declaring that her remarks do not represent the views of the RNC and leave it at that. Why they haven't done that God only knows. We're talking about an organization run by Michael Steele after all.

Who cares what this woman says? We make newsworthy figures out of everyone these days it seems.

All the RNC has to do is release a statement declaring that her remarks do not represent the views of the RNC and leave it at that. Why they haven't done that God only knows. We're talking about an organization run by Michael Steele after all.

Well that would be a example of what I'm talking about. And :lol: that's true.

Well that would be a example of what I'm talking about. And :lol: that's true.

I know, I wasn't jumping on your case, I was just saying how tired I am of all these political organizations demanding the opposition condemn the remarks of one idiot every other week.

I believe Obama, he and God text each other daily on their blackberry's.....

A member of the Republican National Committee, Kim Lehman, has publicly accused the President of being a Muslim and her Party has remained mum, failing to correct her or condemn her behavior. Ms Lehman said she was referencing a speech Obama gave in Egypt in 2009. The transcript of the speech does not support Ms Lehman’s accusation.

“Kim Lehman of Des Moines, one of two Iowans on the Republican National Committee, began attracting national attention when she posted a Twitter message last week in response to a Politico news article. The article said that Obama – whose father was raised as a Muslim – has repeatedly found his faith questioned and has confronted the rumors head-on.

Lehman said Thursday on her Twitter page, “@politico you’re funny. They must pay you a lot to protect Obama. BTW he personally told the Muslims that he IS a Muslim. Read his lips.””

One problem with Ms Lehamn’s transparent attempt to justify herself is that Obama said in Cairo that he is a Christian. Here is the exact quote from the speech, “Now part of this conviction is rooted in my own experience. I’m a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and at the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith.”

When questioned about her accusations, Ms Lehman pulled a Republican and countered, I know you are, but what am I? Or, rather: “Call the president. Say, ‘Are you a Christian or not?’ If I’m wrong, I’m more than happy to say, ‘Oh, I’m wrong.’“

:eusa_think:

Who cares? Is it because people are tring to show that obama is a liar? Whats is the point?

I know, I wasn't jumping on your case, I was just saying how tired I am of all these political organizations demanding the opposition condemn the remarks of one idiot every other week.

Fair point. Though with them being broke at the moment, this is probably the least of the RNC's worries.

Why on earth are you libs obsessed with this? I mean seriously, the man is clear as mud with his religious viewpoints. And quite frankly, who cares? I don't give a crap whether he is Muslim, Christian, Jew, or none of the above. His policies suck.

Forum List

Back