Melting of Greenland's ice sheets accelerates dramatically

Climate change: Study shows 'off the charts' melting of Greenland's ice sheet - CNN

There is enough ice there to raise sea level by 23 feet. And this dump of cold, fresh water will impact the operation of the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic's MOC.

1. That ice has been advancing and receding for millennia.

2. None of that is man’s fault.

The primary cause of the global temperature increase of the last 150 years is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. If you have some other cause that you feel is actually responsible, I suggest you bring it forward to the world's science community. That warming is responsible for the accelerated melting of Greenland, the Arctic and the breakup of the Antarctic ice sheet.

Get back to us when you have proof.

Until then ...

I am going to sit here 700 feet above sea level and not worry about it one tiny little bit!

And I at 13 feet.
Climate change: Study shows 'off the charts' melting of Greenland's ice sheet - CNN

There is enough ice there to raise sea level by 23 feet. And this dump of cold, fresh water will impact the operation of the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic's MOC.

The primary cause of the global temperature increase of the last 150 years is human CO2 emissions and deforestation. If you have some other cause that you feel is actually responsible, I suggest you bring it forward to the world's science community. That warming is responsible for the accelerated melting of Greenland, the Arctic and the breakup of the Antarctic ice sheet.

Until then ...

I am going to sit here 700 feet above sea level and not worry about it one tiny little bit!

I am quite confident that my posts here have been a good indication of my education level and experience. I am also quite confident that Billy Bob is not an atmospheric physicist and has published nothing on the topic of science in any field. I haven't the faintest idea what your posts indicate besides an incredible level of willful ignorance.

Your post have been a good indication of your education level and experience, but a middle school education and no experience are not good.

WTF is an atmospheric physicist? The science is called climatology, dumbass!

And I at 13 feet.

Until then ...

Yeah, I didn't worry when mine was 11 feet in Florida either!

What's truly funny is you morons never even bother to read your own links. You just look at the headline and blow shit out your nose. Here is the relevant part....can you tell the class what this means?

"The Greenland ice sheet (GrIS) is a growing contributor to global
sea-level rise, with recent ice mass loss dominated by surface
meltwater runoff. Satellite observations reveal positive trends in
GrIS surface melt extent, but melt variability, intensity and runoff
remain uncertain before the satellite era. Here we present the first
continuous, multi-century and observationally constrained record of
GrIS surface melt intensity and runoff, revealing that the magnitude
of recent GrIS melting is exceptional over at least the last 350 years."

What's truly funny is you morons never even bother to read your own links. You just look at the headline and blow shit out your nose. Here is the relevant part....can you tell the class what this means?

"The Greenland ice sheet (GrIS) is a growing contributor to global
sea-level rise, with recent ice mass loss dominated by surface
meltwater runoff. Satellite observations reveal positive trends in
GrIS surface melt extent, but melt variability, intensity and runoff
remain uncertain before the satellite era. Here we present the first
continuous, multi-century and observationally constrained record of
GrIS surface melt intensity and runoff, revealing that the magnitude
of recent GrIS melting is exceptional over at least the last 350 years."

"revealing that the magnitude of recent GrIS melting is exceptional over at least the last 350 years."

Amazing how they ignore the important parts that put it outside of any ability for it to be all from mans contributions.

westgreenlan.jpg

figure6-1024x573.png

GrnToday_15Oct2015_Fig1b.png

7477367_orig.jpg

Until then ...

I'm sitting here 60 feet above sea level and I'm not worried a bit.

There is no proof of anything in the natural sciences. There is a ton of evidence however. See "The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch.

There is no proof of anything in the natural sciences. There is a ton of evidence however. See "The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch.

Really? Lets see a single piece of observed, measured evidence supporting AGW over natural variability..That should be the easiest and yet, you can't even manage that.

Of course it does...did you not read the articles...

Your deflection still had nothing to do with the dishonesty of pretending that the temperature of one spot in Greenland represents the temperature of the entire world. You're the only kook pretending it does, so stop lying and pretending that others are as dishonest as you. They're not.

We all know why you're behaving like this, xxxxxxxxxxx-edited Meister The global temperature data contradicts your cult's sacred scripture on global temperature, so you're forced to ignore the actual data and lie-by-cherrypicking. Everyone knows you're lying, but that's not the point. The point for you is to earn cult brownie points by demonstrating how you're willing to tell any lie on behalf of the cult. I don't blame you. Your cult is very violent and unstable, and they really hate apostates.

So no answer? Just another logical fallacy. How unsurprising is that?

How is it a fallacy to point out your deviant morality, a common feature of hardcore cultists?

Some Russian guy?

Stick to the topic. He's running a model, and the actual ice measurements disagree with his model output. His model failed, and yet you prefer that failed model over measured reality. With an attitude like that, of course you'll get laughed at. Harder.
Well, using your own words, if it’s such a small area of the globe, what is it you’re worried about if it thaws?

The 23 feet of sea level rise it would cause you fucking ignoramus

The 23 feet of sea level rise it would cause you fucking ignoramus
What do you think Greenland has looked like for most of the past 10,000 years....after all, this temperature reconstruction was made from an ice core taken from Greenland...

Lappi_Greenland_ice_core_10000yrs.jpg

Did sea levels rise 23 feet during any of that time? You are nothing but a hand waving hysteric.

Good Lord how many decades will they tell us "in ten years the sea level will rise 23 feet"?
Lets see some sea rise! I was in Boca Raton and Key Largo this summer. Been going there 53 years. The water is on the boat launch the exact same place it was 53 years ago. Thats a fact.

Forum List

Back