Meltdown: 1.4 Million New Obamacare Cancellations Coming Soon

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Townhall.com ^ | October 14, 2016 | Guy Benson

5.png

I do believe someone famous once said of Obamacare, "if you like your plan, you can keep it." And by "once said," I mean, "said over and over again, ad nauseam." Not only was that promise a lie -- which the White House knew at the time -- for millions of Americans who were booted off of their existing coverage when the law was first implemented, it's an ongoing lie for consumers who are participating in the law's exchanges. The The next big shake-up is looming, directly caused by Obamacare's unsustainable model and lack of affordability -

A growing number of people in Obamacare are finding out their health insurance plans will disappear from the program next year, forcing them to find new coverage even as options shrink and prices rise. At least 1.4 million people in 32 states will lose the Obamacare plan they have now, according to state officials contacted by Bloomberg. That’s largely caused by Aetna Inc., UnitedHealth Group Inc. and some state or regional insurers quitting the law’s markets for individual coverage. Sign-ups for Obamacare coverage begin next month. Fallout from the quitting insurers has emerged as the latest threat to the law, which is also a major focal point in the U.S. presidential election. While it’s not clear what all the consequences of the departing insurers will be, interviews with regulators and insurance customers suggest that plans will be fewer and more expensive, and may not include the same doctors and hospitals. It may also mean that instead of growing in 2017, Obamacare could shrink.

"Keep your doctor" was also an Obama pledge, as you'll of course recall. As we keep saying, and as more Democrats are being forced to admit, the law is failing. And those ramifications are just in the individual market. If Democrats get their way (again) by implementing a "public option" or eventually single-payer, many millions people with satisfactory employer-based coverage should expect to be uprooted and shunted into government-run programs. In the meantime, Obamacare is still hurting people. The Washington Post paints a dreary portrait in North Carolina:

As major insurers jilt their ACA customers, nowhere in the country will more people be left with only a single insurer when the marketplaces open for a fourth year of business. These defections are causing turbulence for a quarter-million North Carolinians whose insurance companies are leaving the state — and for the main insurer that will remain. Such turbulence is especially palpable in the rolling Piedmont in and around Greensboro. Of more than 30,000 people here who have gained ACA insurance, 80 percent have been relying on United Healthcare or Aetna Health, the companies pulling out at the end of December. “Wow, it is going to be huge,” said Natalie Cunningham, a 30-year-old hairdresser who had been uninsured for years before she got her first ACA coverage in 2014. Her health plan enabled her to see a chiropractor who diagnosed her neck and back pains as arthritis that probably was a remnant of a decade-old car accident. As of a week ago, Cunningham had not yet received the letter required of her current insurer, an Aetna subsidiary called Coventry, informing her that she needs to find different coverage. But she is like many residents in worrying how much insurance will cost in the coming year. Or whether they will be able to continue to see the same doctors. Or how their narrowing choice will affect the hopscotch they’ve been playing year to year in pursuit of a health plan they can afford.

It's a trifecta of betrayals: People can't keep their plans, are being forced to pay more, and have sharply diminished options for care. I'll leave you with Ed Morrissey's analysis of Obamacare rationing. This mess is starting to run on fumes in hard-hit areas, as Congressional Republicans are ramping up legal pressure against the Obama administration's alleged scheme to skirt the law and bail out insurers through backdoor payments:

Great. We can switch to universal health care like we should have done instead of settling for what we have now.

What Hillary didn't accomplish during Bill's first presidency, Obama did...stole her thunder, so to speak. Perhaps part of the "master plan" was to put all private insurance out of business. The reason they're pulling out is that the losses for all this "free medical care" are astronomical - there have already been a number of threads on the subject
Everything is a shambles right now. When I went for my yearly physical (and under the terms of my private insurance to which I am "entitled" with no co-pay due), the damned thing got coded wrong and it's still showing as a balance due on my account. My insurance company called to get it straight, I've talked to my doctor AND the office administrator and everybody keeps passing the buck. Not only is the thing coded wrong - it's being billed as an HMO instead of a PPO plan even though I haven't had an HMO for at least the last 3 years and they have at least 3 copies of my PPO card on file. Doctors' offices are drowning in paperwork even though paper medical files are sort of out of the picture now. My doctor informed me that if doctors want to continue practicing they HAVE TO convert to computer files, patient portals, etc. Obamacare is almost universally hated by physician's offices. On top of all that I had to identify myself by name to Medicare as a smoker ... new rules for anyone on Medicare or Medicaid...and sign the damned paper certifying I made an honest statement. Tell me that won't be sent off to some central file at the CDC.

Obamacare is a total disaster for everybody concerned.

I plan on getting Obamacare in December. I retired, but the company I worked at continued to pay health care for 30 weeks. Even though it will finish in March, I hope to start on Obamacare in December. I just hope Republicans don't ruin it. They are like locusts. They ruin everything.

What Hillary didn't accomplish during Bill's first presidency, Obama did...stole her thunder, so to speak. Perhaps part of the "master plan" was to put all private insurance out of business. The reason they're pulling out is that the losses for all this "free medical care" are astronomical - there have already been a number of threads on the subject
Everything is a shambles right now. When I went for my yearly physical (and under the terms of my private insurance to which I am "entitled" with no co-pay due), the damned thing got coded wrong and it's still showing as a balance due on my account. My insurance company called to get it straight, I've talked to my doctor AND the office administrator and everybody keeps passing the buck. Not only is the thing coded wrong - it's being billed as an HMO instead of a PPO plan even though I haven't had an HMO for at least the last 3 years and they have at least 3 copies of my PPO card on file. Doctors' offices are drowning in paperwork even though paper medical files are sort of out of the picture now. My doctor informed me that if doctors want to continue practicing they HAVE TO convert to computer files, patient portals, etc. Obamacare is almost universally hated by physician's offices. On top of all that I had to identify myself by name to Medicare as a smoker ... new rules for anyone on Medicare or Medicaid...and sign the damned paper certifying I made an honest statement. Tell me that won't be sent off to some central file at the CDC.

If you weren't a smoker, you could get a cut in your insurance rate. So quit. No one wants to be an addict.

5.png

I do believe someone famous once said of Obamacare, "if you like your plan, you can keep it." And by "once said," I mean, "said over and over again, ad nauseam." Not only was that promise a lie -- which the White House knew at the time -- for millions of Americans who were booted off of their existing coverage when the law was first implemented, it's an ongoing lie for consumers who are participating in the law's exchanges. The The next big shake-up is looming, directly caused by Obamacare's unsustainable model and lack of affordability -

A growing number of people in Obamacare are finding out their health insurance plans will disappear from the program next year, forcing them to find new coverage even as options shrink and prices rise. At least 1.4 million people in 32 states will lose the Obamacare plan they have now, according to state officials contacted by Bloomberg. That’s largely caused by Aetna Inc., UnitedHealth Group Inc. and some state or regional insurers quitting the law’s markets for individual coverage. Sign-ups for Obamacare coverage begin next month. Fallout from the quitting insurers has emerged as the latest threat to the law, which is also a major focal point in the U.S. presidential election. While it’s not clear what all the consequences of the departing insurers will be, interviews with regulators and insurance customers suggest that plans will be fewer and more expensive, and may not include the same doctors and hospitals. It may also mean that instead of growing in 2017, Obamacare could shrink.

"Keep your doctor" was also an Obama pledge, as you'll of course recall. As we keep saying, and as more Democrats are being forced to admit, the law is failing. And those ramifications are just in the individual market. If Democrats get their way (again) by implementing a "public option" or eventually single-payer, many millions people with satisfactory employer-based coverage should expect to be uprooted and shunted into government-run programs. In the meantime, Obamacare is still hurting people. The Washington Post paints a dreary portrait in North Carolina:

As major insurers jilt their ACA customers, nowhere in the country will more people be left with only a single insurer when the marketplaces open for a fourth year of business. These defections are causing turbulence for a quarter-million North Carolinians whose insurance companies are leaving the state — and for the main insurer that will remain. Such turbulence is especially palpable in the rolling Piedmont in and around Greensboro. Of more than 30,000 people here who have gained ACA insurance, 80 percent have been relying on United Healthcare or Aetna Health, the companies pulling out at the end of December. “Wow, it is going to be huge,” said Natalie Cunningham, a 30-year-old hairdresser who had been uninsured for years before she got her first ACA coverage in 2014. Her health plan enabled her to see a chiropractor who diagnosed her neck and back pains as arthritis that probably was a remnant of a decade-old car accident. As of a week ago, Cunningham had not yet received the letter required of her current insurer, an Aetna subsidiary called Coventry, informing her that she needs to find different coverage. But she is like many residents in worrying how much insurance will cost in the coming year. Or whether they will be able to continue to see the same doctors. Or how their narrowing choice will affect the hopscotch they’ve been playing year to year in pursuit of a health plan they can afford.

It's a trifecta of betrayals: People can't keep their plans, are being forced to pay more, and have sharply diminished options for care. I'll leave you with Ed Morrissey's analysis of Obamacare rationing. This mess is starting to run on fumes in hard-hit areas, as Congressional Republicans are ramping up legal pressure against the Obama administration's alleged scheme to skirt the law and bail out insurers through backdoor payments:
You could keep your plan as long as it met minimum requirements.
There is no rationing.

I know you are just sad. You believe in "let him die" and it pisses you off people might live.

• Banned

5.png

There is no rationing.

I know you are just sad. You believe in "let him die" and it pisses you off people might live.

Yes, I take the Liberal stand on this, we don't need all these useless people!

If you weren't a smoker, you could get a cut in your insurance rate. So quit. No one wants to be an addict.

My rate is low, thank you very much. I probably actually smoke less less than a pack a day on average. Let me worry about my smoking. At least I'm not doing (nor have I ever done) any kind of illegal substances that could melt down my brain to where I would/could do something totally batshit crazy to myself or someone else.

On the one hand, y'all are rejoicing because Trump's "plan" would deny >20,000,000 Americans who currently have health insurance from continuing to have it.

On the other hand, y'all are repeating this 1,000,000 figure as if you believe it's (a) already happened (words like "might" and "could" are meaningless to you) and (B) it's a terrible thing.

Conflicted much?

I plan on getting Obamacare in December. I retired, but the company I worked at continued to pay health care for 30 weeks. Even though it will finish in March, I hope to start on Obamacare in December. I just hope Republicans don't ruin it. They are like locusts. They ruin everything.

Yes, you need to mooch off somebody.

5.png

There is no rationing.

Pure garbage.

You are a MAJOR LIAR. And a MORON.

Obama never said anything about minimum requirements or "junk plans" until he got caught in his BIG LIE.

On the one hand, y'all are rejoicing because Trump's "plan" would deny >20,000,000 Americans who currently have health insurance from continuing to have it.

On the other hand, y'all are repeating this 1,000,000 figure as if you believe it's (a) already happened (words like "might" and "could" are meaningless to you) and (B) it's a terrible thing.

Conflicted much?

IRS to target 20 million Americans who didn't buy Obamacare - WND.com
WND.com › 2016/09 › irs-to-target-20-...
Sep 22, 2016 - Are you one of 20 million uninsured Americans who hasn't signed up for Obamacare? Then you might

Kinda hard to ruin something that's already a disaster.

Great. We can switch to universal health care like we should have done instead of settling for what we have now.

Sure...if you like making the rich richer.

That makes sense.

Universal Health Care in this country will never exist like it does in other countries. That you can count on.

Sure...if you like making the rich richer.

That makes sense.

Universal Health Care in this country will never exist like it does in other countries. That you can count on.

Who said it would be exactly like any other country? We use the parts that work, and change the rest.

Forum List

Back