Mel Gibson Admits Remarks, Asks for Help

jillian said:
That was probably a bit overstated. But truth is, he's gonna have a difficult time getting people to work with him....especially producers/directors of the Jewish persuasion.

Sounds like a not so friendly reminder that the Jewish persuasion runs the movie industry. Some Jews might even find THAT comment a bit offensive.
But heck--Bill thinks religion is a disease so who knows where he's aiming his comments.

dilloduck said:
Sounds like a not so friendly reminder that the Jewish persuasion runs the movie industry. Some Jews might even find THAT comment a bit offensive.
But heck--Bill thinks religion is a disease so who knows where he's aiming his comments.

Actually, that sentence didn't sit so well with me. But I find it interesting that that's the sentence you're focused on.

I found the rest of the post much more effective and on the money.

jillian said:
Actually, that sentence didn't sit so well with me. But I find it interesting that that's the sentence you're focused on.

I found the rest of the post much more effective and on the money.

It's the last comment, Jillian. You don't think it wasn't put thier to stick in the readers mind?
Actually the fact that he thinks religion is a disease was much more provocative since I don' think he was talking about Judaism. He chasitizes Mel's bigotry by making a bigoted statement ? Amazing.

dilloduck said:
It's the last comment, Jillian. You don't think it wasn't put thier to stick in the readers mind?
Actually the fact that he thinks religion is a disease was much more provocative since I don' think he was talking about Judaism. He chasitizes Mel's bigotry by making a bigoted statement ? Amazing.

You don't think religion is the single largest cause of bloodshed?

jillian said:
You don't think religion is the single largest cause of bloodshed?

Oooohhh i get it-----you think religion IS a disease---just not Judaism.

( no--I think fear and ignorance is the biggest cause of war ).

jillian said:
Yeah...shame they degraded Walt Disney's "family values". Too bad those "values" included being a Nazi supporter.

What? Mickey Mouse was a Nazi?

Interesting how you totally ignore the rampant anti-catholicism being portrayed in the new Disney movies. Isn't that just as bad as anti-semitism? Or do we have a double standard going on here?

ScreamingEagle said:
What? Mickey Mouse was a Nazi?

Interesting how you totally ignore the rampant anti-catholicism being portrayed in the new Disney movies. Isn't that just as bad as anti-semitism? Or do we have a double standard going on here?

I don't ignore anything and I certainly don't condone hatred ... but I don't put much credence in that article you're referring to.... Seems to me it's far more of a rant against the darn Jews running disney, and "the Zionist sentiments of its top management" and who are "pumping R-rated filth" into movie theatres than anything which proves anti-Catholicism. First of all, I have never heard anyone but the most extreme say R-Rated films were "filth". I thought they were just adult. Disney still does plenty of kids' content, a fact which seems to have escaped your writer.

BTW, with regard to Priest, the 1994 (not 1995) film the writer referrs to, first, I'm pretty much guessing that your writer never saw it. (I've never seen it either, so can't comment on its content) second, it was written by Jimmy McGovern... a Catholic, to the best of my knowledge.

jillian said:
I don't ignore anything and I certainly don't condone hatred ... but I don't put much credence in that article you're referring to.... Seems to me it's far more of a rant against the darn Jews running disney, and "the Zionist sentiments of its top management" and who are "pumping R-rated filth" into movie theatres than anything which proves anti-Catholicism. First of all, I have never heard anyone but the most extreme say R-Rated films were "filth". I thought they were just adult. Disney still does plenty of kids' content, a fact which seems to have escaped your writer.

BTW, with regard to Priest, the 1994 (not 1995) film the writer referrs to, first, I'm pretty much guessing that your writer never saw it. (I've never seen it either, so can't comment on its content) second, it was written by Jimmy McGovern... a Catholic, to the best of my knowledge.

You still didn't explain how the original Walt Disney "family values" included being a Nazi supporter. I'd say that was just plain hatred and a vile and unsubstantiated attack upon a formerly great American company.

You can claim that Disney now targets "adult" audiences but why did they have to do that and smear the Disney name? And it doesn't just target the adults...take a look at the homosexuals at Disneyland to get the drift of things among the children. And why all the anti-Christian sentiments?

You surely know that one lousy Catholic writer does not speak for all Catholics? Evidently the writer of "Priest" was raised in a British working class Catholic family and has been a troubled man and evidently "He seldom goes to mass, he doubts his belief in God".
http://www.crackertv.co.uk/timesinterviewmcgovern.htm

ScreamingEagle said:
You still didn't explain how the original Walt Disney "family values" included being a Nazi supporter. I'd say that was just plain hatred and a vile and unsubstantiated attack upon a formerly great American company.

You can claim that Disney now targets "adult" audiences but why did they have to do that and smear the Disney name? And it doesn't just target the adults...take a look at the homosexuals at Disneyland to get the drift of things among the children. And why all the anti-Christian sentiments?

You surely know that one lousy Catholic writer does not speak for all Catholics? Evidently the writer of "Priest" was raised in a British working class Catholic family and has been a troubled man and evidently "He seldom goes to mass, he doubts his belief in God".
http://www.crackertv.co.uk/timesinterviewmcgovern.htm

Well, no one ever sued Marc Eliot, the author of Hollywood's Dark Prince for libel, did they? He was a real pearl your moral guy, Walt.

Bad enough in itself possibly, if hardly the end of the world. But such dodges in the business of cartoonry are as nothing to the real meat of Eliot's investigations. Disney spent his life in confusion, unsure whether or not he was who he said, or was, in point of fact, an adopted child whose roots lay in Spain. It haunted the man all his life, and lead directly to his involvement as informer to the FBI, in exchange for J Edgar Hoover's help in tracing his real origins. That, and his almost pathological hatred of Communism.

Disney was just about as friendly a witness as ever testified for McCarthy and the HUAC, revenging himself on the leaders of a legitimate strike at his studios for official union recognition. (Dumbo, don't forget, is a scab picture.) And, darker still, he is known to have attended meetings of the American Nazi Party, even if, as Eliot suggests, it was largely about getting his productions into Nazi occupied countries in the period before the war.

http://www.theedge.abelgratis.co.uk/booksfilm/waltdisneyhollywoodsdarkprince.htm

jillian said:
Well, no one ever sued Marc Eliot, the author of Hollywood's Dark Prince for libel, did they? He was a real pearl your moral guy, Walt.

http://www.theedge.abelgratis.co.uk/booksfilm/waltdisneyhollywoodsdarkprince.htm

Ah, I knew you would fall into that trap.;) You are blaming the personal man, Walt Disney (for whatever stupid reasons) - not the company and what he produced.

There was nothing anti-semitic about the original Disney productions. However, today the new Disney productions are full of anti-catholicism/Christianity.

ScreamingEagle said:
Ah, I knew you would fall into that trap.;) You are blaming the personal man, Walt Disney (for whatever stupid reasons) - not the company and what he produced.

There was nothing anti-semitic about the original Disney productions. However, today the new Disney productions are full of anti-catholicism/Christianity.

So if Donald Trump supported Nazism, or Rupert Murdoch was a friend to communism you wouldn't look sideways at a company?? Sure...

Name anti-Christian films Disney has produced, and also produce factual links that the company deliberately produces (ie has an official, endorsed agenda) anti-Christian films...because you know I can see those pitch meetings now.

Filmmaker: "So what do you think about the film Mr Disney Moneyman? Will you back it?"

Mr Disney Moneyman: "Well, it's a great script. I think it'll make 100's of millions of dollars on the national and international market. However, it's not anti-Christian enough, so we'll pass. I always cut off my nose to spite my face. Anti-Christian values are far more important than making money for my shareholders"...:tears1:

Dr Grump said:
So if Donald Trump supported Nazism, or Rupert Murdoch was a friend to communism you wouldn't look sideways at a company?? Sure...

Name anti-Christian films Disney has produced, and also produce factual links that the company deliberately produces (ie has an official, endorsed agenda) anti-Christian films...because you know I can see those pitch meetings now.

Filmmaker: "So what do you think about the film Mr Disney Moneyman? Will you back it?"

Mr Disney Moneyman: "Well, it's a great script. I think it'll make 100's of millions of dollars on the national and international market. However, it's not anti-Christian enough, so we'll pass. I always cut off my nose to spite my face. Anti-Christian values are far more important than making money for my shareholders"...:tears1:

I see. You believe a man's company should be destroyed because you don't like his personal beliefs. Kinda like what the rabid liberals want to do to Mel Gibson.

Read the earlier link I gave which contains several anti-Christian examples produced by the Disney conglomerate. It's the producers who choose what they want the public to experience. You can't say pro-Christian films would be a financial flop - just look at the original Disney company and look at Mel's success.

jillian said:
Well, one...that isn't what he said.

Two, that's really funny coming from the "Boycott the Dixie Chickes because they insulted the pwesident" crew. :tears1:

So whatever do we do with old Mel?

Forum List

Back