Megyn Kellys report on Obamacare lies

I will be glad when we get back to normal around here. The entitled, weak, and lazy can go back to being broke, weak and lazy

-Geaux

TK, it's also proven Medicaid and preventive care is just as cheap as ER care on average, so feel free...you're probably alright but an ekg never hurt- better than a heart attack and all that... - or something else...it's part of being an American citizen- or should be.

He is young.

ER care would be covered by Medicaid - they will hook him up if, God forbid, he will ever end up in the ER.
That is why hospitals have social services.

Hospitals make money on the ER.
And OR.
those are the only 2 departments which are profitable for any hospital.
Everything else in the hospital is a loss.

Actually, I've been in the ER. Twice. Both times I claimed indigence. I had $10,000 in hospital bills forgiven the first time. I'm working on having $2,500 forgiven as I speak. People automatically assume they have to pay immediately out of pocket. Not so here.

Great! A man of principle!

Why do nutters continue to lie about the out of pocket maximums for plans on the exchange?

Out of the pockets maximums are not the same across the country, dumbo.

if you would get your lazy ass up and try to check yourself - you will find it out as well.

but you are just a dumbfuck mouthpiece repeating the lies form LSM

so stop LYING.

out of the pocket maximum can be 63 thousand dollars for a family of 4 in TN, if they earn one cent more than eligibility maximum for subsidies

How is that possible?

Are you counting out-of-network services?

It is not possible.

TK, it's also proven Medicaid and preventive care is just as cheap as ER care on average, so feel free...you're probably alright but an ekg never hurt- better than a heart attack and all that... - or something else...it's part of being an American citizen- or should be.

He is young.

ER care would be covered by Medicaid - they will hook him up if, God forbid, he will ever end up in the ER.
That is why hospitals have social services.

Hospitals make money on the ER.
And OR.
those are the only 2 departments which are profitable for any hospital.
Everything else in the hospital is a loss.

Actually, I've been in the ER. Twice. Both times I claimed indigence. I had $10,000 in hospital bills forgiven the first time. I'm working on having $2,500 forgiven as I speak. People automatically assume they have to pay immediately out of pocket. Not so here.

so after the bs, you're a freeloading, irresponsible POS...LOL wHAT'S THAT, ACCIDENTS- OR AM i right...either way- a disgrace of a health ''system''...get a gd doctor and save us all money...ay caramba.

Humana
Humana National Preferred Bronze 4850/6350 Plan with Children's Dental

$713.60 per month + dental +vision+Accident insurance +Critical illness insurance = 952.31 per month.

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

Annual Deductible Family: $9,700
(Any family member who meets his/her $4,850 individual deductible can start receiving benefits available after deductible. Once 2 family members meet their $4,850 individual deductible separately, the rest of the family will start receiving benefits immediately.)

Separate Prescription Drugs Deductible Individual: $1,500; Family: $3,000. Applies to all drugs except Low-cost generic and brand drugs.

Annual Out-of-Pocket Limit Family: $12,700(2 family members must fully satisfy $6,350 individual Out-of-Pocket Limit)

Chattanooga Tenn family of four...somebody do the math for me pls!

Humana

$713.60 per month + dental +vision+Accident insurance +Critical illness insurance = 952.31 per month.

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

(Any family member who meets his/her $4,850 individual deductible can start receiving benefits available after deductible. Once 2 family members meet their $4,850 individual deductible separately, the rest of the family will start receiving benefits immediately.)

Separate Prescription Drugs Deductible Individual: $1,500; Family: $3,000. Applies to all drugs except Low-cost generic and brand drugs.

Annual Out-of-Pocket Limit Family: $12,700(2 family members must fully satisfy $6,350 individual Out-of-Pocket Limit)

The way I see it, here is the math.

If you and your husband make less than 96k per year in ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME, you will be paying almost 12k per year in premiums to provide a basic health insurance plan for your family with vision and dental benefits.

That would cost you much more before the ACA.

If you make less than 96k AGI, you will get a substantial subsidy.

You will incur added expenses if one or more of your family members gets an illness or requires medical attention beyond what is covered by the plans preventive care benefits. This could be up to $12,700 more in a calendar year.

That would mean that the most that you will spend for a years worth of health care.......if you had an AGI of over 96k.....would be just under 25k.

Now, hopefully, you will spend the 12k and be done with it......nobody will get seriously injured or sick. But.....you will be shielded from having to lose your home and life savings should something horrible like that happen. It could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Good deal?

Last edited:
Why do nutters continue to lie about the out of pocket maximums for plans on the exchange?

Out of the pockets maximums are not the same across the country, dumbo.

if you would get your lazy ass up and try to check yourself - you will find it out as well.

but you are just a dumbfuck mouthpiece repeating the lies form LSM

so stop LYING.

out of the pocket maximum can be 63 thousand dollars for a family of 4 in TN, if they earn one cent more than eligibility maximum for subsidies

Bullshit. Starting in 2015 there will be out of pocket maximums of $12,700 per family.
It's not 2015. Meanwhile, why are they so high?

Humana

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

If you and your husband make less than 96k per year in ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME, you will be paying almost 12k per year in premiums to provide a basic health insurance plan for your family with vision and dental benefits.

You will incur added expenses if one or more of your family members gets an illness or requires medical attention beyond what is covered by the plans preventive care benefits. This could be up to $12,700 more in a calendar year.

That would mean that the most that you will spend for a years worth of health care.......if you had an AGI of over 96k.....would be just under 25k.

Now, hopefully, you will spend the 12k and be done with it......nobody will get seriously injured or sick. But.....you will be shielded from having to lose your home and life savings should something horrible like that happen. It could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Good deal?

But what everyone is not saying including you , YOu have to pay all this up front before you get your money back. Who has that if your on a fixed income

Humana

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

Good deal?
No. Spending over 25% of your income on insurance premiums and deductibles is NOT a good deal, and no one can rationally claim it is.

Humana

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

Good deal?

"That would cost you much more before the ACA."

$1000 a month up front? I've never heard of a plan that expensive having that much out of pocket. That's in Cadillac territory already. At least it was before the ACA.

p.s. It's not as big of a deductible as some are saying will be required. It's still way more expensive than anything I've ever heard of in the past.

Of course, I'm still wondering where people are getting the out-of-pocket estimates in the 30 or 40 thousands and wonder if it's for out-of-network care. The reality is that the total cost for premiums, deductibles, copays, etc. seems to be a max of around 25K like you're saying ... but that's still very expensive.

Last edited:
Humana

Plan Type PPO
Metal Level Bronze

Good deal?
No. Spending over 25% of your income on insurance premiums and deductibles is NOT a good deal, and no one can rationally claim it is.

If you get to that point in out of pocket costs....you have had some real medical issues....and it is a GREAT DEAL. Especially when you consider the fact that the fuckers cannot drop you the next year.

It is insurance. You never think it is a good deal.....until it is.

Childish outlook on your part.

BTW....if your AGI is 96k.....it is less than 25% of your income. Think.....then type.

Forum List

Back