Megyn Kelly Is Receiving Death Threats From Rabid Donald Trump Supporters: Report

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Gabriel Sherman of New York magazine has a lengthy report about Donald Trump’s tense relationship with Fox News and its star anchor Megyn Kelly, whom Trump recently accused of unfairly targeting him during last Thursday’s televised debate (during which, Trump seemed to allege, Kelly had been menstruating). The internal conflict—placing Kelly and Trump in competition for the approval of Fox boss Roger Ailes—has apparently gotten so toxic that Trump supporters have begun threatening Kelly’s life:

For a few days, Ailes didn’t know how to handle Trump’s full-throated attack on Kelly, who accused Trump of sexism during the debate. Eventually, as I reported yesterday, he made the same choice he always does: follow the ratings, and mend fences with Trump. But that process has meant that Fox has had to mute its defense of Kelly, who is now watching uneasily as the Fox audience turns on her: According to one high-level source, Kelly has told Fox producers that she’s been getting death threats from Trump supporters.

Megyn Kelly ranks among Fox’s most prized talent, both publicly and within the channel’s pecking order; it would require extraordinary circumstances for Ailes not to vociferously defend her integrity or her ability to interrogate presidential candidates. But now we know the circumstances under which Ailes won’t go to bat for Kelly: When Donald Trump is attacking her. “Fox’s famously aggressive PR apparatus has not gone after Trump to defend Kelly,” Sherman notes, referring to the notoriously cruel tactics of Fox publicist Irena Briganti. Ailes’ initial defense of Fox News—“I’m extremely proud of all of the moderators”—didn’t even mention Kelly’s name.

More: Megyn Kelly Is Receiving Death Threats From Rabid Donald Trump Supporters: Report

How Fox News Picked Trump Over Megyn Kelly -- NYMag

I am really surprised that Fox viewers would turn on Megyn Kelly so quickly over one debate. Actually, I thought she conducted herself quite professionally. She could have asked Trump about what his ex-wife Ivana said under oath about being raped and having her hair pulled out - but she didn't.

Last edited:
Big Brother contestants get death threats too. Kelly needs to pull up her big girl panties. There are crazies everywhere and she knew the repercussions becoming "famous". Comes with the territory.

Very unfortunate about the death threats. Totally not the way to handle things. However, if she'd been home in a kitchen where she belongs it would never have happened.

I find it ironicly hilarious that Trump and his legions yell so loudly about "political correctness" and decry any criticism as attempt to "ban speech" and "destroy people", yet as soon as someone says something that Trump doesn't like, his followers use everything in their power to "destroy" that person, try to get them fired, or even threaten their lives.

Big Brother contestants get death threats too. Kelly needs to pull up her big girl panties. There are crazies everywhere and she knew the repercussions becoming "famous". Comes with the territory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of those people clutching their pearls and moaning about how "persecuted" that pizza shop owner was for going on TV talking about the gays?

how touching to see the liberals all worried about someone on a News Station they've hated on for years. and why are they for her? because they loved her putting someone down and being an ass. what sick and twisted people

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of those people clutching their pearls and moaning about how "persecuted" that pizza shop owner was for going on TV talking about the gays?
I don't know if you are wrong or not. Gimme a link. I don't remember any pizza shop owner. Then again, there are so many topics I give my two cents. Then again, its more fun when you allude to something I might have said that may or may not be true, ain't it?

I find it ironicly hilarious that Trump and his legions yell so loudly about "political correctness" and decry any criticism as attempt to "ban speech" and "destroy people", yet as soon as someone says something that Trump doesn't like, his followers use everything in their power to "destroy" that person, try to get them fired, or even threaten their lives.
Oh get your panties out of the crack of yer ass. People seen by thousands if not millions get threats all the fucking time.

Or on her back aiming for a new gig.

You're either flaming - or you're one really sick bitch. You're obviously a rabid Trump supporter.
I support having balls to say what others are afraid to say. She was skanky before the debates and she is skanky now, in my opinion.

I believe you are the real skank. Megyn is highly educated, pretty, rich and famous. And you are...

Sound like obama supporters, don't they?

You're either flaming - or you're one really sick bitch. You're obviously a rabid Trump supporter.
I support having balls to say what others are afraid to say. She was skanky before the debates and she is skanky now, in my opinion.

I believe you are the real skank. Megyn is highly educated, pretty, rich and famous. And you are...
Myself. Who are you? Just someone with a differing opinion.

Highly educated, pretty, rich and famous. Yes and a Conservative. And you? Ignorant, ugly, dirt poor and unknown.

I love watching you idiots scramble to criticize each and every Republican candidate that shows some ability to beat the criminal you guys want to sit at the same desk where her husband got a hummer.

We won't let you select our candidate this time, squaw.

Forum List

Back