Meghan McCain on Larry King

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
I saw part of this last night and thought she did really well. I think I agree with her about everything she said. Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

Didn't see it, is she still saying the Republican party has to be more moderate ?

Didn't see it, is she still saying the Republican party has to be more moderate ?

I didn't see all of it, so there could be things I missed but she seemed to mostly be talking about her personal beliefs about things, not about how the party should change. I imagine with as much as she admires her father that a more moderate party is probably what she thinks is right.

One of the things that she talked about was how she is more moderate on social issues, as are a lot of younger Republicans, and that's pretty true for me. I think growing up around the turn of the century has given a lot of us a more liberal or progressive view on social issues. I'm sure I'll take heat for saying this given the perception that some here have about my views on gays and race issues, but that's largely because those people can't see past their own preconceived ideas of what a conservative thinks.

I'll try to remember to see if I can find a video of the interview later.

I didn't see all of it, so there could be things I missed but she seemed to mostly be talking about her personal beliefs about things, not about how the party should change. I imagine with as much as she admires her father that a more moderate party is probably what she thinks is right.

One of the things that she talked about was how she is more moderate on social issues, as are a lot of younger Republicans, and that's pretty true for me. I think growing up around the turn of the century has given a lot of us a more liberal or progressive view on social issues. I'm sure I'll take heat for saying this given the perception that some here have about my views on gays and race issues, but that's largely because those people can't see past their own preconceived ideas of what a conservative thinks.

I'll try to remember to see if I can find a video of the interview later.

I'm with ya's as far as moderate on social issues. I think you just call it as you see it with your views on gays and race issues, it may be unpopular with some, but at least you're honest about it. On the fiscal side, the Repubs REALLY need to get back to being real CONSERVATIVES, which John McCain was/is not imo.......

She seems quite like her father, moderate and smart, she even looks like him. I saw her on Rachael Maddow and she did ok. She's young and trying to get her feet wet politically.

Forum List

Back