Meghan McCain calls out internet bullies

Excuses what behavior? Personal shots at Meghan? She brought the fight to conservatives with her constant harping, mudslinging and name calling. Of course there are going to be many who will respond in kind.

When Meghan decides to pontificate and muse and throw barbs at the heavyweights in the Republicans, she's the one who has opened up a whole can of whoop ass on her ass.

Honestly, do you really believe this child of McCain deserves "special treatment" when she enters the full contact sports of Washington politics?

I don't. She reaps what she sows.

I believe that everyone deserves the same treatment, and in no case should that treatment include being the target of "die whore" comments. I find it stunning that anyone can defend this as being a reasonable way to behave towards anyone.

The GOP should condemn, without reservation, anyone making such comments. That's called leadership, and would gain my respect.

Oh for crying out loud, people insult each other without reservation on the internet all the time.

Who said "die whore"? Some 13 year old in Omaha?:lol:

Give me a break. Show me where Michelle Malkin or Laura Ingram or Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman has said "die whore" and I'll condemn it.

ETA: if Meghan can't take twitter insults from no name faceless people on the net, then she's not even worthy of a day's worth of posting at the USMB. I've had it suggested in my pm's from a lib that I should set myself on fire and burn to death for my political opinions.

Special. :lol: it's the internet. I'm not running around going "boo hoo".

Well, that's where you and I differ. You appear to think that political parties can ignore what is said in their name, so long as they don't say it themselves. I think that the longer they ignore it the worse it becomes and they should exhibit leadership by distancing themselves publicly from such comments. Difference of opinion.

It seems to be the case, and has been for a while now, that both sides of the aisle have pitbulls that they will deliberately allow latitude in order to placate the more extreme wings of their parties, while themselves maintaining a discreet but largely silent distance.

This kind of thing stifles policy debate because so much bandwidth is dedicated to personal attacks. Then again, a lot of people seem more comfortable with personal issues because they don't fully understand the political ones. For clarity, this is a generalization and not an observation about you personally.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day and I'm taking the kids to the pool now. I'll happily continue this philosophical exchange later.

I believe that everyone deserves the same treatment, and in no case should that treatment include being the target of "die whore" comments. I find it stunning that anyone can defend this as being a reasonable way to behave towards anyone.

The GOP should condemn, without reservation, anyone making such comments. That's called leadership, and would gain my respect.

Oh for crying out loud, people insult each other without reservation on the internet all the time.

Give me a break. Show me where Michelle Malkin or Laura Ingram or Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman has said "die whore" and I'll condemn it.

:mad:

WTF does everyone have against whores?

OK, that's funny. :lol:

Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies! - The Daily Beast

Last week, I went on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation to talk about extremism in the Republican Party. As a socially liberal Republican, this happens to be a topic I know a lot about. On the show, I told Sharpton that many Republicans treat me like a freak, especially the extreme-right members of my party. I went on to say that I don’t understand the appeal of extreme bloggers such as Michelle Malkin and the late Andrew Breitbart. That’s all I said, but it only took a few hours before my comments were posted out of context on a variety of blogs that suggested I was viciously attacking Breitbart. My Twitter feed exploded with insults, including the suggestion that I should kill myself.

Moderates arent allowed in the republican party...thats their view of tolerance.

Am I the only one who notes the irony of going on Sharptons show to talk about extremism we all saw how tolerant the Democrats were of Corey Booker when he dared to step of the reservation and speak his mind didn't we they showed him so much tolerance he had to reverse himself about two hours later.

Republicans treat her like a freak, what does she think PmsNbc uses her for? her intelligence..

no one cares what you think..but here's this :eusa_boohoo:for your little pity party

That may well be the case, but it hardly excuses the behavior.

Excuses what behavior? Personal shots at Meghan? She brought the fight to conservatives with her constant harping, mudslinging and name calling. Of course there are going to be many who will respond in kind.

When Meghan decides to pontificate and muse and throw barbs at the heavyweights in the Republicans, she's the one who has opened up a whole can of whoop ass on her ass.

Honestly, do you really believe this child of McCain deserves "special treatment" when she enters the full contact sports of Washington politics?

I don't. She reaps what she sows.

I don't defend them. I also do not have sympathy for people who receive them and whinge about bullying.

I'm not sure how much you can blame the right for that. Obama was the one stupid enough to brag about it in his book.

All's I'm saying is that all this hyped up anti-bully stuff seems like it's part of an agenda. Facing bullies is a part of life.

I agree, it is definitely part of an agenda. An agenda that anyone expressing views that stray towards the center is to be shouted down as loudly and in as aggressively personal a manner as is possible.

She's a grown woman. if someone wants to attack her political views, fine. But ad hominems have become the order of the day (or decade) and it is deeply troubling.

And that's her point exactly. It's like the whole internet not only took after Dan Ackroyd, ("Jane, you ignorant slut"), but figured it for normal and acceptable.

That is about as far from her point as you are from Michelle Bachman. Her point is that the right wing does this stuff, and the left wing is all lovey dovey even when they disagree with people.

She is full of shit, and so are you if you support her.

ETA: if Meghan can't take twitter insults from no name faceless people on the net, then she's not even worthy of a day's worth of posting at the USMB. I've had it suggested in my pm's from a lib that I should set myself on fire and burn to death for my political opinions.

Special. :lol: it's the internet. I'm not running around going "boo hoo".

Well, that's where you and I differ. You appear to think that political parties can ignore what is said in their name, so long as they don't say it themselves. I think that the longer they ignore it the worse it becomes and they should exhibit leadership by distancing themselves publicly from such comments. Difference of opinion.

It seems to be the case, and has been for a while now, that both sides of the aisle have pitbulls that they will deliberately allow latitude in order to placate the more extreme wings of their parties, while themselves maintaining a discreet but largely silent distance.

This kind of thing stifles policy debate because so much bandwidth is dedicated to personal attacks. Then again, a lot of people seem more comfortable with personal issues because they don't fully understand the political ones. For clarity, this is a generalization and not an observation about you personally.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day and I'm taking the kids to the pool now. I'll happily continue this philosophical exchange later.

Does that mean I get to hold Obama responsible for the idiotic stuff that comes off the fingers of Truthmatters? Does he have to spend his time repudiating every bit of idiocy she posts?

Of course it doesn't, which is why your position is stupid.

She went on Al Sharpton's program to talk about Republican extremisim?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Explain why that deserves calls for her to kill herself? Go 'head wiwwow
No one said it did but talking about Republican extremism on the show of a man who has made a career out of pushing Democratic extremism gives you no credibility on the topic. Again do you wonder what type of comments Corey Booker, and Juan Williams got when they went against the liberal line? I doubt they had much support for there comments and I would be willing to bet most of it was probably downright vicious.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

who knows if that was said to her or not...? if she doesn't want the harshness of things said, she should stay off the Internet.
or she can cry us a river

Tolerance :doubt:

Go check her Twitter: Twitter

I know it's hard for you to believe...even harder for you to admit its true

No one said it did but talking about Republican extremism on the show of a man who has made a career out of pushing Democratic extremism gives you no credibility on the topic. Again do you wonder what type of comments Corey Booker, and Juan Williams got when they went against the liberal line? I doubt they had much support for there comments and I would be willing to bet most of it was probably downright vicious.

You seem to subscribe to the theory that a persons ideas are not valid based upon the forum they use. Cheeky! If only she said that to Fox her credibility would be in tact eh?

I dont know what comments Corey Booker got...But you can check the comments Megan McCain got. Pretty bad stuff...But I understand if you want to play the "can you imagine" game because reality...the real stuff is pretty bad on your side.

The tolerant right...purging moderates out of their big tent party :lol:

Am I the only one who notes the irony of going on Sharptons show to talk about extremism we all saw how tolerant the Democrats were of Corey Booker when he dared to step of the reservation and speak his mind didn't we they showed him so much tolerance he had to reverse himself about two hours later.

2 mentions of Corey Booker yet you havent posted anything showing how he was attacked so viciously. :eusa_boohoo: I can show you Megan comments..Show me the attacks on Booker. Go 'head

Last week, I went on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation to talk about extremism in the Republican Party. As a socially liberal Republican, this happens to be a topic I know a lot about. On the show, I told Sharpton that many Republicans treat me like a freak, especially the extreme-right members of my party. I went on to say that I don’t understand the appeal of extreme bloggers such as Michelle Malkin and the late Andrew Breitbart. That’s all I said, but it only took a few hours before my comments were posted out of context on a variety of blogs that suggested I was viciously attacking Breitbart. My Twitter feed exploded with insults, including the suggestion that I should kill myself.

Moderates arent allowed in the republican party...thats their view of tolerance.

who IS she again? oh right...the daughter of some politician:lol:...big fucking whoop.....and they liked her daddy ( until he was nominated) and you and the test of the bubble dwellers only like her becauseshe sticks it in the gop's eye....get real.

shes a nobody. she's worse than say, a lib actor who voices their opnion , at they have A talent.....shes just another asshole like us with opinions.

Sheesh..

If @mccainblogette's daddy wasn't a senator she'd be a pole dancer in Phoenix.

.@McCainBlogette apparently subscribes to the theory that there's no such thing as bad publicity, wrong chunky. #IAmBreitbart

@PatDollard @mccainblogette at what point is this clueless whore(attention whore,but I wouldn't doubt the other kind too) going to shut up?

War on Conservative Women anyone?

Damn them evil Republicans, why can't they be more like Democrats who never resort to insults or kick people out for not being ideologically pure?

:eusa_liar:

Meanwhile the Democratic party kicked its right of center high profile Senators out of the party. Lieberman and Zell Miller. And routinely bad mouths the supposed blue dogs in the House.

Forum List

Back