Meghan McCain calls out internet bullies

I just find it odd that Meghan who consistently runs her mouth off insulting conservatives can't take what she dishes out.

Meghan bullies on a consistent basis. Poor widdle mean girl.

Links?

Here's a quick one. She insults conservatives on a regular basis. I found this one by googling" Megan McCain insults Sarah Palin".

Basically Meghan is like a "valley girl" version of David Frum. :lol: No pity from me. She's playing the game of "oh I'm a moderate, can I come on your show and I promise I'll rip the Republican Party to shreds for you".

Frum's been doing this for years. Sullivan as well. They are all the DNC's "pet media Republicans".

Well, she can rip R's to shred all she wants. But she better get a thicker skin because payback is a bitch. And this spoiled brat should realize that once you start a fight with someone and they give you a verbal knuckle sandwich back, you've earned your black eye.

From Mediaite:

But McCain then played up the controversy and her victimhood. She wrote a denunciation of Beck in her column in Daily Beast and appeared on Jay Leno’s late night program to discuss the event. “No man will ever make me a victim,” McCain told Leno. No need, she is doing it to herself.:eusa_whistle:

McCain wonders why she draws the ire of conservatives, but continues to say things that she has to know will be deemed as ire-worthy by the right.

McCain has attacked Malkin, saying she went on a “manic rampage” when Malkin mocked McCain for tweeting a picture of herself with liberal activist Sandra Fluke when they met at a White House Correspondents’’ Dinner.

McCain went after Greta Van Susteren for inviting actress Lindsay Lohan to the WHCD.

McCain has equated herself with Ronald Reagan for holding moderate views, and said “dirty moderates like me” have no home in the party.

But while McCain has started more than her share of fights with conservative pundits, she seems to spend the majority of her time attacking Republican office seekers and holders.

She called former Delaware Senate Candidate Christine O’Donnell a “nut job” who is “out of her frickin’ mind” during her 2010 campaign.

She went after the Republican primary process in 2012, which she called “bad for politics and bad for the Republican party.” This was an odd observation, given that she is on record saying that Republican primary voters are far too provincial even to watch premium cable programming like HBO.

Aww. Poor little mean girl. Her diary is likely filled with scrawled screeds against Michelle Malkin, Christine O’Donnell and Ann Coulter; she probably never grew out of slam books. But dare criticize her or call her out on her own actions? You are a bully and she is totally a helpless and innocent victim.

Poor little mean girl: Meghan McCain hurls insults, whines ‘Meany pants wingnuts are bullying me’ | Twitchy

I don't know whether these are direct quotes or attributions but, either way, this doesn't even compare.

Tell that to the GOProud folks. She insulted Breitbart. They didn't take kindly to that. She pisses people off and so Meghan gets it back.

They slammed her hard. And she earned the beat down she got over that.

Log Cabin Republicans said GOProud are shills for anti-gay republicans.

Log Cabin Republicans have nothing to do with this particular topic. Why are you bringing them up?

Agree. Totally off topic.

Nobody I know really. That was just a talking point to liberal hypocrisy on the Mitt Romney front.

Oh really? Because a fair number of your team honestly seemed to believe that qualified as bullying.

I'm not sure how much you can blame the right for that. Obama was the one stupid enough to brag about it in his book.

All's I'm saying is that all this hyped up anti-bully stuff seems like it's part of an agenda. Facing bullies is a part of life.

I agree, it is definitely part of an agenda. An agenda that anyone expressing views that stray towards the center is to be shouted down as loudly and in as aggressively personal a manner as is possible.

She's a grown woman. if someone wants to attack her political views, fine. But ad hominems have become the order of the day (or decade) and it is deeply troubling.

“I work for this network for a reason,” McCain, who is an MNSBC contributor, said. “… If you’re not an extreme conservative in this party you are not given respect. ...The problem that’s going on with the Republican Party is that if you don’t adhere to every single ideal, they don’t want you. But I always stand here and say, you can’t actually kick me out of the Republican Party, you can’t actually do it.”

McCain added that she doesn’t “understand the popularity of Michelle Malkin and Andrew Breitbart, people who sort of exacerbate people’s fears.”

“I keep saying unless we start becoming a bigger tent party, we’re going to continue losing elections,” she said. “And isn’t the point to win elections?”

Meghan McCain: GOP can't 'kick me out' - POLITICO.com

Yes, ma'am; the point IS to win elections. And as long as the far fringe keeps tossing out everybody they perceive to be a RINO, their party will keep shrinking.

:lol:

Short term memory loss plaguing you? What part of 2010 don't you remember? How pray tell did the party shrink?

That's a fair point, but it could equally be argued that the 2010 results were as much a vote against Obama as they were for the GOP. When people cast their votes for one person merely to stop the other guy, that really is the thin end of the wedge.

Oh really? Because a fair number of your team honestly seemed to believe that qualified as bullying.

I'm not sure how much you can blame the right for that. Obama was the one stupid enough to brag about it in his book.

All's I'm saying is that all this hyped up anti-bully stuff seems like it's part of an agenda. Facing bullies is a part of life.

For Meghan it's a way to be a drama queen. She's a petulant whiner who has continually bashed and name called conservatives on a regular basis and people are lacing back into her and she can't take it.

She has what I consider to be a legitimate grievance about the GOP (not conservatives, mind you) lurching to the right. And she's not alone. For the far right of the party to engage in character assassination to demonstrate how she's a RINO and therefore not to be trusted risks disenfranchising millions of people who have traditionally viewed themselves as conservatives but now feel that she is being attacked for the very things that they themselves question as well. Politically it's a very dangerous game the GOP are playing.

You really can't have it both ways. You say liberals watered down the word, but then deny it matters when I point out your party, in action, doing the very same.

Which is it.

They have. I watched Celebrity Apprentice this year and like three of them had anti-bullying charities (when there's a ton of more worthy charities out there). I watch House and they're constantly running their anti bullying campaign. The market is saturated with that crap.

And any time a dumbass teenager offs himself b/c someone called him/her a name, the media acts like the schools are social infernos.

They've done such a great job of hyping bullying that the Washington Post figured they were sitting on gold when they could trump up bullying charges on Romney from almost 50 freaking years ago. If that doesn't say that we've went overboard then I don't know what does.

And yes, there is a lot of talk about Obama as a teenager; and yes it showed he was kinda cool but kinda a deuchebag too. But I don't think 'the right' is all too worried about if he was a bully then. He's been too much of a lying scoundrel to water that reality down with he pushed a girl in high school. Instead, it's the left grasping for those straws.

I understand the parallel, but you can't really compare the behavior of immature teens with supposedly rational and mature adults.

Can you?

LOL, who the hell listens to what Megan McCain has to say?

they have her PmsNbc to use for a useful tool in attacking her (so called) party, Republicans and everyone else..

she is just like a whiny adult CHILD..

Last edited:
Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies! - The Daily Beast

Last week, I went on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation to talk about extremism in the Republican Party. As a socially liberal Republican, this happens to be a topic I know a lot about. On the show, I told Sharpton that many Republicans treat me like a freak, especially the extreme-right members of my party. I went on to say that I don’t understand the appeal of extreme bloggers such as Michelle Malkin and the late Andrew Breitbart. That’s all I said, but it only took a few hours before my comments were posted out of context on a variety of blogs that suggested I was viciously attacking Breitbart. My Twitter feed exploded with insults, including the suggestion that I should kill myself.

Instead of ignoring the hate projected at me, I elected to retweet some of the most vile responses. I wanted to show people what happens to me when I go on TV and voice my opinion. The Internet trolls weren’t interested in having a discussion about my opinion; they just wanted to eviscerate me. Here’s a watered-down version of some of the most hateful comments:

I am fat pig. I am ugly. I am disgusting. I am an embarrassment to my family, and they should be ashamed of me. I am an anti-American extremist. I am a clueless whore. I should drink a bottle of alcohol and pills and kill myself.

That’s only a small sampling, but you get the idea. You would think that by now, having gone through a presidential election with my father in 2008, I would be numb to this kind of name-calling. But I’m not. It hurts, it rattles me, it (understandably) concerns my mother, and it keeps me up at night. In a single day, Dan Abrams’s Mediaite found it necessary to post two full columns about me, questioning my career and suggesting I’m a problem for the Republican Party. By the way, each of the “columnists” behind these posts also vomited up a series of nasty Twitter posts following their columns. And they are supposed to be professionals.

She hit the nail on the head. Not that anything will change - but she is right.

hmm, seems toughness is not genetic.

She should either grow up or shut up.

There's a 16 y/o conservative blogger that gets death threats and takes it WAY better than than magan

That may well be the case, but it hardly excuses the behavior.

they have her PmsNbc to use for a useful tool in attacking her (so called) party, Republicans and everyone else..

What is so funny about this Stephanie is witnessing Liberals telling any of us that it is wrong to "diss" Meghan McCain.

She was a registered Independent who voted for John Kerry in 2004 for heaven's sake.

Meghan's one and only qualification to run with the big dogs in Washington is her father's name. As it is she doesn't even rate a "yorkie" or "chichi" mantle in the world of bloggers because both those breeds are tougher than she is.

If she wants to attack our political rotties and pitbulls in the conservative blogger/pundit world her father's name is not going to save her from the scorn that will be heaped on her.

What is so funny about this Stephanie is witnessing Liberals telling any of us that it is wrong to "diss" Meghan McCain.

She was a registered Independent who voted for John Kerry in 2004 for heaven's sake.

Meghan's one and only qualification to run with the big dogs in Washington is her father's name. As it is she doesn't even rate a "yorkie" or "chichi" mantle in the world of bloggers because both those breeds are tougher than she is.

If she wants to attack our political rotties and pit bulls in the conservative blogger/pundit world her father's name is not going to save her from the scorn that will be heaped on her.

I don't little Meggie all that bright, and her constant whining is just, annoying.
must be why the left loves her so much..:lol:

Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies! - The Daily Beast

She hit the nail on the head. Not that anything will change - but she is right.

There's a 16 y/o conservative blogger that gets death threats and takes it WAY better than than magan

Excuses what behavior? Personal shots at Meghan? She brought the fight to conservatives with her constant harping, mudslinging and name calling. Of course there are going to be many who will respond in kind.

When Meghan decides to pontificate and muse and throw barbs at the heavyweights in the Republicans, she's the one who has opened up a whole can of whoop ass on her ass.

Honestly, do you really believe this child of McCain deserves "special treatment" when she enters the full contact sports of Washington politics?

I don't. She reaps what she sows.

If she wants to attack our political rotties and pitbulls in the conservative blogger/pundit world her father's name is not going to save her from the scorn that will be heaped on her.

Why is it that when someone objects to personal attacks of the "Go and kill yourself, whore" nature (hardly taking issue with her political position) that they are automatically written off as being a Liberal, and therefore not to be considered?

The attacks on Sarah Palin have in many cases been just as vile. What the hell happened to society?

If she wants to attack our political rotties and pit bulls in the conservative blogger/pundit world her father's name is not going to save her from the scorn that will be heaped on her.

I don't little Meggie all that bright, and her constant whining is just, annoying.
must be why the left loves her so much..:lol:

I swear she's a rino version of a non menopausal Maureen Dowd. :eusa_angel:

Excuses what behavior? Personal shots at Meghan? She brought the fight to conservatives with her constant harping, mudslinging and name calling. Of course there are going to be many who will respond in kind.

When Meghan decides to pontificate and muse and throw barbs at the heavyweights in the Republicans, she's the one who has opened up a whole can of whoop ass on her ass.

Honestly, do you really believe this child of McCain deserves "special treatment" when she enters the full contact sports of Washington politics?

I believe that everyone deserves the same treatment, and in no case should that treatment include being the target of "die whore" comments. I find it stunning that anyone can defend this as being a reasonable way to behave towards anyone.

The GOP should condemn, without reservation, anyone making such comments. That's called leadership, and would gain my respect.

I believe that everyone deserves the same treatment, and in no case should that treatment include being the target of "die whore" comments. I find it stunning that anyone can defend this as being a reasonable way to behave towards anyone.

The GOP should condemn, without reservation, anyone making such comments. That's called leadership, and would gain my respect.

Oh for crying out loud, people insult each other without reservation on the internet all the time.

Who said "die whore"? Some 13 year old in Omaha?:lol:

Give me a break. Show me where Michelle Malkin or Laura Ingram or Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman has said "die whore" and I'll condemn it.

ETA: if Meghan can't take twitter insults from no name faceless people on the net, then she's not even worthy of a day's worth of posting at the USMB. I've had it suggested in my pm's from a lib that I should set myself on fire and burn to death for my political opinions.

Special. It's the internet. I'm not running around going "boo hoo".

Last edited:

Oh for crying out loud, people insult each other without reservation on the internet all the time.

Who said "die whore"? Some 13 year old in Omaha?:lol:

Give me a break. Show me where Michelle Malkin or Laura Ingram or Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman has said "die whore" and I'll condemn it.

:mad:

WTF does everyone have against whores?

I agree, it is definitely part of an agenda. An agenda that anyone expressing views that stray towards the center is to be shouted down as loudly and in as aggressively personal a manner as is possible.

She's a grown woman. if someone wants to attack her political views, fine. But ad hominems have become the order of the day (or decade) and it is deeply troubling.

And that's her point exactly. It's like the whole internet not only took after Dan Ackroyd, ("Jane, you ignorant slut"), but figured it for normal and acceptable.

No normal Republican is too concerned that the liberal Meghan insulted the ultra-right dorky Breitbart, who, in his prime, had no trouble insulting anyone who stood more than an inch to his left.,

Yes, Breitbart was a tool fool of the far right.

Yes, Meghan is a liberal GOP out of touch with Republican reality.

Wasted too much time on this already. Unsubscribe.

Forum List

Back