Meghan McCain calls out internet bullies

Not so fast there, home skillet. Who all was screaming a few weeks back about Obama "bullying" a little girl when he shoved her?

Nobody I know really. That was just a talking point to liberal hypocrisy on the Mitt Romney front.

Oh really? Because a fair number of your team honestly seemed to believe that qualified as bullying.

I'm not sure how much you can blame the right for that. Obama was the one stupid enough to brag about it in his book.

All's I'm saying is that all this hyped up anti-bully stuff seems like it's part of an agenda. Facing bullies is a part of life.

“I work for this network for a reason,” McCain, who is an MNSBC contributor, said. “… If you’re not an extreme conservative in this party you are not given respect. ...The problem that’s going on with the Republican Party is that if you don’t adhere to every single ideal, they don’t want you. But I always stand here and say, you can’t actually kick me out of the Republican Party, you can’t actually do it.”

McCain added that she doesn’t “understand the popularity of Michelle Malkin and Andrew Breitbart, people who sort of exacerbate people’s fears.”

“I keep saying unless we start becoming a bigger tent party, we’re going to continue losing elections,” she said. “And isn’t the point to win elections?”

Meghan McCain: GOP can't 'kick me out' - POLITICO.com

Yes, ma'am; the point IS to win elections. And as long as the far fringe keeps tossing out everybody they perceive to be a RINO, their party will keep shrinking.

:lol:

Short term memory loss plaguing you? What part of 2010 don't you remember? How pray tell did the party shrink?

Nobody I know really. That was just a talking point to liberal hypocrisy on the Mitt Romney front.

Oh really? Because a fair number of your team honestly seemed to believe that qualified as bullying.

I'm not sure how much you can blame the right for that. Obama was the one stupid enough to brag about it in his book.

All's I'm saying is that all this hyped up anti-bully stuff seems like it's part of an agenda. Facing bullies is a part of life.

For Meghan it's a way to be a drama queen. She's a petulant whiner who has continually bashed and name called conservatives on a regular basis and people are lacing back into her and she can't take it.

Tell that to the GOProud folks. She insulted Breitbart. They didn't take kindly to that. She pisses people off and so Meghan gets it back.

They slammed her hard. And she earned the beat down she got over that.

She insulted Breitbart!? WTF?? Who cares?

That is beyond lame. Y'all gonna canonize him next?

What part of Meghan McCain went on Al Sharpton's show and insulted the crap out of Breitbart and consequently pissed off many individuals who responded by attacking McCain back.

You started the thread about her whining about being "bullied". :lol: She got insulted on twitter and in blogs because she bitched and moaned about Breitbart and called him a hateful extremist.

Meghan really really pissed off many people.

He was a hateful extremist and god struck him down.

Tell that to the GOProud folks. She insulted Breitbart. They didn't take kindly to that. She pisses people off and so Meghan gets it back.

They slammed her hard. And she earned the beat down she got over that.

She insulted Breitbart!? WTF?? Who cares?

That is beyond lame. Y'all gonna canonize him next?

What part of Meghan McCain went on Al Sharpton's show and insulted the crap out of Breitbart and consequently pissed off many individuals who responded by attacking McCain back.

You started the thread about her whining about being "bullied". :lol: She got insulted on twitter and in blogs because she bitched and moaned about Breitbart and called him a hateful extremist.

Meghan really really pissed off many people.

I'm pretty sure you forgot to finish your first paragraph.

And I'm beginning to think "many people" sincerely need a life. They're destroying their own party with this crap.

You really can't have it both ways. You say liberals watered down the word, but then deny it matters when I point out your party, in action, doing the very same.

Which is it.

You really can't have it both ways. You say liberals watered down the word, but then deny it matters when I point out your party, in action, doing the very same.

Which is it.

They have. I watched Celebrity Apprentice this year and like three of them had anti-bullying charities (when there's a ton of more worthy charities out there). I watch House and they're constantly running their anti bullying campaign. The market is saturated with that crap.

And any time a dumbass teenager offs himself b/c someone called him/her a name, the media acts like the schools are social infernos.

They've done such a great job of hyping bullying that the Washington Post figured they were sitting on gold when they could trump up bullying charges on Romney from almost 50 freaking years ago. If that doesn't say that we've went overboard then I don't know what does.

And yes, there is a lot of talk about Obama as a teenager; and yes it showed he was kinda cool but kinda a deuchebag too. But I don't think 'the right' is all too worried about if he was a bully then. He's been too much of a lying scoundrel to water that reality down with he pushed a girl in high school. Instead, it's the left grasping for those straws.

Which is it.

They have. I watched Celebrity Apprentice this year and like three of them had anti-bullying charities (when there's a ton of more worthy charities out there). I watch House and they're constantly running their anti bullying campaign. The market is saturated with that crap.

And any time a dumbass teenager offs himself b/c someone called him/her a name, the media acts like the schools are social infernos.

They've done such a great job of hyping bullying that the Washington Post figured they were sitting on gold when they could trump up bullying charges on Romney from almost 50 freaking years ago. If that doesn't say that we've went overboard then I don't know what does.

And yes, there is a lot of talk about Obama as a teenager; and yes it showed he was kinda cool but kinda a deuchebag too. But I don't think 'the right' is all too worried about if he was a bully then. He's been too much of a lying scoundrel to water that reality down with he pushed a girl in high school. Instead, it's the left grasping for those straws.

Still not the point. The right did it (accused Obama of being a bully), everybody here knows they did it, and you still tried to project the lie onto the left.

I'm starting to think you've yet to reach the age where it's okay to admit you spoke in error.

Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies! - The Daily Beast

Last week, I went on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation to talk about extremism in the Republican Party. As a socially liberal Republican, this happens to be a topic I know a lot about. On the show, I told Sharpton that many Republicans treat me like a freak, especially the extreme-right members of my party. I went on to say that I don’t understand the appeal of extreme bloggers such as Michelle Malkin and the late Andrew Breitbart. That’s all I said, but it only took a few hours before my comments were posted out of context on a variety of blogs that suggested I was viciously attacking Breitbart. My Twitter feed exploded with insults, including the suggestion that I should kill myself.

Instead of ignoring the hate projected at me, I elected to retweet some of the most vile responses. I wanted to show people what happens to me when I go on TV and voice my opinion. The Internet trolls weren’t interested in having a discussion about my opinion; they just wanted to eviscerate me. Here’s a watered-down version of some of the most hateful comments:

I am fat pig. I am ugly. I am disgusting. I am an embarrassment to my family, and they should be ashamed of me. I am an anti-American extremist. I am a clueless whore. I should drink a bottle of alcohol and pills and kill myself.

That’s only a small sampling, but you get the idea. You would think that by now, having gone through a presidential election with my father in 2008, I would be numb to this kind of name-calling. But I’m not. It hurts, it rattles me, it (understandably) concerns my mother, and it keeps me up at night. In a single day, Dan Abrams’s Mediaite found it necessary to post two full columns about me, questioning my career and suggesting I’m a problem for the Republican Party. By the way, each of the “columnists” behind these posts also vomited up a series of nasty Twitter posts following their columns. And they are supposed to be professionals.

She hit the nail on the head. Not that anything will change - but she is right.

She's a stupid bimbo who is a right wing whore for the talking points.

Fuck Megan McCain.............she's a stupid whore.

Which is it.

Still not the point. The right did it (accused Obama of being a bully), everybody here knows they did it, and you still tried to project the lie onto the left.

I'm starting to think you've yet to reach the age where it's okay to admit you spoke in error.

There's no error and this has nothing to do with age. How long was that in Obama's book and the right wasn't trumping up the bullying charges. They brought it to everyone's attention when the media hypocritically played the bullying card on Romney.

And that's the point. The media is selling this bullying crap so that they sensationalize any story they want b/c they've fostered the narrative that any sort of bullying makes a person among the worst people in the world. Let the kids be kids. And if that includes some bullying then that's how it goes.

Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies! - The Daily Beast

Last week, I went on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show PoliticsNation to talk about extremism in the Republican Party. As a socially liberal Republican, this happens to be a topic I know a lot about. On the show, I told Sharpton that many Republicans treat me like a freak, especially the extreme-right members of my party. I went on to say that I don’t understand the appeal of extreme bloggers such as Michelle Malkin and the late Andrew Breitbart. That’s all I said, but it only took a few hours before my comments were posted out of context on a variety of blogs that suggested I was viciously attacking Breitbart. My Twitter feed exploded with insults, including the suggestion that I should kill myself.

Instead of ignoring the hate projected at me, I elected to retweet some of the most vile responses. I wanted to show people what happens to me when I go on TV and voice my opinion. The Internet trolls weren’t interested in having a discussion about my opinion; they just wanted to eviscerate me. Here’s a watered-down version of some of the most hateful comments:

I am fat pig. I am ugly. I am disgusting. I am an embarrassment to my family, and they should be ashamed of me. I am an anti-American extremist. I am a clueless whore. I should drink a bottle of alcohol and pills and kill myself.

That’s only a small sampling, but you get the idea. You would think that by now, having gone through a presidential election with my father in 2008, I would be numb to this kind of name-calling. But I’m not. It hurts, it rattles me, it (understandably) concerns my mother, and it keeps me up at night. In a single day, Dan Abrams’s Mediaite found it necessary to post two full columns about me, questioning my career and suggesting I’m a problem for the Republican Party. By the way, each of the “columnists” behind these posts also vomited up a series of nasty Twitter posts following their columns. And they are supposed to be professionals.

She hit the nail on the head. Not that anything will change - but she is right.

hmm, seems toughness is not genetic.

She should either grow up or shut up.

There's a 16 y/o conservative blogger that gets death threats and takes it WAY better than than magan

There's no error and this has nothing to do with age. How long was that in Obama's book and the right wasn't trumping up the bullying charges. They brought it to everyone's attention when the media hypocritically played the bullying card on Romney.

And that's the point. The media is selling this bullying crap so that they sensationalize any story they want b/c they've fostered the narrative that any sort of bullying makes a person among the worst people in the world. Let the kids be kids. And if that includes some bullying then that's how it goes.

Okay, well. That was a complete waste of time. Cya.

Okay, well. That was a complete waste of time. Cya.

If you consider legitimate points a waste of time then I can't help you.

Not so fast there, home skillet. Who all was screaming a few weeks back about Obama "bullying" a little girl when he shoved her?

Not that I am on a team, but what he described in his book certainly qualifies as bullying in most schools today, and might be classified as a hate crime in some jurisdictions.

“I work for this network for a reason,” McCain, who is an MNSBC contributor, said. “… If you’re not an extreme conservative in this party you are not given respect. ...The problem that’s going on with the Republican Party is that if you don’t adhere to every single ideal, they don’t want you. But I always stand here and say, you can’t actually kick me out of the Republican Party, you can’t actually do it.”

McCain added that she doesn’t “understand the popularity of Michelle Malkin and Andrew Breitbart, people who sort of exacerbate people’s fears.”

“I keep saying unless we start becoming a bigger tent party, we’re going to continue losing elections,” she said. “And isn’t the point to win elections?”

Yes, ma'am; the point IS to win elections. And as long as the far fringe keeps tossing out everybody they perceive to be a RINO, their party will keep shrinking.

Is that anything like the Democrats kicking out Lieberman because he was too far to the right for them? Or does that not count in your world?

Is that anything like the Democrats kicking out Lieberman because he was too far to the right for them? Or does that not count in your world?

Is it? Was it okay when they did it? I'm still no good with this 'let's change the subject because we don't want to see/admit the truth' dance.

Is it? Was it okay when they did it? I'm still no good with this 'let's change the subject because we don't want to see/admit the truth' dance.

The truth here is you have no idea what is going on in among conservatives. McCain makes a living by going on liberal shows to whine about how the Republicans are moving to the right. She occasionally chooses to attack people on the right, totally misrepresenting what they are saying, and whines when people treat her like the bitch she represents herself to be.

The Republicans are not trying to kick her out, she is trying to get them to do so.

So, do you actually want to discuss the truth, or do you want to run around in a pretend world where the Republicans are evil and kicking everyone who does not toe the line out of the party. If the former, start from the actual truth. If the latter, I get to be as idiotic in making my points as you are.

I just find it odd that Meghan who consistently runs her mouth off insulting conservatives can't take what she dishes out.

Meghan bullies on a consistent basis. Poor widdle mean girl.

I guess if she tweets at people that they are whores who should kill themselves then I agree with you.

Forum List

Back