Megadeth's Dave Mustaine refuses to tour with satanic bands

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Megadeth star Dave Mustaine has reportedly ditched a bunch of festival appearances as he refuses to risk rocking alongside Satanic bands on the bill.

Mustaine became a devout Christian in 2002 and is disturbed by the number of metal bands, with names such as Rotting Christ and Dissection, who claim to be Satanists.

He writes on his website: "For the concerts I headline or I put together, it's usually my choice who I play with.

"Festivals are different. If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, I would respectfully decline."

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1035786.php/Mustaine_avoids_Satanic_bands

-Cp said:
Megadeth star Dave Mustaine has reportedly ditched a bunch of festival appearances as he refuses to risk rocking alongside Satanic bands on the bill.

Mustaine became a devout Christian in 2002 and is disturbed by the number of metal bands, with names such as Rotting Christ and Dissection, who claim to be Satanists.

He writes on his website: "For the concerts I headline or I put together, it's usually my choice who I play with.

"Festivals are different. If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, I would respectfully decline."

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1035786.php/Mustaine_avoids_Satanic_bands

He's probably jealous because the Satanists get all the chicks!
:D

Of course, one has to wonder how many of these bands are anywhere close to Satanists as opposed to just trying to put up a scary front. Heck, even Marilyn Manson himself has said that he gave up on Satanism a long time ago.

Still, I have to respect Moustaine for sticking to his guns. I met a guy once in Charleston who worked in the hotel that Moustaine lived in for a while in L.A., he said Dave was a real standup character, he would always stop and chit-chat with the guy, even though he was just a doorman. Then again, I've heard stories of Moustaine acting VERY diva-ish at times back in the day. Of course, that's what happens when you're on an ungodly (no pun intended) amount of drugs, I guess.

Megadeth had some great tunes back in the day, but reading/watching interviews, it's clear that Dave never got over being booted from Metallica, it's funny that now that they are at the low-point of their career, he seems to be more well-balanced than ever.

Considering Mustaine was a giant Asshole in the past who did write some great music I would say this is a real step up for him so I say Bravo Dave!!

Regarding Manson My friend and I met him a few years back, my friend had a drum skin she wanted signed for her 7 year old daughter....Here's what he wrote

Casey do a lot of drugs, suck a lot of co@k you little cu_t.

So Id say that he doens't really need to be satanist to be a jackass.

-Cp said:

Anyone who can get kicked out of METALLICA for drinking too much,
probably needs some religion.

Bonnie said:
Regarding Manson My friend and I met him a few years back, my friend had a drum skin she wanted signed for her 7 year old daughter....Here's what he wrote

Casey do a lot of drugs, suck a lot of co@k you little cu_t.

Gee, who says that Marilyn Manson isn't a public menace? He just encouraged a 7 year old girl to engage in oral sex (which carries with it the risk of exposure to AIDS or other STD), break the law, get addicted and otherwise, ruin her life.... then to top it all off, he calls her a name that I wouldn't call a dog... which, I'm sure, does a lot for her sense of self worth....

Oh, yes, I'm sure it's all an "act", but to a kid, it isn't.... who knows what kind of potential damage he could have brought on...this guy is a perverted sicko and should be run out of town by a band of parents wielding pitchforks, torches and nooses.....

KarlMarx said:
Gee, who says that Marilyn Manson isn't a public menace? He just encouraged a 7 year old girl to engage in oral sex (which carries with it the risk of exposure to AIDS or other STD), break the law, get addicted and otherwise, ruin her life.... then to top it all off, he calls her a name that I wouldn't call a dog... which, I'm sure, does a lot for her sense of self worth....

Oh, yes, I'm sure it's all an "act", but to a kid, it isn't.... who knows what kind of potential damage he could have brought on...this guy is a perverted sicko and should be run out of town by a band of parents wielding pitchforks, torches and nooses.....

You sure you didn't mean R. Kelly?

Just to play Devil's advocate here...

Isn't seven years old a bit too young to be exposed to Marilyn Manson, anyway? His music is filled with descriptions of much worse things that what was in that autograph. Not defending him, just saying.

Dan said:

Isn't seven years old a bit too young to be exposed to Marilyn Manson, anyway? His music is filled with descriptions of much worse things that what was in that autograph. Not defending him, just saying.
Good point...

But then, is there such thing as a good age to be exposed to MM?

That would be like asking at what age are people old enough to be exposed to Botulism!!!!

Dan said:

Her daughter was not there at the club, my friend just wanted a souvineer to give her someday. Needless to say she threw it out when she saw what was written. Her husband works for a sound company that does sound for those types of shows, so she usually will get some kind of autograph on a t shirt or something, and ALL the other artists that she has asked have been very polite when they find out it's for her daughter, but this guy isn't even human, he's just totally creepy, and I don't scare easily from nutty musicians.. LOL

I guess that I'm lucky, my son wanted season tickets to the local opera.... so that's what I got him (and me, too)....

He used to be interested in "pop music", but he told me that he couldn't care less about it any longer. The thing that turned him off to it were some of the things that the so-called "rap artists", Brittany, Christina Aquillera, and others had been doing (drugs, violence, general sluttiness and so on). I guess he knew enough to see what they were doing was wrong and he decided that they weren't the sort of people he wanted to look up to or patronize with his dollars.

What can I say? I'm still a rocker at heart myself, but I don't discourage him from his current taste in music.

KarlMarx said:
I guess that I'm lucky, my son wanted season tickets to the local opera.... so that's what I got him (and me, too)....

He used to be interested in "pop music", but he told me that he couldn't care less about it any longer. The thing that turned him off to it were some of the things that the so-called "rap artists", Brittany, Christina Aquillera, and others had been doing (drugs, violence, general sluttiness and so on). I guess he knew enough to see what they were doing was wrong and he decided that they weren't the sort of people he wanted to look up to or patronize with his dollars.

What can I say? I'm still a rocker at heart myself, but I don't discourage him from his current taste in music.

Bravo to him!! He sounds like he's cultured. Truly if I was his age now I wouldn't be interested in much of the music out there especially not Brittany and company. Im still waiting for that late 80's early 90's metal station........Good thing I have Satelite radio.

Yes, popular music today, on the whole, sucks. It's a shame, though, because there are some really great bands out there who will never be famous because Britney and Eminem are a way better image for MTV. Oh, well, I could go off on my classic "why wasn't I alive in the sixites/seventies?" tangent, but I'll spare you.:D

Gabriella84 said:
Dave Mustaine is a total hypocrite. How strange is it that, right after his "conversion to Christianity," Megadeth went on tour with Slayer? Yes, the band whose last album was entitled "God Hates Us All."
Mustaine is merely seeking to revive the flagging fortunes of a band that has always sucked. Mostly because he is an asshole.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=36406
Megadeth isn't that bad. I will say this about them,
They've kept true to their style and didn't sell out like Metallica.
That hurts me to say that (sigh) "sad but true", Dave was a very important
cog in the Metallica wheel when they first started. Hell most of the music
from their first three albums (and a few after) were written by Dave.
James just changed some of the words a bit. He really was delt a bad hand
in the music biz from the start. Try living up to golden icons that you helped
create for the rest of your life.

(Breaks promise 10 years later)
1587630854383.png

Forum List

Back