Megadeth Frontman backs Santorum

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Well this is some fun! It's not his choice of Santorum that has me grinning ear to ear as much as just having another rocker join in with conservatives. Yay!

Dave Mustaine, leader of the heavy metal band Megadeth, is ready to rock out for Rick Santorum.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” Mustaine recently told MusicRadar.com. “... You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

Megadeth frontman backs Rick Santorum - POLITICO.com

Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion
Something I don't understand

Fools like me,who cross the sea
And come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep,for their beliefs
Do you kill on god's command?

Holy Wars... Lyrics - Megadeth

Megadeth’s new album, Endgame, is finally finished; how do you feel?

Dave Mustaine : It’s a tremendous relief. We’ve been working on it for quite some time and a lot of my really close friends know what a perfectionist I am and I was going through a lot of family things at that time, which was really disruptive and distracting, but far be it for anyone to say that I don’t try my hardest with the things that matter. Really paying attention to personal relationships is what I think helped make this record stand up the way that it has; it’s got some really, really emotional tracks.

Where does the title come from?

DM : There was a bill that was signed into law by our ex-president, George Bush, and basically it gave him the power to create these detention centers that could be used for mass casualties and stuff like that, and in the long run they were like concentration camps to hold people in. This is to the degree where even they take people who were legal citizens if they don’t agree with what our ex-president felt were groups that should be on a list of terrorists.

Megadeth Interview: Dave Mustaine - AskMen

Well this is some fun! It's not his choice of Santorum that has me grinning ear to ear as much as just having another rocker join in with conservatives. Yay!

Dave Mustaine, leader of the heavy metal band Megadeth, is ready to rock out for Rick Santorum.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” Mustaine recently told MusicRadar.com. “... You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

lol... I'm a long-time member of the NRA... but I still look waaaay askance at anything Ted Nugent might have to say...

"Some presidential qualities"; YEP, this guy is a CON alright.

There's nothing surprising or shocking about this. Dave Mustaine is a born-again evangelical ordained minister. He's been very socially conservative for years.

According to stories, he made the newest drummer of Megadeth become ordained too before he'd let him join the band.

Too bad Metallica gave Dave the boot... he is far better than Kirk. Oh well.

"Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” Mustaine recently told MusicRadar.com.

Santorum's daughter has been sick the whole time. I'm not saying he doesn't care about his daughter, but wouldn't a better measure be if he suspended his campaign altogether to be with her full-time?

Forum List

Back