Mega Snow Storm Pic

We got a fair share of "global warming" yesterday here in Central Massachusetts. It's snowing again this morning and may turn to sleet/freezing rain/ice later in the day.

I work for an Electric utility company so these storms are really beginning to get on my nerves. After tonight I will have spent 6 of the last 23 nights in a hotel due to storm duty at one office or another. This winter cannot end quickly enough for my tastes.

We got a fair share of "global warming" yesterday here in Central Massachusetts. It's snowing again this morning and may turn to sleet/freezing rain/ice later in the day.

I work for an Electric utility company so these storms are really beginning to get on my nerves. After tonight I will have spent 6 of the last 23 nights in a hotel due to storm duty at one office or another. This winter cannot end quickly enough for my tastes.

What makes this winter different than any other? Why are we talking so much about these storms? It couldn't be because they've become so unusual in recent years, could it?

What makes this winter different than any other? Why are we talking so much about these storms? It couldn't be because they've become so unusual in recent years, could it?

I remember storms like this when I was a kid, less so when I was a young adult and now, more storms. Funny how mother nature works.

In the decade that I've worked for this company, this is the worst "storm" year, by far. In sheer amount of frustration this even exceeds the week and a half of solid 12 hour days for the Ice Storm in December of 2008.

No they havn't...just long term memory sufferers like yourself seem to think they're anything special.

11 degrees with wind chills in the instant frost bite range in Albuqeurque this morning and it won't get a lot warmer today. The sun is out--pale and wimpy--but it is out so I think the snow is over for us though we are technically still under a winter storm warning.

I do get amused reading the blogs and fringe media though.

This massive snow storm is directly caused by global warming.
But when we weren't getting snow, that was also due to global warming.
When we hit a couple of days of record heat last summer, that was global warming.
And when we are hitting some record cold this winter, yep, global warming.
If it rains more than usual, global warming.
If it rains less than usual, global warming.

Hey Mr. Foxfyre is in the kitchen making brunch. That almost certainly has to be due to global warming. :)

Weather is not Climate: What the Bad Winter Storms in the U.S. Northeast Have to Do With Global Warming | The Moderate Voice

There are two requirements for a record snow storm:

1) A near-record amount of moisture in the air (or a very slow moving storm).
2) Temperatures cold enough for snow.

It’s not hard at all to get temperatures cold enough for snow in a world experiencing global warming. According to the 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, the globe warmed 0.74°C (1.3°F) over the past 100 years. There will still be colder than average winters in a world that is experiencing warming, with plenty of opportunities for snow.

The more difficult ingredient for producing a record snowstorm is the requirement of near-record levels of moisture. Global warming theory predicts that global precipitation will increase, and that heavy precipitation events–the ones most likely to cause flash flooding–will also increase. This occurs because as the climate warms, evaporation of moisture from the oceans increases, resulting in more water vapor in the air.

The point is Old Rocks, if EVERYTHING happening climatewise or weatherwise is attributed to global warming, how will we ever know when it has returned to normal?

As has been said many times. It is not possible to say that one storm, or even one winter, warmer or colder, is the result of global warming. A period of a decade is a good start to indicate a trend.

However, as the post stated, certain results from global warming is predicted. One of those is that the warmer air will draw up more moisture. And that this moisture will then precipitate out. As to the form the precipitation takes, that depends on the temperature. Is this storm part of that? Can't really say, too many variables. However, if we see a substancial increase in storms that dump more than normal amounts of precipitation, over the period of a decade or more, then we have a clear trend.

As has been said many times. It is not possible to say that one storm, or even one winter, warmer or colder, is the result of global warming. A period of a decade is a good start to indicate a trend.

However, as the post stated, certain results from global warming is predicted. One of those is that the warmer air will draw up more moisture. And that this moisture will then precipitate out. As to the form the precipitation takes, that depends on the temperature. Is this storm part of that? Can't really say, too many variables. However, if we see a substancial increase in storms that dump more than normal amounts of precipitation, over the period of a decade or more, then we have a clear trend.

Hmmm, back ten years or so they predicted that snow in the winter would disappear altogether. When are they gonna make up their minds?

Who said what and when. I keep seeing this kind of crap posted, yet I do not remember anyone saying that all snow would disappear. In fact, one of the early predictions was for more snow in the Arctic and Anarctic, because of the increased moisture. They failed to predict the amount of warming, so that snow has melted off each year, plus part of the ice pack.

A couple of hours ago our local afternoon drive radio host played clip after clip after clip from presentations from AGW proponents of a few years ago who were saying things like:

Sun spots have little or no affect on global warming--even the IPCC has back down on that one.

The fact that we are having so many hurricans is due to global warming.

(a couple of years later) The fact that we haven't been having any hurricans is due to global warming.

The snowpack of the Sierra Nevada furnishing the huge lion's share of the water supplies in the west are in irreversible decline and will soon disappear. (As I type this, the snowpack on the Sierra Nevada is 199% of normal.)

The reservoirs that millions of people in California depend on for fresh water are drying up. (All are double what they were at that time as I type this.)

We are losing the polar bear hugely stressed by melting arctic ice. (As I type this, the polar bear population is the largest ever recorded, is healthy, happy, and doing just fine.)

Less snow, global warming.
More snow, global warming.
Less wind, global warming.
More wind, global warming.
Record high temperatures someplace - global warming.
Record low temperatures someplace - global warming.

And we won't even get into the snows of Kilamanjaro or the Himalayan glaciars or other theories of AGW that have been thoroughly debunked. And never mind false scientific data that was intentionally not corrected because it didn't fit the AGW mantra or the many theories and suppositions used to market the doctrine that have simply been shown to not be true.

And lets ignore a long string of years now in which CO2 has continued to increase substantially while the Earth's climate has not followed along at all, much less proportionately which should at least raise the question of whether CO2 is the culprit in global warming.

It is a fact that the Earth has been warming, in fits and starts, since the last ice age and will no doubt continue to do so until we start approaching the next one. It is a fact that the Earth has been warmer in the past than it is now. And it is a fact that both man and beast, overall, do better when the Earth is warmer than it does in the colder periods.

An open mind is necessary and of course we should keep studying climate and doing our best to forecast trends so that we can prepare for them. But there simply is not sufficient evidence of human caused global warming to justify draconian measures to combat it.

Weather is not Climate: What the Bad Winter Storms in the U.S. Northeast Have to Do With Global Warming | The Moderate Voice

There are two requirements for a record snow storm:

1) A near-record amount of moisture in the air (or a very slow moving storm).
2) Temperatures cold enough for snow.

It’s not hard at all to get temperatures cold enough for snow in a world experiencing global warming. According to the 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, the globe warmed 0.74°C (1.3°F) over the past 100 years. There will still be colder than average winters in a world that is experiencing warming, with plenty of opportunities for snow.

The more difficult ingredient for producing a record snowstorm is the requirement of near-record levels of moisture. Global warming theory predicts that global precipitation will increase, and that heavy precipitation events–the ones most likely to cause flash flooding–will also increase. This occurs because as the climate warms, evaporation of moisture from the oceans increases, resulting in more water vapor in the air.

The bozo's make like theres no such thing as LaNina............:lol: Im convinced of one thing lately..........some brilliant SOB was sitting in front of his TV one morning watching an episode of Abbot and Costello some years ago. He was watching the episode where Bud cleverly dupes Lou during a coin game when he says to Lou, "OK Lou.........here we go....heads I win, tails you lose!!"

Thus is the genesis of the utter brilliance of the man made global warming scam. Even found a way to cover their ass in times of hideous winter's by applying the old Bud Abbot trick!!!

Last edited:
Who said what and when. I keep seeing this kind of crap posted, yet I do not remember anyone saying that all snow would disappear. In fact, one of the early predictions was for more snow in the Arctic and Anarctic, because of the increased moisture. They failed to predict the amount of warming, so that snow has melted off each year, plus part of the ice pack.

Hmmm, about ten years ago the Dems were arguing that less snow = global warming. Now they, and the big Goracle, are saying all this massive snow = global warming. Oh, 'scuse me, climate change. How cool that they changed the moniker so no matter what it does, it's due to Aglobal-warmer-climate-cooling . . . ah, whatever. Clever, clever little pips, aren't they?

So sorry it's Rush (you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you I've never listened to him, but I haven't. Just happened to find his version of this vid and thought I'd share).

No Snow = Global Warming But Lot's of Snow Also = Global Warming | Notoriously Conservative

Is the earth warming? Yes. Is the earth cooling? Yes. Has it done this in the past? Yes. Will it continue to do this in the future? Yes. Is man the cause? No.

Last edited:
ps.....check out this video and how the guest pokes fun at how people who belive in global warming being man made just dont know the facts or just prefer to ignore them!!!!

This is classic....................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Y2iF99kOY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Y2iF99kOY[/ame]

Heres a video of a debate between a "real scientist" and a senior meteorologist.................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZU5uvM5Ok&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZU5uvM5Ok&NR=1[/ame]

Watch this and tell me who has a former grasp on the facts.............

Geez just go away, you're not even an amusing liar anymore.......

RFK, Jr. 15 months ago: Global warming means no snow or cold in DC | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly

Hadley Climate Centre 2003: “89% Less Snow for Scotland” | hauntingthelibrary

Back when it Snowed (By E contributors)

Losing Winter : As Climate Change Takes Hold, Our Coldest Season is the First Casualty (By Jim Motavalli)

How many hundred more do wish me to post proving what an abject liar you are? Hmmmm?

Forum List

Back