Meet the true republicans without a party - Republicans for Choice

What discussion board? Where? Who is "blaming" women for anything? As for men, yes, they should be held accountable. Absolutely.

Bring it up sometime on comment sections regarding this matter. You will then be confronted.

This board is somewhat stunning thus far...

Republicans for Choice believe in a woman's right to choose yet their long lost party fails to recognize this group of actual republicans.

They are rejected. However it does reflect that the RINO dominated party posing as republicans certainly does not represent republicans not by a long shot. Betty Ford was an active voice for a woman's right to choose.

Oh I believe in a woman's right to choose, absolutely, I just believe abortion is the wrong choice...

We all make wrong choices, the differences is Roe v Wade made it an excuse, too bad so many can't see this...

How exactly did Roe vs Wade make it an excuse? Show me please.

You need help understanding how Roe v Wade made it a legitimate excuse? I thought you took the Pro Choice side??? Are you suggesting the debate is not about choosing abortion over delivery?

Why has "women's rights' become the Code Word for Pro Aboriton or the Anti Life crowd? I support my rights as a woman. Therefore i support woman's right. Having an abortion or not has nothing to do with my rights. i am getting tired of Code speak.

Then you are for it or agin it, which is it? No code just a simple question it needs only a simple answer.

Well, then let's boil it down to Life or Anti-Life. Same difference. And, very clear since abortion involves ending a life.

Were you answering my previous post here?

Neocons tend to say they're the party of Lincoln even though they couldn't be further away from his ideals.

Not saying this group is. Only saying that MAYBE, buried under all the preaching and screeching, MAYBE the Grand Old Party lives?

Naw, its a goner. All you have to do is look at those pathetic pub candidates to know that.

As Opposed to the wonderful, Talented People the Democrats put up lately, like the Peach that is in office right now?

lol

How much of what Abbey Johnson delivers is true? Abbey Johnson provides no hard evidence whatsoever.

My speculation tells me Abbey Johnson is a radical who infiltrated Planned Parenthood
for to come out with a character assassination.

Abortion is big business for Planned Parenthood. They make plenty of money off of it. Conservatives don't want tax money going to Planned Parenthood, tax money taken from people who don’t believe in abortion. They don't want Christian hospitals other religious hospitals to be forced to perform abortions. and abortion should also be a state issue, were the people of each state get a vote. You have a problem with that?

The new document the abortion organization posted shows Planned Parenthood provided prenatal services to merely 7,021 women and referred only 977 women for adoption services. These numbers were a 25 percent drop in prenatal care clients and a whopping 59 percent decline in adoption referrals from the 2,405 adoption referrals in 2008. The abortion business helped only 9,433 prenatal clients in 2008, down substantially from the 11,000 women it provided prenatal care to in 2007 — showing health care given to pregnant woman has fallen substantially over the years.

As a result, 97.6 percent of pregnant women going to Planned Parenthood are sold abortions while less than 2.4 percent of pregnant women received non-abortion services including adoption and prenatal care. That’s up from 96.5 percent of pregnant women going to Planned Parenthood getting abortions in 2008.

“Despite its protestations that abortion is only a small part of its services,” said Jim Sedlak, vice president of the pro-life group American Life League, “Planned Parenthood has increased its number of abortions for 15 straight years. During that time, it has gone from committing 9.3 percent of all abortions in the United

New Planned Parenthood Report: Record Abortions Done in 2009 | LifeNews.com

How much of what Abbey Johnson delivers is true? Abbey Johnson provides no hard evidence whatsoever.

My speculation tells me Abbey Johnson is a radical who infiltrated Planned Parenthood
for to come out with a character assassination.

Abortion is big business for Planned Parenthood. They make plenty of money off of it. Conservatives don't want tax money going to Planned Parenthood, tax money taken from people who don’t believe in abortion. They don't want Christian hospitals other religious hospitals to be forced to perform abortions. and abortion should also be a state issue, were the people of each state get a vote. You have a problem with that?
]

A few.

The money that Planned Parenthood gets from the government doesn't go to abortions. It goes to health care for poor women and contraception, both of which are goals and there really isn't an organization set up to do it.

You know, people on the conservative side whine all day about how abortion is bad and they need to stop it, but they never make provisions for 1 million additional unwanted babies or offer so much as a choice.

They opposed family and medical leave, they oppose universal health care, etc.

Now if you want to say, "that's not the government's job", that's fine, that's an argument. But then neither is trying to tell a woman she can't have an abortion.

The "choice" doublespeak is absolutely sinister.

Since you barely comprehend single-speak, I can understand your confusion.

Actually, it's a pretty simple issue. Will abortions happen in safe, legal clinics or in back rooms operated by shady characters?

That's the only real thing under discussion here, because really, you can't make an abortion law actually stick.

Just like the prostitution laws don't work, the drug laws don't work and the gun laws don't work.

You can't legislate the human heart.

A few.

The money that Planned Parenthood gets from the government doesn't go to abortions. It goes to health care for poor women and contraception, both of which are goals and there really isn't an organization set up to do it.

You know, people on the conservative side whine all day about how abortion is bad and they need to stop it, but they never make provisions for 1 million additional unwanted babies or offer so much as a choice.

Now if you want to say, "that's not the government's job", that's fine, that's an argument. But then neither is trying to tell a woman she can't have an abortion.

You liberals have got to give up on this failed line of reasoning, based as it is on the insistence that only by adopting liberal social policies does one 'care about the living.' The typical assumption that the liberal attitude is built upon.

Actually, it's a pretty simple issue. Will abortions happen in safe, legal clinics or in back rooms operated by shady characters?

That's the only real thing under discussion here, because really, you can't make an abortion law actually stick.

Just like the prostitution laws don't work, the drug laws don't work and the gun laws don't work.

By that stupid fucking illogic no laws should exist because they are always going to be broken. You fucking moron.

By that stupid fucking illogic no laws should exist because they are always going to be broken. You fucking moron.

See, this is where you are incapable of critical thinking.

Why do murder laws work? Because there is universal agreement that murder is wrong. People will turn in their family members if they think they are murderers. They work because everyone wants them to work. Because, hey, they could be next. And when empaneled on a jury, people will be inclined to convict if the evidence is solid enough.

Now, why don't gun control laws work. (Realizing you can only comprehend this point if given a right wing example.) Because there are a lot of people who feel they have a god given right to own a gun (a badly written second Amendment doesn't help) and they choose to ignore them. People aren't going to rat out their neighbors or family members for illegally having a gun in the house.

Next, let's take prostitution laws. They work selectively. There are neighborhoods where it exists, everyone knows about these districts. Every once in a while they clean them up, but for the most part, no one is going to rat out their friend for being a hooker, nor for hiring one during a bachelor party. It's illegality that exists because most people tolerate it. As long as you aren't too open. Clean up the street walker but leave the call girl alone.

Now, let's take your idiotic proposed abortion law. How will that work? Will the women turn themselves in? Nope. Will the doctors who perform them turn themselves in? Unlikely. Will boyfriends and husbands turn their partners in? Unlikely. Then try getting a conviction. You'll have one person on that jury that will vote to acquit even if you have film of the abortion being performed.

A few.

You liberals have got to give up on this failed line of reasoning, based as it is on the insistence that only by adopting liberal social policies does one 'care about the living.' The typical assumption that the liberal attitude is built upon.

Never said I advocated it one way or the other. I really don't care if they get medical leave, and I don't really care if they get abortions. I'm just saying, you want less abortions, you should make it easier for them to choose having the baby, not harder to get the abortion. Because the latter doesn't work. Ever.

Countries like Brazil and the Philippines, thanks to the influence of the Roman Stupid Church, have outlawed abortions, but they have as many abortions per capita as countries were it is legal.

Give you another example. In France, they have only half as many abortions as we do in the US per Capita. But not because abortion is illegal there, because it is not only legal but the government pays for them. The government also has universal health coverage AND generous paid family leave.

Why do murder laws work? .

They don't according to your tortured logic, because people commit murder all the time. Not a day goes by without one. I guess "you can't legislate the human heart," huh? :rolleyes:

A few.

Never said I advocated it one way or the other. I really don't care if they get medical leave, and I don't really care if they get abortions. I'm just saying, you want less abortions, you should make it easier for them to choose having the baby, not harder to get the abortion. Because the latter doesn't work. Ever.

Countries like Brazil and the Philippines, thanks to the influence of the Roman Stupid Church, have outlawed abortions, but they have as many abortions per capita as countries were it is legal.

Give you another example. In France, they have only half as many abortions as we do in the US per Capita. But not because abortion is illegal there, because it is not only legal but the government pays for them. The government also has universal health coverage AND generous paid family leave.

See previous comments, shitforbrains.

They don't according to your tortured logic, because people commit murder all the time. Not a day goes by without one. I guess "you can't legislate the human heart," huh? :rolleyes:

They aren't widespread, like a million a year... that's the point, dumb-ass. When they happen, people are arrested and convicted.

Hey, when was the last time a woman was convicted of having an abortion....

It was 1922. 51 years before Roe v. Wade.

Now republicans should move forward into the democrat arena and push for Fiscally Conservative and Socially Responsible Government.
I remember that from the 80s: I’m a fiscal conservative but a social liberal.

Those folks got marignalized by the radical right, with a giant RINO stamped across their forehead.

Then say "Pro choice" instead of assuming that women's rights means one must be Anti Life and Pro Abortion. See, i can alter my words and use Codespeak too. No problem.

Everyone has a right to privacy, just leave it at that.

Even if they could get Roe overturned, then what? Then the issue goes back to the 50 states, and most of them would enact abortion laws pretty much like the ones we have now. YOu think any state legislature is going to tell a woman she can't have an abortion? Really?

In Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kansas – you better believe it.

But let's say for shits and grins that they get Roe v. Wade overturned AND get the state legislatures to enact abortion restrictions. How are you ever going to practically enforce them?

That’s just the tip of the iceberg – to overturn Roe you must also overturn Griswold, Roe is the progeny of Griswold, which is the Constitutional linchpin upholding the right to privacy and the doctrine of substantive due process.

With that edifice of case law gone, the protection of our civil liberties as expressed in the 14th Amendment is in jeopardy; states and local jurisdictions would in theory be free to move against targeted groups of persons for exclusion from their laws – it’s not just about abortion.

We all make wrong choices, the differences is Roe v Wade made it an excuse, too bad so many can't see this...
Likely because it isn’t true. That some may exercise their Constitutional right to privacy in a manner others disapprove of , is no justification for the restriction of that right.

Last edited:

They aren't widespread, like a million a year... that's the point, dumb-ass. When they happen, people are arrested and convicted. .

BeCAAAAAUUUUUUSEeee...

...it is against the law and is prosecuted, YOU INCREDIBLE FUCKING MORON.

They aren't widespread, like a million a year... that's the point, dumb-ass. When they happen, people are arrested and convicted. .

BeCAAAAAUUUUUUSEeee...

...it is against the law and is prosecuted, YOU INCREDIBLE FUCKING MORON.

And because witnesses testify.
And police investigate
and Juries find people guilty

Because everyone agrees murder is wrong.

Now, not everyone thinks abortion is wrong. If you can randomly find a group of 12 people who will send a woman to jail for having an abortion in the first trimester, I'd be pretty impressed.

Do you really think Cops are going to go around being the uterus police?
Do you think anyone is going to testify against a woman who had an abortion? (At least anyone with relevenent testimony.)

We actually DO have a system, and it works.

Forum List

Back