Meet The ‘Super Voters’ Who Could Be Disenfranchised By Pa. Voter ID Law

The Allegheny County elections chief testified Friday that he expects the new voter ID law could lead to longer lines at the polls in November as workers explain the requirement and issue provisional ballots to people without acceptable ID.
OMG! Longer lines! The HORROR! And provisional ballots? How DARE they issue those to people without the proper id!

:rolleyes:

On one hand liberals celebrate Obamination's illegal Amnesty Declaration will provide ID cards to illegals to live and run around the USA, but then they turn around and lie about this person or that person can't get an ID as a legal American....

I stand by my convictions. Even this Republican has the civil right to vote.

Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Could Disenfranchise ‘Super Voters’ | TPMMuckraker

Nearly one-fourth of the senior citizen voters who have cast a ballot in the past 50 consecutive elections (including November 2011) lack a valid state-issued ID and could be prevented from casting a ballot in November, according to a new PA AFL-CIO analysis of data provided by the state.

Helen Taylor, an 81-year-old from Doylestown who wants to vote for Romney, wasn’t aware the voter ID law would prevent her from voting until she was contacted by TPM. She no longer drives, and her licence expired a few years ago after she got into an accident.
Taylor first voted for Dwight Eisenhower after seeing him speak in Philadelphia as a young woman. She’s heard some people talking about the law but didn’t think it would affect her. Taylor doesn’t think the law is necessary.

“I mean, here I am, I’m 80-years-old, I live in a retirement community,” Taylor said. “I definitely want to vote. My whole family always likes politics. My parents were Democrats, they loved Roosevelt and all that. But everybody — well there are a couple Democrats left I think — but almost everybody is a Republican now.”

Noone will be disenfranchised at all by voter ID laws, the supreme court has sided with the states several times already over this and all liberals on the supreme court sided with conservatives that there is no disenfranchisement involved at all. Stop with the Faux rage already, you'll just have to deal with winning or losing an election on your candidates own merits from this point on.
And for those of you not in the know, this is how this works:
The left pushes the narrative that voter ID laws disenfranchise minorities and the poor "Even though it doesn't" and then when they cannot win the election through voter fraud they scream bloody murder that the Right disenfranchised the voters and then an ensuing uprising is expected by the left during a lame duck session to which they can declare Marshall law and put in place themselves to be the dictators they have always wanted to be.
Dont fall for it, they are not worth it, protect your property and ignore the faux outrage.

Is it any wonder that these eternally victimized, worthless losers are so incapable of acquiring valid ID that they must depend on welfare to sustain themselves.........

Incompetent trash.................

read my posts, dumbass. They can vote provisionally. I even gave specifics as to what is allowed as ID, what can be done without ID... for example, the use of an affirmation.

You lying little herpes scab. The PA law only allows them to vote provisionally, if they can produce the required documents within a few days after the ballot is cast.

Why do try to lie so often?

I even used big bold RED letters, and you still ignored it...

NO ONE legally entitled to vote will be denied the right to do so. If you do not have a photo ID, or are indigent and unable to obtain one without payment of a fee, you may cast a provisional ballot, and will have six days to provide your photo ID and/or an affirmation to your county elections office to have your ballot count.
If they do not have the required documentation after they cast the provisional ballot, the can provide an affirmation. Apparently you do not know what that is.

a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.

Looks like you're the liar, Dickless.

What do you think it takes many of the old, disabled, poor, or young to get to some county seat to affirm? Why can't the voter do what they've always did, and be allowed to affirm at the polling place.

You're a total idiot and scumbag liar.

What do you think it takes many of the old, disabled, poor, or young to get to some county seat to affirm? Why can't the voter do what they've always did, and be allowed to affirm at the polling place.

You're a total idiot and scumbag liar.

I lied about nothing, as you well know. That is simply the only thing you can think of after having your ass repeatedly handed to you.

Give up the ghost, Dickless Fuck...

This thread is fail....

People who want to vote are actually going out and getting their free IDs... You know, taking personal responsibility... New concept for you, Dickless Fuck... Try it...

Lazy fuckers will just have to affirm after the fact...

Cheaters will just have to stay home...:thup:

I don't know about PA...but in Michigan you only need to show a couple utility bills with your name/address. In fact they give you a whole list of items that can be used to verify who you are. The ID costs $10. If you're over 65 it's FREE. All she has to do is have someone take her to get it. I get so tired of people saying it's so hard to do! Stop with the excuses.....

hey... check this out...
PennDOT issuing free Dept. of State voter ID cards at Driver Licensing Centers - CBS 21 News - Breaking news, sports and weather for the Harrisburg -York -Lancaster -Lebanon Pennsylvania area
PennDOT issuing free Dept. of State voter ID cards at Driver Licensing Centers

Since the Pennsylvania Voter ID law was enacted in March, PennDOT has been working closely with the Department of State to ensure that every voter has the opportunity to obtain photo identification. Starting today in Pittsburgh and statewide on Aug. 28, voters who lack verification documents necessary for a secure Pennsylvania Photo ID (non-driver’s license ID card), will be able to obtain a new Department of State voter identification card for free by visiting a PennDOT Driver License Center.

“Our goal is to ensure that every person who needs an ID can get one, and this new ID serves as a safety net for those who can’t find or obtain verification documents normally required for a PennDOT secure identification card,” said PennDOT Secretary Barry J. Schoch.

If the customer was born in Pennsylvania but does not possess a birth certificate with a raised seal, PennDOT works directly with Department of Health to certify the customer’s birth record. If the customer still cannot qualify for a PennDOT secure ID, the department will then work to issue the new Department of State Voter ID card.

PennDOT has posted signs to assist customers seeking Voter Identification cards at the state’s 71 Driver License Centers. The downtown Pittsburgh center has the new Department of State Voter ID cards available today. The other centers statewide that are closed on Mondays will have them on Aug. 28. PennDOT serves about 2.4 million customers at the centers each year.

And a hearty, 'go fuck yourself, Dickless Fuck' to our resident jackass, Dickless Fuck.

Then someone better get with them and let them know the laws are changing....
Just because they've done it the same way for 50 years doesn't mean crap...things and laws change so they better get with it. If they don't, or their families or friends don't bother to warn them, that's not my fault. But i like the idea that illegals and dead people won't be able to vote!

What documents are required to get that "free of charge" ID? What do those documents cost, and what documents do you need to get one?

see above... Dickless. Note that if there is a fee involved anywhere along the line, a simple affirmation will do.

end dumbass thread.

Oh, you do know what an affirmation is... right?

In other words, you can't provide the documentation required to obtain the so-called free photo id.

My son just got one last Thursday. He's a 19 year old special needs kid.

He needed: his voter registration card, his SS card, raised-seal BC and something (he took a tax bill) that had his name and address on it.

It was free because he didn't have any of the other photo IDs that are accepted. He had to sign a form stating such.

You can use your DL if it expired within the past year (expired 11/6/2011 or later). Otherwise you have to get a photo ID.

My mom is in the same boat, her DL expired (still can't get an answer from her as to the expiration date) and she will need to go get a new photo ID if her DL expired too long ago.

If she chooses not to get the ID prior to election day she can still vote and it will still count. She has a week after the election is over to get the photo ID.

I stand by my convictions

You can't disenfranchise anyone who isn't franchised. All ID laws do it prevent illegals and dead people from voting and restricts people to voting once.

Democrats don't oppose ID because they actually think people don't have them, they oppose them because they know that they are the party who benefit by far the most from fraud.

I think everyone should be implanted with an RFID to be able to vote. The government can provide these free of charge.

If you do not support a Voter RFID requirement, you don't believe there is any fraud and you want illegal Mexicans to vote. QED.

I think everyone should be implanted with an RFID to be able to vote. The government can provide these free of charge.

If you do not support a Voter RFID requirement, you don't believe there is any fraud and you want illegal Mexicans to vote. QED.

How about a finger print or retinal scanner? Geeze! What's wrong with getting a photo ID? You need one for practically everything these days.

"9% of voters in Pennsylvania do not have photo identification cards from the state transportation department, leaving their ability to vote in November in doubt unless they have another acceptable form of identification."

Voter ID law: 9% of Pennsylvania voters don't have state photo card, officials say | PennLive.com

They don't have a photo ID from PennDOT -- meaning no driver's license. How does this equate to them not having "a suitable form of photo ID"? Just because they don't have a DL does not equate to them having no form of acceptable ID in order to vote. I'm sure there are folks who need to go get the proper ID but that number is likely much smaller than the 9% they are stating.

It keeps being stated that this will disenfranchise the poor. Aren't the poor the ones who are on some type of government assistance (welfare, food stamp, unemployment, etc)? Don't they require some kind of ID in order to receive gov't assistance?

Forum List

Back