Meet The ‘Super Voters’ Who Could Be Disenfranchised By Pa. Voter ID Law

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
I stand by my convictions. Even this Republican has the civil right to vote.

Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Could Disenfranchise ‘Super Voters’ | TPMMuckraker

Nearly one-fourth of the senior citizen voters who have cast a ballot in the past 50 consecutive elections (including November 2011) lack a valid state-issued ID and could be prevented from casting a ballot in November, according to a new PA AFL-CIO analysis of data provided by the state.

Helen Taylor, an 81-year-old from Doylestown who wants to vote for Romney, wasn’t aware the voter ID law would prevent her from voting until she was contacted by TPM. She no longer drives, and her licence expired a few years ago after she got into an accident.
Taylor first voted for Dwight Eisenhower after seeing him speak in Philadelphia as a young woman. She’s heard some people talking about the law but didn’t think it would affect her. Taylor doesn’t think the law is necessary.

“I mean, here I am, I’m 80-years-old, I live in a retirement community,” Taylor said. “I definitely want to vote. My whole family always likes politics. My parents were Democrats, they loved Roosevelt and all that. But everybody — well there are a couple Democrats left I think — but almost everybody is a Republican now.”

Nearly one-fourth of the senior citizen voters who have cast a ballot in the past 50 consecutive elections (including November 2011) lack a valid state-issued ID and could be prevented from casting a ballot in November, according to a new PA AFL-CIO analysis of data provided by the state.

Helen Taylor, an 81-year-old from Doylestown who wants to vote for Romney, wasn’t aware the voter ID law would prevent her from voting until she was contacted by TPM. She no longer drives, and her licence expired a few years ago after she got into an accident.
Taylor first voted for Dwight Eisenhower after seeing him speak in Philadelphia as a young woman. She’s heard some people talking about the law but didn’t think it would affect her. Taylor doesn’t think the law is necessary.

“I mean, here I am, I’m 80-years-old, I live in a retirement community,” Taylor said. “I definitely want to vote. My whole family always likes politics. My parents were Democrats, they loved Roosevelt and all that. But everybody — well there are a couple Democrats left I think — but almost everybody is a Republican now.”

Where does the Voter ID law state that the ID must be a driver's license?

Come back to us when she is actually prevented from voting, Dickless.

You mean after she is prevented from voting? Is that your argument? The woman stated that she has no photo id, and it's very difficult to get one. Why do you support the new defacto poll tax?

BTW, I do have a dick. It's not as active today as it once was. Don't you feel like a petulant child using the term "dickless"? Have you ever stuck your head down my pants?

Where does the Voter ID law state that the ID must be a driver's license?

What kind of supporting documents are required to get a photo-id in Pennsylvania? What is the cost of getting them? Do you believe that someone who's voted in the last 50 elections, all of a sudden be required to pay a defacto poll tax to cast a ballot?

BTW, I'm supporting the rights of a Republican in this case.

Preparing for Election Day
Voters will be required to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day. All photo IDs must contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise. Acceptable IDs include:

Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (including the Department of State Voter ID Card)

PA Driver’s License or Non-driver’s License photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)

Valid U.S. passport

U.S. military ID- active duty and retired military (a military or veteran’s ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents’ ID must contain an expiration date

Employee photo ID issued by Federal, PA, PA County or PA Municipal government

Photo ID from an accredited PA public or private institution of higher learning, including colleges, universities, seminaries, community colleges and other two-year colleges

Photo ID issued by a PA care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes

If you do not have one of these IDs, and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a PennDOT Driver License Center.
To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what supporting documentation you will need to get a photo ID visit PennDOT's Voter ID Website or call the Department of State's Voter ID Hotline at 1-877-VotesPA (868-3772).

NO ONE legally entitled to vote will be denied the right to do so. If you do not have a photo ID, or are indigent and unable to obtain one without payment of a fee, you may cast a provisional ballot, and will have six days to provide your photo ID and/or an affirmation to your county elections office to have your ballot count. If you have a religious objection to being photographed you can still vote by presenting a valid without-photo driver’s license or a valid without-photo ID card issued by PennDOT.

looks like even without the id you can vote. Note the 'or an affirmation'. They even put in an exception for religions that don't allow pictures.

Last edited:
Voters will be required to show an acceptable photo ID on Election Day. All photo IDs must contain an expiration date that is current, unless noted otherwise. Acceptable IDs include:

Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (including the Department of State Voter ID Card)

PA Driver’s License or Non-driver’s License photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)

Valid U.S. passport

U.S. military ID- active duty and retired military (a military or veteran’s ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents’ ID must contain an expiration date

Photo ID from an accredited PA public or private institution of higher learning, including colleges, universities, seminaries, community colleges and other two-year colleges

Photo ID issued by a PA care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes

If you do not have one of these IDs, and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a PennDOT Driver License Center.
To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what supporting documentation you will need to get a photo ID visit PennDOT's Voter ID Website or call the Department of State's Voter ID Hotline at 1-877-VotesPA (868-3772).

NO ONE legally entitled to vote will be denied the right to do so. If you do not have a photo ID, or are indigent and unable to obtain one without payment of a fee, you may cast a provisional ballot, and will have six days to provide your photo ID and/or an affirmation to your county elections office to have your ballot count. If you have a religious objection to being photographed you can still vote by presenting a valid without-photo driver’s license or a valid without-photo ID card issued by PennDOT.

looks like even without the id you can vote. Note the 'or an affirmation'. They even put in an exception for religions that don't allow pictures.

What documents are required to get that "free of charge" ID? What do those documents cost, and what documents do you need to get one?

Valid U.S. passport

What documents are required to get that "free of charge" ID? What do those documents cost, and what documents do you need to get one?

see above... Dickless. Note that if there is a fee involved anywhere along the line, a simple affirmation will do.

end dumbass thread.

Oh, you do know what an affirmation is... right?

Oh for crying out loud, she can vote absentee ballot

stop blowing smoke up our asses

Did you know you're connected to the Internet?

Typical lazy, easily manipulated, idiot Liberal.

I already posted that link for him, pasted the relevant items, highlighted the answers to his questions in large RED letters... He still can't see.

He is willfully stupid.

Elections come around every 4 years. YOU CAN not tell me in 4 years people can not get out ONE TIME with a friend and get an ID and save the 15 dollars to get one in 4 years time.. not buying it

see above... Dickless. Note that if there is a fee involved anywhere along the line, a simple affirmation will do.

end dumbass thread.

Oh, you do know what an affirmation is... right?

In other words, you can't provide the documentation required to obtain the so-called free photo id.

He is, but a lot of older voters aren't.

Most of these folks will go to the polls on Election day just like they have for the past few decades...only be told THIS TIME that they don't have the "proper" ID.

Most of these folks will go to the polls on Election day just like they have for the past few decades...only be told THIS TIME that they don't have the "proper" ID.

read my posts, dumbass. They can vote provisionally. I even gave specifics as to what is allowed as ID, what can be done without ID... for example, the use of an affirmation.

Elections come around every 4 years. YOU CAN not tell me in 4 years people can not get out ONE TIME with a friend and get an ID and save the 15 dollars to get one in 4 years time.. not buying it

I won't tell you anything. I don't happen to be that old, and live in assisted living, and be required to dig up a birth certificate, which may require a certified affidavit, to go to some Motor Vehicle Agency, which public transportation might not service. To a good number of American citizens, who've voted for many decades, that's the hurdle you want them to jump through.

Do you think the intent of doing away with poll taxes supports your theory?

read my posts, dumbass. They can vote provisionally. I even gave specifics as to what is allowed as ID, what can be done without ID... for example, the use of an affirmation.

You lying little herpes scab. The PA law only allows them to vote provisionally, if they can produce the required documents within a few days after the ballot is cast.

Why do try to lie so often?

You lying little herpes scab. The PA law only allows them to vote provisionally, if they can produce the required documents within a few days after the ballot is cast.

Why do try to lie so often?

I even used big bold RED letters, and you still ignored it...

NO ONE legally entitled to vote will be denied the right to do so. If you do not have a photo ID, or are indigent and unable to obtain one without payment of a fee, you may cast a provisional ballot, and will have six days to provide your photo ID and/or an affirmation to your county elections office to have your ballot count.
If they do not have the required documentation after they cast the provisional ballot, the can provide an affirmation. Apparently you do not know what that is.

a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.

Looks like you're the liar, Dickless.

So they can come back in a few days and present the ID. Right. What if they don't have it and have to get it? Then they get to the DMV and now they find out they need their Birth Certificate. This is another drive to another place to PAY for the certificate to get the free ID. Now this is suddenly not so free is it? It is also creating more and more hoops for the poor old person to jump through in order to exercise their right to vote (as they have for the last few decades)

I have asked this and asked this and still have yet to receive a response.

How many voters are you willing to disenfranchise to stop one incident of "voter fraud"?

Forum List

Back