Meet the NRA's Board of Directors

The problem with the NRA is that it used to be a responsible organization that represented gun owners.

Then at some point, the Gun Industry supported the radicals, because that helped their business model.

Follow the money.

The reality is, gun ownership is declining in this country. Only 35% of homes have a gun in them compared to 50% in 1980.

The gun industry, knowing less people want guns, are focusing their attention on selling more guns to a smaller market.

Hence, the excessive push to loosen regulations.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now, THAT was funny...or, it would be if you weren't serious. The fact is that the NRA is made up of INDIVIDUALS, not gun manufacturers and while you see a "conspiracy", I see a group of businesses catering to their customers. I pity your paranoia.

It's not paranoia for Joey...it is mental illness. In other words: he's batshit.

The problem with the NRA is that it used to be a responsible organization that represented gun owners.

Then at some point, the Gun Industry supported the radicals, because that helped their business model.

Follow the money.

The reality is, gun ownership is declining in this country. Only 35% of homes have a gun in them compared to 50% in 1980.

The gun industry, knowing less people want guns, are focusing their attention on selling more guns to a smaller market.

Hence, the excessive push to loosen regulations.

HAHA

Now, THAT was funny...or, it would be if you weren't serious. The fact is that the NRA is made up of INDIVIDUALS, not gun manufacturers and while you see a "conspiracy", I see a group of businesses catering to their customers. I pity your paranoia.

Actually, the membership of the NRA has very little say in what the leadership supports. That's kind of the problem. Still, they remain members because, hey, there are benefits like access to ranges and stuff.

It doesn't stand in the way that the NRA has become the lobbying Arm of the Gun Manufacturers, which has put profit ahead of the public good.

Look, guy, if you are a responsible gun owner, how can you possibly argue for someone like Joker Holmes or Crazy Nancy Lanza buying military grade weapons?

But since the NRA was able to get civil immunity for the gun makers, they can be as irresponsible as they want in their marketting, and that's the point.

Yeah, once a person finds out that the NRA gets the vast majority of their money from gun manufacturers, it only stands to reason that it's THEIR interests, not the rank and file membership, that the NRA really represents as a lobbying organization.

Forum List

Back