Meet the NRA's Board of Directors

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Dave Gilson

The National Rifle Association claims to speak for more than 4 million gun owners. But the shots are really called by a hush-hush group of 76 directors. The majority are nominated via a top-down process and elected by a small fraction of NRA members. A breakdown of the current board, based on their official bios:

87 percent are men. 93 percent are white.
25 percent are current or former federal, state, or local lawmakers or officials.
22 percent are current or former law enforcement officers. 30 percent are current or former members of the military.
24 percent are lawyers.
12 percent are entertainers or athletes.
64 percent are hunters. 71 percent are sport or competitive shooters.
At least 71 percent were nominated, endorsed, or selected by the NRA's Nominating Committee.​

Some notable members of the NRA's current board of directors:

David Keene
The current NRA president is the former chairman of the American Conservative Union. In 2003, his son was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing at another driver during a road rage incident.

Tom Selleck
The Magnum, P.I. star, gun buff, and vocal gun-rights supporter was the top vote-getter in 2008's board election. (Fellow '80s TV heartthrob Erik Estrada sought a seat on the NRA board in 2011 but eventually withdrew his candidacy.)

Ted Nugent
At the NRA's 2012 annual conference, the Nuge announced, "If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," prompting a meeting with the Secret Service.

Oliver North
"I love speaking out for the NRA in large part because it drives the left a little bit nuts," says the Iran-Contra conspirator and Call of Duty pitchman.

Larry Craig
The former Idaho senator sponsored a 2005 law protecting gun makers from liability in connection with their products being used by criminals. The NRA spent $1.8 million on lobbying Congress that year.

Grover Norquist
The president of Americans for Tax Reform is a NRA Life Member and member of the Fifty Caliber Shooters Association. After Newtown, he echoed the NRA's line: "We have got to calm down and not take tragedies like this, crimes like this, and use them for political purposes."

More: Meet the NRA's Board of Directors | Mother Jones

I'm a little surprised that Clint Eastwood isn't one of the 76 board members.

you asses have become damn scary and I think we should all be worried

People better start taking precautions..

By Dave Gilson

The National Rifle Association claims to speak for more than 4 million gun owners. But the shots are really called by a hush-hush group of 76 directors. The majority are nominated via a top-down process and elected by a small fraction of NRA members. A breakdown of the current board, based on their official bios:

25 percent are current or former federal, state, or local lawmakers or officials.
22 percent are current or former law enforcement officers. 30 percent are current or former members of the military.
24 percent are lawyers.
At least 71 percent were nominated, endorsed, or selected by the NRA's Nominating Committee.​

David Keene
The current NRA president is the former chairman of the American Conservative Union. In 2003, his son was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing at another driver during a road rage incident.

Tom Selleck
The Magnum, P.I. star, gun buff, and vocal gun-rights supporter was the top vote-getter in 2008's board election. (Fellow '80s TV heartthrob Erik Estrada sought a seat on the NRA board in 2011 but eventually withdrew his candidacy.)

Ted Nugent
At the NRA's 2012 annual conference, the Nuge announced, "If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," prompting a meeting with the Secret Service.

Oliver North
"I love speaking out for the NRA in large part because it drives the left a little bit nuts," says the Iran-Contra conspirator and Call of Duty pitchman.

Larry Craig
The former Idaho senator sponsored a 2005 law protecting gun makers from liability in connection with their products being used by criminals. The NRA spent $1.8 million on lobbying Congress that year.

Grover Norquist
The president of Americans for Tax Reform is a NRA Life Member and member of the Fifty Caliber Shooters Association. After Newtown, he echoed the NRA's line: "We have got to calm down and not take tragedies like this, crimes like this, and use them for political purposes."

24 percent are lawyers.

It's good to know the vast majority of them know what the fuck they're talking about,, thanks for posting this. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

David Keene

Scary...

David Keene

Scary...

So his son doing something stupid with a gun automatically disqualifies him from being a board of director for the NRA?

by dave gilson

the national rifle association claims to speak for more than 4 million gun owners. But the shots are really called by a hush-hush group of 76 directors. The majority are nominated via a top-down process and elected by a small fraction of nra members. A breakdown of the current board, based on their official bios:

24 percent are lawyers.
At least 71 percent were nominated, endorsed, or selected by the nra's nominating committee.​

some notable members of the nra's current board of directors:

david keene
the current nra president is the former chairman of the american conservative union. in 2003, his son was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing at another driver during a road rage incident.

tom selleck
the magnum, p.i. Star, gun buff, and vocal gun-rights supporter was the top vote-getter in 2008's board election. (fellow '80s tv heartthrob erik estrada sought a seat on the nra board in 2011 but eventually withdrew his candidacy.)

ted nugent
at the nra's 2012 annual conference, the nuge announced, "if barack obama becomes the next president in november again, i will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," prompting a meeting with the secret service.

oliver north
"i love speaking out for the nra in large part because it drives the left a little bit nuts," says the iran-contra conspirator and call of duty pitchman.

larry craig
the former idaho senator sponsored a 2005 law protecting gun makers from liability in connection with their products being used by criminals. The nra spent $1.8 million on lobbying congress that year.

grover norquist
the president of americans for tax reform is a nra life member and member of the fifty caliber shooters association. After newtown, he echoed the nra's line: "we have got to calm down and not take tragedies like this, crimes like this, and use them for political purposes."

more: meet the nra's board of directors | mother jones

yawn!

By Dave Gilson

24 percent are lawyers.

David Keene

Tom Selleck

Ted Nugent

Oliver North

Larry Craig

Grover Norquist

Ted Nugent is on their board of directors? What lunatic would put THAT lunatic on a board of directors?

David Keene

Scary...

Yes, its scary that you think that's something to be concerned about and you can vote?

Forum List

Back