Meet The Depressed Is A Terrible Gig. Chuck Todd isn

Gregory was shameless in his love for the left. Todd can at least fake neutrality some days. Gregory's bring a gun to work segment was priceless. They probably planned his exit over lunch that day.

Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday goes right down the middle, and he still has credibility. You need credibility to be a reliable source of news. I don't think NBC has any credibility left. Neither does CNN. They're both toast. We're tired of being told how to think.

Chris Wallace still has that fucking worm Bill Krystol on all week.

That fucker shouldn't be listened to by anyone after he was wrong about everything, but man, he'll get on there every Sunday telling us who we need to go to war with next.

The way NBC treated David Gregory is a disgrace.

A $3 million buyout is a disgrace? They can disgrace me any time!

What was disgraceful?

It's not Gregory's fault that they lost viewers. It's the network's fault. The writers and the producers dictate the topics they discuss. David Gregory was a competent moderator, he just had two strikes against him from day-one.

It's TOTALLY Gregory's fault that they lost viewers. He was horrible. He basically gave all his guests on-air blowjobs. Never a hard question. Never a insightful follow-up. Never holding anyone's feet to the fire. Never confronting guests with their past comments that conflict with their current comments.

The guy was a disaster.

It's obvious to me that you are once again talking out of your ass. If you followed Twitter and ratings/TV sites like newser.com, you wouldn't be making such ignorant comments.

The reason NBC chose David Gregory in the first place is because he spoke up often during White House briefings during the Bush years.

False. They chose him because he had seniority, and there was no one else at the time to take the gig. Tom Brokaw didn't want it, Norah O'Donnell wasn't ready yet (and she subsequently split for CBS), and Andrea Mitchell is a horrible interviewer.

Who else were they going to plug into that spot? Luke?
4i6Ckte.gif

Your basic ignorance never ceases to amaze me, mud. Everything you think you know about politics and media is superficial.

Fuck you asshole.

Pl
Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday goes right down the middle, and he still has credibility. You need credibility to be a reliable source of news. I don't think NBC has any credibility left. Neither does CNN. They're both toast. We're tired of being told how to think.

Chris Wallace still has that fucking worm Bill Krystol on all week.

That fucker shouldn't be listened to by anyone after he was wrong about everything, but man, he'll get on there every Sunday telling us who we need to go to war with next.
Making stuff up again, huh?

David Gregory was pretty competent. Not really sure why they punted him. But neither Gregory or Todd can be construed as "liberal". Both are pretty conservative. Todd is probably a bit more of a libertarian.

Who's forcing you to watch?

And Chris Wallace is a wingnut. I guess you haven't seen his interview with Clinton.

I did.

That was a pretty good interview and about the "last" wingnut thing Wallace did.

I think Wallace has become a better interviewer since then.

Although I do agree. Tim Russert was great.
I think Tim Russert sucked. He gave the illusion of being tough but he was a total beltway insider who was never going to ask a difficult question that the interviewee didn't know was coming.

Like all the beltway reporters, he protected his access first and foremost, and never did anything to jeopardize that.

Now, as an political analyst, he was pretty good. As is Chuck Todd.

David Gregory was pretty competent. Not really sure why they punted him. But neither Gregory or Todd can be construed as "liberal". Both are pretty conservative. Todd is probably a bit more of a libertarian.
Duh! They punted because with Gregory the ratings for the longest running show in TV history went completely down the drain. Thus not surprising your inability to construe Greg's liberal bent. As for Todd, his MSNBC background screams liberalism. Time to have your hearing checked.

I think Tim Russert sucked. He gave the illusion of being tough but he was a total beltway insider who was never going to ask a difficult question that the interviewee didn't know was coming.

Like all the beltway reporters, he protected his access first and foremost, and never did anything to jeopardize that.

I don't know what you think makes someone good/great/sucky.

Part of the gig is access. If you blow that? You can write for blogs.

Duh! They punted because with Gregory the ratings for the longest running show in TV history went completely down the drain. Thus not surprising your inability to construe Greg's liberal bent. As for Todd, his MSNBC background screams liberalism. Time to have your hearing checked.

Because if you aren't dressed in camo, sporting an assault weapon and pitching conspiracy theories?

You must be a liberal.

:lol:

Honestly, I don't think it will be up to Chuck Todd, and there lies the rub.

Perhaps it helps to analyze this situation in military terms. The SEALS are the tip of the spear and the outcome of an event usually results from US policy, not just the tip of the spear.

Todd is the tip of the spear. If all of the producers, if the entire news division is a liberal hothouse, then no matter what Todd does or doesn't do, the rampant bias shines through. Changing hosts doesn't solve the problem, the problem lies with the culture at NBC News and the staffing.

One need only look to their minor league farm team MSNBC that year in and year out leaves tens of millions or more in ad revenue dollars on the table due to their extreme fluffing of dimocrat ideology. And Todd's hands are callosed from years of it.

I don't know what you think makes someone good/great/sucky.

Part of the gig is access. If you blow that? You can write for blogs.
Whether they ask the questions that the viewers want asked, and whether they are willing to hold politicians' feet to the fire. As you say, it's as simple as that.

For the past 30 years it's been Meet Tim Russert, Meet David Gregory, and now Meet Chuck Todd. They should go back to random panels of 3 journalists from different media markets around the country. They used to, in their early days.

Forum List

Back