Meet Europes first female suicide bomber

Bomber’s severed head ‘flew out of the window’ during Saint-Denis raid...

Saint-Denis Paris attacks raid: Head of France’s elite anti-terrorist force says he saw bomber's severed head 'fly out the window' during intense battle
19 Nov.`15 | Jean-Michel Fauvergue spoke after the shootout that led to the death of the suspected mastermind of the Paris attacks
The head of France’s elite anti-terrorist force Raid has spoken of a battle against terrorists in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis that was so bloody that at one point his officers saw a suicide bomber’s head “fly through the window and land on the other side of the street”. Jean-Michel Fauvergue spoke after the shootout that led to the death of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind of the Paris attacks.

Mr Fauvergue, 56, described how a dawn raid on a building in the Rue du Corbillon turned into a battle involving the use of grenades by both sides, the firing of 5,000 bullets, and a female suicide bomber detonating her explosives belt. The police chief told Le Parisien newspaper that officers’ initial attempts to blow open the reinforced door with explosives failed, forfeiting any element of surprise. “We came under fierce fire, and were up against real professionals,” he said. “They took turns to fire in bursts or single shots, so there was no break in their shooting. They were hyper-motivated.”

11-Saint-Denis-EPA.jpg

French police outside the Rue du Corbillon building in Saint-Denis​

As the firing continued, he said, “We suddenly saw grenades thrown at our feet, which wounded several of our officers in the arms and legs. We replied using the same means. The shooting calmed down a bit. We sent in a dog [called Diesel] to explore the place. It was killed, but without doubt it saved the lives of the officers who were getting ready to enter.” At one point a long burst of gunfire was followed by a loud explosion. “That’s when we saw a human body, a woman’s head, fly through the window and land on the pavement, on the other side of the street,” he said. “A suicide bomber had just blown themselves up, with such force that a supporting wall moved.” The suicide bomber was Abaaoud’s cousin, Hasna Aitboulahcen, and according to reports part of her spine landed on a police car.

Mr Fauvergue said that his officers remained unclear as to how many opponents they faced. “Our snipers hit one terrorist, but the firing continued. Either he was fighting for his life or a third man was inside, so officers saturated the place with grenades.” When the shootout ended, said Mr Fauvergue, floors had collapsed and reduced parts of the building to rubble. “Despite meticulous searches, we couldn’t establish whether there were two dead terrorists or three,” he said. Identification of Abaaoud required matching traces of skin to fingerprints taken by Belgian police.

Bomber’s severed head ‘flew out of the window’ during Saint-Denis raid

See also:

Officer who led Saint-Denis raid describes moment female terrorist blew herself up
19 Nov.`15 - An exchange of fire lasted between 30-45 minutes, where 'hundreds of shots were exchanged'
An anti-terror chief has given a graphic and detailed account of the raid that killed the "mastermind" behind the deadly attacks on Paris - and the moment a female terrorist blew herself up. Jean-Michel Fauvergue, 56, director of France's anti-terrorist unit Raid (Recherce Assistance Intervention Dissuasion), said officers were told there were three people inside the building in the city's commune of Saint-Denis, two men and one woman. His account came as it emerged the man thought to have planned Friday's attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, died in the raid on Wednesday. "Intelligence sources knew it was likely Abdelhamid Abaaoud would be there,” he told Le Figaro.

He said officers blasted the door open using explosives but were blocked by a shield that had been placed behind it. An exchange of fire lasted between 30-45 minutes, where "hundreds of shots were exchanged" and the terrorists launched grenades. Mr Fauvergue said the team then sent Diesel, a police dog, into the apartment to do a reconnaissance of the area, but the animal was killed. One of the snipers hit a terrorist who continued to fire using a Kalashnikov. The woman, who has been named as Hasna Aitboulahcen, sent "a long burst of gunfire" at officers before blowing herself up.

A recording, believed to be of an exchange between Aitboulahcen and police in the moments before she detonated the explosives, was filmed by a terrified resident. "Windows along the street shattered. A body part, a part of the spine, fell on one of our cars," Mr Fauvergue said. He said Aitboulahce blew herself up inside the apartment in the hope the building would collapse and kill the raid team. "It’s nerve-wracking for the men but also for the people in charge of the assaults," he explained. "You're asking these guys to make contact with individuals who are ready to kill themselves."

Officer describes how 'piece of spine' fell on police cars during St-Denis terror raid

Related:

Hasna Aitboulahcen: Tracking the final moments of Europe's first female suicide bomber
19 Nov.`15 - Europe’s first woman suicide bomber may yet provide further clues which could lead to the capture or killing of more of her jihadist comrades
It was an inglorious end for Europe’s first woman suicide bomber. She failed to hurt any of her enemies, instead killing just herself and injuring her cousin, Abdelhamid Abaaoud. And it was through intercepting her telephone calls that the security agencies were able to track the Isis commander and six other terror suspects to their last hiding place. The last moments of Hasna Ait Boulahcen were truly terrible. “Help me, help me, I am on fire,” she screamed before the explosion. Her body parts were strewn across the road.

It was, according to her brother, Youssouf Ait Boulahcen, an end to a deeply troubled life. Boulahcen was not motivated in what she did by Islam; in reality she had no interest in religion, he said. “She was living in her own world. I never saw her open the Koran. She was permanently on her phone, looking at Facebook or WhatsApp. I told her to stop all this, but she would not listen. She ignored my numerous attempts to give her advice. She told me I was not her dad, or her husband.” Youssouf, however, acknowledged that he had not spoken to his sister for five years. It remains unclear at what point in her life she decided to follow extremist Islam. She had grown up liking Western music and she drank, smoked and went to parties. She wore normal clothes, showing a preference for jeans and Stetsons; the latter would be replaced by a hijab.

It is not unusual for Muslims with modern lifestyles to turn towards the most austere and unbending form of their religion: Syria, Iraq and Somalia have a sizeable contingent of these people. Boulahcen, however, was also apparently into drugs, deep enough to bring her to the attention of the police on a number of occasions. It was the fact that she was already on their radar that helped the authorities when the investigation into her switched from narcotics to homicide. Boulahcen had kept in touch with Abaaoud, related through her maternal side, for years. This continued after last Friday’s massacre in Paris, and until the end. According to security sources, it was Boulahcen who helped to find the flat at No 8 Rue du Corbillon, which was to be the group’s last refuge, through her phone calls.

MORE

Last edited:
Well...if she was firing shots with her two pals before blowing herself up....she was in it all the way. Fuck her.

And why send the dog in if they are still in there firing away? I will mourn for the dog instead of the idiot bitch.

As she it says screamed "help me!"....I'm wondering did the terrorists holed up in the apartment with her strap those explosives on her against her wishes.
That has bugged me too.

Yes because it's not the obvious thing someone says that's by choice about to blow themselves up is it?

Screaming "help me"....asking the police to help her. I think the POS strapped those explosives on her myself.

The thought is, she was screaming "help me" in order to draw the police in closer to her so she could take them out as she detonated her explosives.

So now it's looking like maybe she wasn't a suicide bomber, and her pleas for help may have been for real.

Woman who died in Paris raid likely not wearing suicide belt: source

PARIS (Reuters) - Investigators sorting through body parts from a flat raided by French police on Wednesday now believe Hasna Aitboulahcen, the woman who died there, was not the one wearing a suicide belt, a source close to the investigation said.

Headlines flashed around the world this week that Aitboulahcen had become Europe's first woman suicide bomber, after officials said they believed she had blown herself up at the scene of the raid in a northern Paris suburb.

Two other people died at the flat in St. Denis on the city's outskirts after Aitboulahcen, believed to be the cousin of suspected Paris Nov. 13 attacks mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud, took him there on Tuesday evening.

One of the dead has been confirmed as Islamist militant Abaaoud. The other has yet to be identified.

Police had been hunting Abaaoud since the killing of 130 people in Paris on Nov. 13, which was claimed by Islamic State, and which they believe he orchestrated.

"The initial findings from the special police indicated that it (the suicide belt wearer) was her," said the source. "But the skull we found on the pavement was not hers."

The fighting at the flat was so intense that not only were the police unable initially to identify the bodies, it took more than a day for investigators to establish that there had been three people and not two.

Woman who died in Paris raid likely not wearing suicide belt: source

Last edited:

Forum List

Back