Meep

I am not making this up to get a laugh, this made me laugh because I have this joke with my four year old son, when it gets really quiet I will yell out "you just said meep, I heard you!" And then he will laugh and deny it. Or when it is really quiet he will go "meep".

Meep is a word of love.

Last edited:
The useage sounds a bit like the word "lah" in some Asian, primarily Chinese I think, communities.

a slang used mainly by people of South-East Asia (Malaysia and Singapore mainly) to complement almost any sentence available in a social conversation. the origins of this slang is basically from the chinese language, yet it is now used by almost anyone in the two countries mentioned above who aren't too shy to let their asian roots shine with pride. people who don't use the -lah slang is considered a snob to a certain degree.

More at UD - Urban Dictionary: lah

But you know what's under this? Control. They want to bring in the police for the use of an admittedly meaningless word? Pardon me? This is all about the school authorities perceiving the use of the word as being subversive. School controls kids, it just doesn't teach them. They must comply with what the school dishes out of them and the word "meep" is not known to the school authorities so it has been declared an outlaw word.

Well meep meep to the school authorities. Crypto-fascists. You are educators, not indoctrinators.

When my son was little he called the cat a 'moop' and it was both a noun and a verb.

The cat mooped across the floor.

The moop is crazy.

Kids. :lol:

file photo of High School principal Thomas Murray:

wil-e-coyote-f12-1.gif

The strange thing is my highschool had no "language code" at all, we didn't get into trouble for saying anything as long as we said it with a respectful tone when talking to the teacher (about the teacher they didn't care) ... yet "swearing" and "foul" language was still extremely rare.

The strange thing is my highschool had no "language code" at all, we didn't get into trouble for saying anything as long as we said it with a respectful tone when talking to the teacher (about the teacher they didn't care) ... yet "swearing" and "foul" language was still extremely rare.

We cussed like drunken lumber jacks back when I was in school... just not in ear shot of an adult.

Not so anymore. I drove school bus for a brief while, and you should have heard the language I heard on there. It all different nowadays. Kids today have very little respect for anything, including authority and their elders.

Forum List

Back