Medvedev in Turkey

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Some facts in the beginning:

- Russia is Turkey's No.1 trade partner
- Turkey is Russia's No.4 trade partner (behind Germany, Italy, Netherlands)

Medvedev is in Turkey, and investment agreements worth 25 Billion $ were signed:
- 20 Billion $ for nuclear power plant in Mersin-Akkuyu
- 3 Billion $ construction of Samsun-Ceyhan oil pipeline
- Oil refinery in Ceyhan

Investment in joint Russian-Turkish projects to top $25 bln | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

What makes me personally happy is, that Russia and Turkey abolished Visa requirements. That will boost inter-cultural exchange.
About 2 Million Russians visit Turkey every year, in last 10 years Turks have married 200 Thousand Russian women:
Russian girls abandon their nation in need - Pravda.Ru

The Dollar was scrapped in 2009 in bilateral trade.
Russia now proposes to set-up a joint Russian-Turkish State Bank for boosting commercial activities:
Russia offers joint bank with Turkey - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Mr. Medvedev saying in Ankara:
"This agreement opens a new page in our cooperation...
Our talks today showed that Turkey and Russia are strategic partners not only in words but in deeds"
AFP: Russia to build Turkey's first nuclear power plant

Mr. Erdogan saying:
"Turkey and Russia aim to ramp up trade volume to 100 billion dollars over the next five years."
AFP: Russia to build Turkey's first nuclear power plant

Be very careful when dealing with Russia

As for Russia, they regard Turkey as something best served with yams, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.

As for Russia, they regard Turkey as something best served with yams, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.

Meaning of Turkey =
Land of the Strong
Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hugh Pope from International Crisis Group has written book on Turks:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sons-Conquerors-Rise-Turkic-World/dp/1585676411]Amazon.com: Sons of the Conquerors (9781585676415): Hugh Pope: Books[/ame]

Financial Times reviews the book:
As the title suggests, the Turks were never conquered.

Financial Times (Sept. 3, 2005)
http://www.sonsoftheconquerors.com/17905.html

Last edited:
Russia just cut off the US mideast domination strategy at the ankles. They now have a strategic agreement with Turkey, Syria, and Iran.

Right now the Russians have the US in "check". The door to US geostrategic control of central asia has just been slammed shut, unless something VERY dramatic were to take place.

If you take a look at a map, Iran was the last major obstacle in the way of complete US domination of the crossroads between Asia, Europe, and Africa, with 70% of the worlds known gas and oil under their feet. Now that the new triangle has formed with Russia backing Iran and Syria, and Turkey leaning east away from the US and Europe, the progress made over the last 10 years is all but lost.

Unless, as I've already stated, something were to happen to "justify" an all-out assault by US or US-supported players in the region.

I guess it's no wonder that we're pushing for additional sanctions against Iran even when they're cooperating with the NNPT, the UN, and with other nations to offload their enriched uranium. Russia has just outplayed us in the region and something big needs to happen if we want to regain the lost ground.

Russia, Turkey becoming strategic partners - Medvedev
(...)
"First of all, we can say with conviction that Russian-Turkish ties are reaching the level of full-scale strategic partnership," the Russian leader said
(...)
'RIA Novosti' Agency | Russia, Turkey becoming strategic partners - Medvedev | Top Russian news and analysis online

That's the same Russia that fire-bombed Chechnya, slaughtering 20,000 Chechens in the process?

Seems Turkey, responsible for the slaughter of 1 million Armenians, and Russia are "partners" in crime.
Turkey is going down.
:clap2:

Russia just cut off the US mideast domination strategy at the ankles. They now have a strategic agreement with Turkey, Syria, and Iran.

Right now the Russians have the US in "check". The door to US geostrategic control of central asia has just been slammed shut, unless something VERY dramatic were to take place.

And, Russia is guilty of war crimes and one of the biggest violators of human rights in the world, whicih doesn't say much for your moral compass.

Russia, Turkey becoming strategic partners - Medvedev
(...)
"First of all, we can say with conviction that Russian-Turkish ties are reaching the level of full-scale strategic partnership," the Russian leader said
(...)
'RIA Novosti' Agency | Russia, Turkey becoming strategic partners - Medvedev | Top Russian news and analysis online

That's the same Russia that fire-bombed Chechnya, slaughtering 20,000 Chechens in the process?

Seems Turkey, responsible for the slaughter of 1 million Armenians, and Russia are "partners" in crime.
Turkey is going down.

Yes - the same Russia. And the same Turkey.

Also the same Russia whom Kissinger has recently been courting at the Kremlin, and whose previous KGB leader and President has spent alone time with our most recent past President to "talk Turkey" in private.

My read on this is that we're seeing a redrawing of the lines by the finance globalists. No doubt, at some point or other. it will be our tax dollars and our children who are drawn into the fire that will be lit in order to force the next order into place.

And, Russia is guilty of war crimes and one of the biggest violators of human rights in the world, whicih doesn't say much for your moral compass.

Excuse me, but nowhere did I offer support for any activities conducted by the Russians. Shooting the messenger will do nothing to change the circumstances. I promise.

Excuse me, but nowhere did I offer support for any activities conducted by the Russians. Shooting the messenger will do nothing to change the circumstances. I promise.

You did. And, you still do.

You did. And, you still do.

If you mistake my antagonism of US policy for support for Russian policy, that is your choice.

In the real world, there are more than two perspectives.

Forum List

Back