Meditation Changes Brain in 8 weeks

I just heard on the radio that staring into the eyes of a cat or dog for 2 min a day will do the same thing but faster. :dunno:

• Banned

I see you are still clinging to your junk science as a justification for your faith.

I don't need to justify being a Buddhist. I could write volumes about why I became a Buddhist.

Did you read the article? What do you object to in particular about it?

This isn't the only study being done on the effects of meditation.

I see you are still clinging to your junk science as a justification for your faith.

I don't need to justify being a Buddhist. I could write volumes about why I became a Buddhist.

I object to the study and the way it was conducted. The "researcher" is a person that is predisposed to find the results she obtained, and she found exactly what she wanted to find. It is no different than the doctor that linked autism to vaccinations in that regard. Did she control the study to make sure the only change the people she studies was to start meditation? Can she prove that meditation is the direct cause of the changes? Did she study the fact that prayer produce the exact same brain changes? Can she show that the changes are not the result of something else?

What problem do I not have with the article?

I object to the study and the way it was conducted. The "researcher" is a person that is predisposed to find the results she obtained, and she found exactly what she wanted to find. It is no different than the doctor that linked autism to vaccinations in that regard. Did she control the study to make sure the only change the people she studies was to start meditation? Can she prove that meditation is the direct cause of the changes? Did she study the fact that prayer produce the exact same brain changes? Can she show that the changes are not the result of something else?

OK. What about this one?
Meditation Can Improve Concentration, Studies Say - TIME

OK. What about this one?

Did you even notice that the article sites the exact same study I think is flawed?

OK. What about this one?

Did you even notice that the article sites the exact same study?
:lol:

I just heard on the radio that staring into the eyes of a cat or dog for 2 min a day will do the same thing but faster. :dunno:

Depending on the dog it could get you bit.
Many cats and dogs do not like for you to stare them in the eyes.

I know, it shows that you are the alpha 'dog/cat'.

However, I think they were meaning a 'loving' pet. My cat doesn't mind making eye contact, she does it all the time.

I think meditation is like prayer.. It's really opened up my eyes to my divine self within. It's so amazing what it does for someone who's trying to figure out who they are and allows you to really listen to your inner self, and just be. Things start to become much more clear. It's beautiful. Right on ;0)

Forum List

Back