Medieval 2: Total War

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I just picked up the demo at EBGames while reserving a copy of Neverwinter Nights 2, and it's AWESOME. The game stretches 500 years. From what I gathered, from about 1000-1500 A.D., as the end-game features black powder weapons. In the demo was the battlefield tutorial, which featured the battle between the Normans and the Saxons on the road to London in 1066. It also featured one pre-set battle, the Battle of Pavia, where the Holy Roman Empire and their Spanish allies killed the king of France in at territorial war over Italy. The third major feature was the full-blown trailer, where it shows features such as:

Electing the Pope
Launching Crusades
Discovering the New World (and fighting the Aztecs, a playable faction)
and much, much more.

This game is going to ROCK!

Crusades? Now you're talking.

I'm going to buy this, supposedly it's better than its predecessor, which I played for literally days.

The 17th of this month is what EB tells me is the release date. In the meantime, I'm going to pick up "Tour of Duty 3" for the xbox360, tomorrow, I hope.

Crusades? Now you're talking.

I'm going to buy this, supposedly it's better than its predecessor, which I played for literally days.

The 17th of this month is what EB tells me is the release date. In the meantime, I'm going to pick up "Tour of Duty 3" for the xbox360, tomorrow, I hope.

I beat Rome with about 8 different factions, and 5 more in Barbarian Invasion (didn't get Alexander, as it was crap). I beat all the one shot battles. I played the game to death. It's time to move on...to the next Total War.

I beat Rome with about 8 different factions, and 5 more in Barbarian Invasion (didn't get Alexander, as it was crap). I beat all the one shot battles. I played the game to death. It's time to move on...to the next Total War.

I never did beat it on the hardest difficulty, I liked Barbarian Invasion, Alexander was just plain boring.

November is a very good month for video games, now this:

Mr.Conlely said:
11 days until The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess comes out. I'm having my parents overnight a Wii and a copy of Zelda. Can't wait.

have to buy it for sentimental reasons, in the first Zelda game, I did the "secret" game that became available after you beat the other one, and thought I was so cool.

I am still waiting.

Wow, I've been playing this all day. So good.

Like NWN 2, it's so good that I don't have time for a review. I'm playing the Holy Roman Empire. So far, I'm beset on all sides by Denmark (broke the alliance I made by marrying off my princess...dumb SOB's), Venice, and Milan, though Venice and Milan have both been excommunicated for violating peace treaties against Catholic nations, and my alliances with the Byzantines and France are paying off. I'm also in good with the Pope because my army of Crusaders took Antioch. This more than made up for when one of my generals was burned at the stake for heresy.

Forum List

Back