Medicare

That's a lot of replies.

Still, no answer.

Well, from my perspective, although I am not a Republican, I am conservative and am opposed to the health care bills floating through Congress; all your questions came through after 2am. I was sawing logs.

Why haven't the Republicans tried to repeal Medicare before? Its not in the Constitution, so certainly they didn't just wake up yesterday and realize this. They have always been against it, right? Wouldn't it be unpatriotic of them to want to take our country away from us with government run medicine for seniors?

Or does the Constitution only prohibit the government from providing the middle aged and middle class with health care? If so, where does it say this?

Personally, I think the claim that health care reform is not supported by the Constitution is a poor argument. That argument can be made about most current laws. Unless the law is in direct contradiction to provisions of the Constitution such as a violation of free speech rights then the Constitution need not specifically address the issue.

Medicare and Medicaid are welfare programs. Whether or not these laws are addressed in the Constitution is immaterial. They do not directly contradict the Constitution and neither does Health Care Reform.

That does not mean that these bills entitled "Health Care Reform" are good for America. We definitely need to reform health care, but how that is done is still open for discussion.

Immie

Last edited:
True...but a if you have 2 programs running billions of dollars in the red and place them into one huge program you still have a net loss. What I'm driving at is we are going to see significant tax hikes across the income spectrum.
...and ultimately: FAILURE! The only solution that will work is a free market solution. The small part that the free market is involved in the Part-D prescription drug benefit - twenty five percent - has made that plan come in below CBO cost estimates. And our friends the liberals don't like it, indeed hate it, maily because the drug companies and the insurance companies are getting paid for and making a profit for producing products that in their world "should be free"

Except that the plan hasn't come in below estimates. The estimates were revised upward at one point, but the plan is costing almost exactly what the original estimates said it would.

That is still better than any other government "projections".

Immie

Unless the law is in direct contradiction to provisions of the Constitution such as a violation of free speech rights then the Constitution need not specifically address the issue.

You mean provisions like the Tenth Amendment?

Again, if you believe that it violates the 10th Amendment then you have the right to attempt to make that case. Many have tried, such as in regards to public education and have failed. I suspect this will as well.

Immie

Unless the law is in direct contradiction to provisions of the Constitution such as a violation of free speech rights then the Constitution need not specifically address the issue.

Again, if you believe that it violates the 10th Amendment then you have the right to attempt to make that case. Many have tried, such as in regards to public education and have failed. I suspect this will as well.

Immie
Proving that the Constitution is a dead document.

Immie
Proving that the Constitution is a dead document.

How so?

I disagree. But, maybe you can argue that it proves that the 10th Amendment (not part of the original Constituion) is invalid. But the entire Constitution?

The answer that argument would be up to the Supreme Court to answer.

Immie

Medicare, although a government run healthcare scheme, is a necessary program. It was designed for the infirmed, extremely poor and senior citizens.

The question we should be asking is this!!!
WHY CAN'T OBAMA CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE HIS COMMITMENT TO RIDDING THE PROGRAM OF IT'S ALLEGED 500 BILLION DOLLARS IN FRAUD INSTEAD OF STARTING ANOTHER GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM THAT WILL MULTIPLY THAT FRAUD 10 FOLD?

More like a thousand fold.:lol:

another question to ask, is why does the private sector commit the FRAUD, and steal from all of us, in the first place? Hopefully it is just a few bad apples, but doubtful if it is in the billions of theft???

and yes, i agree, the fraud part of the savings should not be held off??? what the heck? we need to stop these thieves now!!!! whether a bill passes or not!

is it possible that this is already being done....? i hope i hope i hope! ;)

Forum List

Back