Medicare, Social Security Fix Not Easy

Clearly the fix for dealing with the aged and invalids is to put the old and infirmed onto ice flows and let them drift out to sea.

And we'd better get to it soon because I'm informed that all the ice is melting.

:clap2:Leave it to a Democrat to take away the last hope of a death with dignity. (Still can't believe he got a Nobel prize for that.)

Clearly the fix for dealing with the aged and invalids is to put the old and infirmed onto ice flows and let them drift out to sea.

And we'd better get to it soon because I'm informed that all the ice is melting.

Actually the poverty rate among the aged is less than it is in the general population.

Yes, thanks to social security, it is.

But I wasn't suggesting that we only send off the poor aged. Send off the rich ones, too.

Their scions will appreciate not having to wait so long for their inheritances.

We owe it to the children to snuff their grandparents ASAP.

What happened to the bleeding heart liberal?

That's 'cuz we old farts worked our ass off, lived within our means, and made it a point to save for that rainy day called "retirement".

Yeah like this 'old fart'...
Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Payroll taxes were first collected in 1937, also the year in which the first benefits were paid, namely the lump-sum death benefit paid to 53,236 beneficiaries.[citation needed]

The first reported Social Security payment was to Ernest Ackerman, who retired only one day after Social Security began. Five cents were withheld from his pay during that period, and he received a lump-sum payout of seventeen cents from Social Security.[22]

The first monthly payment was issued on January 31, 1940 to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. In 1937, 1938 and 1939 she paid a total of $24.75 into the Social Security System. Her first check was for $22.54. After her second check, Fuller already had received more than she contributed over the three-year period. She lived to be 100 and collected a total of $22,888.92.[
23]

I wonder why Social Security is going bankrupt, I just can't figure it out?:confused:

the ss fix is simple

just remove the cap ($106,800) on taxable income

each $1,000,000 in income will generate $124,000 in social security revenue which would otherwise not been paid
that person earning $10 million should not benefit from the $1,226,757 which would otherwise be due without an income ceiling

the low income individuals pay from their first dollar. there is no reason to exempt high earners from paying on their complete incomes ... especially recognizing that they enjoy the greatest ss payments upon retirement

medicare's fix is not so simple. it is incumbent on the nation moving to a universal healthcare system, to fold in veterans care, medicare and medicaid to make it solvent - hopefully a single payer system will evolve

As usual, the wealthy don't pay their share. And they'll raise hell if they are asked to pay the same rate as the poor.

The only way I could support this is if there was one flat tax rate for all. The wealthy already pay the highest rates, and now you want to add another 12.5% to their rate? That is the net result when combining employer contribution. In addition to that, you would effectively reduce their salaries as employers would reduce their salaries by the amount of their share of the tax.

By doing this, big income earners would pay combined total taxes of around 60%. I'm not one of those large income earners, but even I think that is more than makes sense.
I always wonder why average income earning republicans defend the rich. Is it hope that they will someday be rich?

As usual, the wealthy don't pay their share. And they'll raise hell if they are asked to pay the same rate as the poor.

The only way I could support this is if there was one flat tax rate for all. The wealthy already pay the highest rates, and now you want to add another 12.5% to their rate? That is the net result when combining employer contribution. In addition to that, you would effectively reduce their salaries as employers would reduce their salaries by the amount of their share of the tax.

By doing this, big income earners would pay combined total taxes of around 60%. I'm not one of those large income earners, but even I think that is more than makes sense.
I always wonder why average income earning republicans defend the rich. Is it hope that they will someday be rich?

It's called class warfare, today left extremist pillage the rich. In a few years they will pillage the middle class with higher taxes.

Its kind of like WWII, oh well Hitler only invaded Poland....

Forum List

Back