Medicare Advantage Enrollees Face $515 Benefit Cut

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
ObamaCare imposes major cuts on the popular Medicare Advantage program, and while the Obama administration has largely delayed them until after the election, enrollees will lose an average $515 in benefits in 2013, according to an IBD analysis.

Some 14.4 million people are expected to enroll in Medicare Advantage in 2013, up from 13.1 million this year, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) said Wednesday. Advantage plans are run by private firms, providing more benefits at a somewhat higher cost - usually 13% to 17% - to the government than traditional Medicare

ObamaCare imposes major cuts on the popular Medicare Advantage program, and while the Obama administration has largely delayed them until after the election, enrollees will lose an average $515 in benefits in 2013, according to an IBD analysis.

Some 14.4 million people are expected to enroll in Medicare Advantage in 2013, up from 13.1 million this year, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) said Wednesday. Advantage plans are run by private firms, providing more benefits at a somewhat higher cost - usually 13% to 17% - to the government than traditional Medicare

Invested Bigots Daily, the FOX of economic media. :rofl::lmao:

It will be more then that for ME!
I'll have $96.40 deducted monthly from my SS to whereas now Zero deduction!
I'll have to pay some kind of co-pay whereas NOW ZERO co-pay.
I'll not get the $50/month if FREE OTC like aspirin, toothpaste etc. under Obamacare!

I figure close to $2,000 MORE for my by destroying my Advantage Plan!

AND these idiots complain that Advantage plans MAKE A Profit! OH>>> BAD WORD!
YET these idiots FAIL to realize that:
A) Medicare has NO administration costs for processing claims!
B) Zero if any fraud because Medicare simply writes a check once a month to the ADVANTAGE plan and THEY administer!

But because they made a profit and Obama et.al. HATE profits.. it will go!

End Medicare Advantage! It's nothing but a gimmick for insurance companies. Medicare should be the same for everyone nationwide.

The privatized protion of medicare Part C I think known as Medicare Advantage costs more.
I thought that the right was for cost cutting not more taxpayer burdens.

Yeah you might get more benefits for more taxpayer cost if you go to the approved hospitals?

It will be more then that for ME!
I'll have $96.40 deducted monthly from my SS to whereas now Zero deduction!
I'll have to pay some kind of co-pay whereas NOW ZERO co-pay.
I'll not get the $50/month if FREE OTC like aspirin, toothpaste etc. under Obamacare!

I figure close to $2,000 MORE for my by destroying my Advantage Plan!

AND these idiots complain that Advantage plans MAKE A Profit! OH>>> BAD WORD!
YET these idiots FAIL to realize that:
A) Medicare has NO administration costs for processing claims!
B) Zero if any fraud because Medicare simply writes a check once a month to the ADVANTAGE plan and THEY administer!

But because they made a profit and Obama et.al. HATE profits.. it will go!

But it cost more taxpayer dollars, why should you get more taxpayer dollars than a standard medicare recipient?

Ohh I see cuts are good unless they impact you.

"Voters in three critical swing states broadly oppose the far-reaching changes to Medicare *associated with the Republican presidential ticket and, by big margins, prefer President Obama to handle the issue, according to new state polls by The Washington Post and the Kaiser Family Foundation.

For seniors in Florida, Ohio and Virginia, Medicare rivals the economy as a top voting issue. And by majorities topping 70 percent, seniors say they prefer to keep Medicare as a program with guaranteed benefits, rather than moving to a system in which the government gives recipients fixed payments to buy coverage from private insurers or traditional Medicare, as Romney advocates."

:lol: . :lol: . :lol: . :lol: . :lol: . :lol: . :lol: . :lol:

Forum List

Back