Medicale MJ helping Co budget

topspin

Rookie
Apr 29, 2010
Medical Marijuana Helping Budget Deficit, Colorado Gov. Says
DENVER — Gov. Bill Ritter is using $9 million from medical marijuana registrations to help the state meet a $60 million fiscal emergency.

The state anticipates ending the year with 150,000 applicants for medical marijuana cards, up from 41,000 in 2009. A marijuana card costs $90 per year.

Backers of medical marijuana legislation in a number of states and cities have touted revenue from possible taxes and other fees as a selling point at a time of tight fiscal funding.:clap2:

They need to abandon the medical marijuana non sense and just legalize, I always found it hypocritical to have beer,whiskey and wine in grocery stores where families shop but a smoker can't legally get MJ.

• Banned
millions for just the cards, if they tax the cannabis it would be billions.

I was in Durango several years ago and my brakes got hot coming down a mountain and I was stranded, several old people and others passed me by but a young man stopped and gave me a ride into town, his car smelled like a skunk;he had been smoking so much out of his bong:lol: , he offered some to me but I told him I had quit smoking but was cool with it, not the wicked weed that so many portray it as.

They need to abandon the medical marijuana non sense and just legalize, I always found it hypocritical to have beer,whiskey and wine in grocery stores where families shop but a smoker can't legally get MJ.

I agree with you 100%, although I have never myself smoked MJ or tobaccy.

Because of my asthma, I would still advocate no public use.

I'm actually surprised they haven't legalized it already. Great way to dumb down the population... makes the herd even easier to control.

I'm actually surprised they haven't legalized it already. Great way to dumb down the population... makes the herd even easier to control.

Good theory.

Totally wrong, but it sounds good, I suppose, to the totally clueless..

Ask the ghost of Nixon why he choose to make marijuana a class A drug.

He'd tell you that it was because all the PROTESTORS calling for his outster were potheads.

Last edited:
  • Banned
funny how it's mostly far right wingnuts against legalization. No issues with freedom, nice to be a GED redneck

Forum List

Back