Medical Research/Cures

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
We interrupt all the b.s. about 9/11 conspiracies to bring you a conspriacy theory more plausible - one that should make you open your window and shout "I'm pissed off, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Geez. Listen to what you just said. We can have an opinion about stuff but do you really think a lay person such as us can do a bit of research and come to a factual conclusion about such a matter that MEGA billions of dollars and a century + of research and treatment has failed to find?

The key words here are "a century + of research." No one has found a cause or cure in more than a century of research. I'm not allowed to do some research on my own or fund research I believe might have answers because I'm merely a lay person?

Wow.

Now as I said they are making inroads to TREATMENT of cancer but there is no cure. They are getting better at treating it once it develops. imo

The only thing researchers can come up with are more toxic chemicals and that's better once it develops? What about stopping it before it develops? There's a vaccine for HPV. What about a vaccine for cancer? Well gosh. In order to do that they have to find out why it starts in the first place? A screw up in the control proteins isn't BIG enough for you or the researchers? Wow.

I agree it's big business and they aren't going to let it go easily but this genetics progress is coming rather quickly with the ability to actually grow organs and the like. I don't know that they will be able to justify keeping the marathon money drives for research going too much longer.

Some people NEED drugs but do they need 5+ drugs to treat the same ailment? To the tune of like $300 + a month to keep themselves symptom free? Mind you this is a control thing. The drug fixes nothing. It merely controls conditions...for the rest of their lives and not without side effects...imo

Tell ya something. You watch people you love die of cancer like your brother and sister, or your 13-year-old cousin die of Ewings Sarcoma, or your 35-year-old cousin die of Hodgkin's (a very curable cancer, by the way, but not for him), or another cousin die of another type of bone cancer that was at Stage 4 before it was discovered. Better yet, donate some of your precious time to a hospice and watch a lot of people die of cancer. It's important for you to make sure they all had two plus years of chemicals going into their bodies and they're still dying the most horrible, evil death known to mankind.

I bet you would find the closest medical school library and start searching for answers.

A waste of money, that bet.

Haven't you ever asked yourself why, after a century, YOU are still searching for the answers? Don't you ever feel as if this is a grand conspiracy by the health care industry (yes, INDUSTRY) to make money and keep their jobs? Cancer isn't the disease I have such skepticism about. It used to be that I couldn't drag myself away from the TV on Labor Day weekend when the MD telethon was on, but really.... WTF have they been doing with all those multi-million dollar donations?

Back to your search.

From the American Cancer Society

Oldest descriptions of cancer

Human beings have had cancer throughout recorded history. So its no surprise that from the dawn of history people have written about cancer. Some of the earliest evidence of cancer is found among fossilized bone tumors, human mummies in ancient Egypt, and ancient manuscripts. Growths suggestive of the bone cancer called osteosarcoma have been seen in mummies. Bony skull destruction as seen in cancer of the head and neck has been found, too.

Our oldest description of cancer (although the word cancer was not used) was discovered in Egypt and dates back to about 3000 BC. It is called the Edwin Smith Papyrus, and is a copy of part of an ancient Egyptian textbook on trauma surgery. It describes 8 cases of tumors or ulcers of the breast that were treated by cauterization, with a tool called the fire drill. The writing says about the disease, There is no treatment.

Begs the question, why bother?

But bother we have, so:

The History of Cancer Research - Independent Cancer Research Foundation

During the century between 1910 to 2010, natural medicine cancer researchers found hundreds of cures for cancer, while at the same time orthodox cancer researchers and medical doctors found only a handful of highly effective and safe cancer treatments.

While a few individual medical doctors found cures for cancer, the "cancer researchers" controlled by the government or cancer "charities" (meaning those controlled directly or indirectly by the pharmaceutical industry, such as the American Cancer Society and Susan G. Komen for the Cure), did not find any general cures for cancer and still haven't!!

Here are examples of the orthodox treatments which were discovered and developed by medical doctors and their associates between 1910 and 2010 (none of these are being used by oncologists):

CONTINUED

Forum List

Back