Medical Questionaire

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I am going to a new doctor today for my annual physical and to check on a few things. I have relocated so I am going to a new Dr.

They emailed me a 3 page form to fill out and bring in with me. Most of it is standard medical history stuff, but one section is called "Prevention". It asks a series of Yes/No questions like do I smoke, drink alcohol, drink coffee ect. But one question stood out.

"If there is a gun in your home, is it out of children's reach and unloaded?"

Now first of all, in my home the answer would be both Yes and No. One is out of reach but it is loaded.

But the main question I have is what does this have to do with my medical care? I think we can proceed with my physical without the doctor knowing the details on how I store firearms. Plus the form had already asked the names and ages of my children. They are 26, 27, and 29.

Has anyone else had this bizarre question pop up at their doctor's office?

I am going to a new doctor today for my annual physical and to check on a few things. I have relocated so I am going to a new Dr.

They emailed me a 3 page form to fill out and bring in with me. Most of it is standard medical history stuff, but one section is called "Prevention". It asks a series of Yes/No questions like do I smoke, drink alcohol, drink coffee ect. But one question stood out.

Now first of all, in my home the answer would be both Yes and No. One is out of reach but it is loaded.

But the main question I have is what does this have to do with my medical care? I think we can proceed with my physical without the doctor knowing the details on how I store firearms. Plus the form had already asked the names and ages of my children. They are 26, 27, and 29.

Oh, yeah. That's nothing new. Been seeing that, and other questions like it for years. I suppose doctors are just using those forms for general data aggregation, though it wouldn't surprise me if insurance companies are behind it at some level.

The question is there so when you die your death can be listed as a gun related death and they can further their agenda.

Check this out. do you know that if you answer the question do you smoke or did you ever smoke, no matter for how long or have you ever been exposed to second hand smoke, when you die you are listed as a tobacco related death.

The question is there so when you die your death can be listed as a gun related death and they can further their agenda.

Check this out. do you know that if you answer the question do you smoke or did you ever smoke, no matter for how long or have you ever been exposed to second hand smoke, when you die you are listed as a tobacco related death.

How is that, according to a autopsy report? What if someone killed themselves during a auto-erotica attempt? That would be tabacco related? Or gun related, even though Joe Pervs gun is sittiing on a shelf collecting dust, unloaded?

Last edited:

How is that, according to a autopsy report? What if someone killed themselves during a auto-erotica attempt? That would be tabacco related? Or gun related, even though Joe Pervs gun is sittiing on a shelf collecting dust, unloaded?

what is on the death certificate has nothing to do with whether or not it is counted as a statistic for anti tobacco purposses. If you smoke, smoked or say you have been exposed to second hand smoke you are a tobacco related statistic

what is on the death certificate has nothing to do with whether or not it is counted as a statistic for anti tobacco purposses. If you smoke, smoked or say you have been exposed to second hand smoke you are a tobacco related statistic

Well, that's statistics, not the actual cause of death...sorry, just a bit confuzzled, you said that when someone dies, if they smoked or have ever smoked, it's listed as a tobacco related death...that would be part of cause of death.
Joe Perv killed himself trying to have a super hightened orgasm, yet his death is still tobacco related if he ever smoked or was still a smoker up to his death.
I think our health insurance heads are smoking crack...
gold13.gif

Last edited:

Whenever I shop around for a new doctor, I don't pay much attention to his credentials. I check the size of his fingers.

Whenever I shop around for a new doctor, I don't pay much attention to his credentials. I check the size of his fingers.

hopefully its not a case of bigger is better

Yeah I have seen that. If you don't want to be asked don't live somewhere that it is legal. In the meantime put

'Yes I do have a gun. More like a python really. You will be grabbing it shortly.'

That would be death by Carradine.

Yeah I have seen that. If you don't want to be asked don't live somewhere that it is legal. In the meantime put

'Yes I do have a gun. More like a python really. You will be grabbing it shortly.'

That would be death by Carradine.

:laugh: Why yes, you are right...I forgot about that.
Ok, lol..it's not really funny...:(

:laugh:

I told my doctor my gun is in my pants and there are no weapons on my property anyway. I asked why he wanted to know this, I was informed it was a mental health screening and preventative medicine check of sorts.

I told my doctor my gun is in my pants and there are no weapons on my property anyway. I asked why he wanted to know this, I was informed it was a mental health screening and preventative medicine check of sorts.

You dawg you...:tongue:

Mental health screening makes perfect sense...

I had a female MD. Very small hands and slender fingers.

O M F G

Don't you realize what this is???

YOU are on THE list. It's THE list Obama has been keeping since before he was born. You know, back when he was born in a log hut in Kenya that he built his own self just after he went to Hawaii to put those burthe announcements in two Honouu papers.

Every single person who has voted for a Republican, real or teepotter, is on that list. Even the Greatest Repub of All Time, Ronnie Ray-Gun. And, if you own a bible (in addition to that gun he's coming after) you're on the list twice.

Or is it three times?

Who can keep track?

Anyway, do you also listen to shit kicker music on your car radio? Or, bible thumping sermons?

The bible thumping is good, shit kicking also good but best of all, make sure you listen to a LOT of Lushbo LardAss and watch LOTS of fux tv, preferably 24/7.

And, bury those guns in your back yard. Quick.

And, give thanks that you dodged the Big One by getting your advice here.

BTW, in case you didn't know it, thanks to ACA, that check up is a freebie.

I've been getting my medical care from the Veteran's Administration for the last 8 years, and I've never had to answer questions of that nature.

BTW, in case you didn't know it, thanks to ACA, that check up is a freebie.

Yep. Doesn't cost a thing. Government faeries pay the doctors out of thin air.

Oh c'mon ... Surely, by now, you have EDUCATED yourself.

If not, there's a link right there in my sig. Enjoy.

Forum List

Back