Medical marijuana

Seriously though, different sorts of weed has different effects, depending on how much of which cannabinoids are in it. There are some varieties that aren't even intoxicating, that are bred to provide relief for specific symptoms.

Most high THC strains will increase appetite if consumed in a high enough quantity. Compulsive activity can be exacerbated if the user is prone to such activities.

shutterstock_111368513.jpg
5 New Discoveries That Will Shake Up Our Understanding of Marijuana
1. Pot Use Linked To Better Outcomes In Brain Injury Patients
2. Rumors of Marijuana's Effect on Sanity Are the Stuff of Myth, Not Reality
3. CBD Oil More Effective Than Conventional Anti-Epileptic Treatments
4. Older Americans Gravitating Toward Medical Marijuana Treatment
5. Synthetic THC Kills Leukemia Cells

Many "mysterious" illnesses appear to involve the endocannabinoid system. I suspect that it is the key to most or all autoimmune disorders.

Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disagree. If it were a "common correlation" as you like to call it, it wouldn't be a pervasive occurrence. You can point to those who are solitary smokers, who aren't being influenced by peer activity. Perhaps weed intensifies sensations, like food tastes better and munchies occur. We may be talking about a chicken and egg situation as in which comes first, but the common thread is weed. When something has a history of happening regularly/repeatedly it follows, logically thinking, that it's THE cause.

Many "mysterious" illnesses appear to involve the endocannabinoid system. I suspect that it is the key to most or all autoimmune disorders.

Having had two autoimmune diseases simultaneously, I can say honestly it didn't come from weed as I wasn't a user. It came from a bone marrow failure, pure and simple. Diabetes, which I didn't have and still don't is an autoimmune disease, as is MS. None of these people I know who came up with these afflictions ever used weed. So much for your fucking theory! Assholes and ignorant idiots have plenty of theories. Worthless considerations. Don't waste other's time.

Having had two autoimmune diseases simultaneously, I can say honestly it didn't come from weed as I wasn't a user. It came from a bone marrow failure, pure and simple. Diabetes, which I didn't have and still don't is an autoimmune disease, as is MS. None of these people I know who came up with these afflictions ever used weed. So much for your fucking theory! Assholes and ignorant idiots have plenty of theories. Worthless considerations. Don't waste other's time.

I think that you are misunderstanding me. I'm not arguing that auto-immune diseases are caused by the usage of phyto-cannabinoids like THC in marijuana. I'm noting that our bodies produce their own cannabinoids (endocannabinoids), and when the body does not produce a sufficient amount, it likely explains auto-immune symptoms such as inflammation.

The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy

I think that you are misunderstanding me. I'm not arguing that auto-immune diseases are caused by the usage of phyto-cannabinoids like THC in marijuana. I'm noting that our bodies produce their own cannabinoids (endocannabinoids), and when the body does not produce a sufficient amount, it likely explains auto-immune symptoms such as inflammation.

You stated, "it is key to most or all autoimmune disorders". I'm calling your quote bullshit. Many, many things cause autoimmune disease none of which is clearly understood by researchers. They have suspicions, theories, and conclusions, but like with most of the medical community, they don't really know much. It is thought that diet contributes to inflammation, but here again, the cause is unknown. I doubt you as a lay person know more than researchers who devote their lives to determining these "mysteries".

You stated, "it is key to most or all autoimmune disorders". I'm calling your quote bullshit. Many, many things cause autoimmune disease none of which is clearly understood by researchers. They have suspicions, theories, and conclusions, but like with most of the medical community, they don't really know much. It is thought that diet contributes to inflammation, but here again, the cause is unknown. I doubt you as a lay person know more than researchers who devote their lives to determining these "mysteries".

So you'll be reading the information at the links soon, right?

I read the links, already. They said absolutely nothing of importance. There have been millions of such "reports" published which declare weed helps a bucket load of symptoms and ailments. If there were any merits to these reports that go back 3,000 years, don't you think we'd be further along than we are today? This crap is just exactly like all the other claims about various natural substances. Not only is there no evidence of lasting/long-term results to these claims, but the amount needed is ridiculously high and can result in health risks at best. When you read such reports in the future, try analyzing them thoroughly first, but you won't come up with anything because nothing definitive exists. Get it through your head.

What's with the rant? Marijuana can treat the symptoms of at least some auto-immune diseases, and it does so by interacting with the endocannabinoid system. Those are things that are for certain. What I can't say for certain, but the available evidence suggests, is that this is because they replace something that is missing.

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma. - PubMed - NCBI

Reparations should be paid to anyone arrested for simple marijuana possession...anyone supporting keeping marijuana illegal should be horse whipped then tarred and feathered....

In Post #365, you mentioned autoimmune diseases. I'm assuming this means you understand that these are the result of, to put it simply, "something missing" or "something malfunctioning" in the individual's genetic code. If that "something" turns out to be a missing enzyme - we'll call it Enzyme C - that can be compensated by ingesting Compound C, would it be wise for that individual to take Compound C?

Another analogy would be vitamins/supplements. You go to your doctor for a checkup, he does some bloodwork, and it comes back indicating you have very high homocysteine levels. This could lead to atherosclerosis and possibly a stroke. He tells you to take extra B-vitamins to lower your homocysteine levels.

Would you?

In Post #365, you mentioned autoimmune diseases. I'm assuming this means you understand that these are the result of, to put it simply, "something missing" or "something malfunctioning" in the individual's genetic code. If that "something" turns out to be a missing enzyme - we'll call it Enzyme C - that can be compensated by ingesting Compound C, would it be wise for that individual to take Compound C?

Another analogy would be vitamins/supplements. You go to your doctor for a checkup, he does some bloodwork, and it comes back indicating you have very high homocysteine levels. This could lead to atherosclerosis and possibly a stroke. He tells you to take extra B-vitamins to lower your homocysteine levels.

Would you?

Those examples are not analogous to one another.

Would you?

Obviously not, but I'm trying to find a way to get through that "OMG, MARIJUANA IS TEH EVUL!!!" mentality. :dunno:

Would you?

Obviously not, but I'm trying to find a way to get through that "OMG, MARIJUANA IS TEH EVUL!!!" mentality. :dunno:

Would you?

Ahhh. Maybe I'd better retire to bed before I add any more fuel to that fire. :uhoh3:

Forum List

Back