Medical marijuana program could save US taxpayer $1billion

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A new study claims that medical marijuana use directly correlates with a decline in prescription drug use, which could save the US taxpayer up to $1.1 billion a year on Medicaid prescriptions.

Medical Marijuana Program ‘could save US taxpayer $1bn’ – Study
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

upload_2017-4-25_9-27-20.png

Medical marijuana program ‘could save US taxpayer $1bn’ – study
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You either get the Gov. lied to you when they started the war on drugs, or you can wake the hell up to the facts.
To keep it illegal raked in billions, big pharma couldn't touch it because gawd forbid the true medicinal facts came out on it.

There has been a patent on cannabis since 2003 THE GOV. KNEW DAMN WELL IT WAS MEDICINIAL....

upload_2017-4-25_9-30-41.png

They think you are that stupid......................... GET IT wake up

upload_2017-4-25_9-32-7.png

Patent US6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Why do you think the pharma industry has lobbied so long and hard against pot. Pretty understandable why the for profit prison industry does. A fucking plant that has been used by hominids for thousands of years.

"Cannabis plants are believed to have evolved on the steppes of Central Asia, specifically in the regions that are now Mongolia and southern Siberia, according to Warf. The history of cannabis use goes back as far as 12,000 years, which places the plant among humanity's oldest cultivated crops, according to information in the book "Marihuana: The First Twelve Thousand Years" (Springer, 1980)."

Fuck the empire and it's rules, I'm a human being with all the evolutionary history of the species and these shitty little people who set up governments to manage and exploit humanity are transient and passing.

Medical marijuana costs more than prescription options. Only getting rid of the user shows a benefit.

Medical marijuana costs more than prescription options. Only getting rid of the user shows a benefit.
i knew the expert would show up to give us more pot bullshit....
Do you deny that eliminating the user reduces the use of opiods and eliminates the use of pot entirely?
do you deny that the bullshit you spew about pot is just that....bullsht?....
I admit that you eat bullshit and say yum.

i knew the expert would show up to give us more pot bullshit....
Do you deny that eliminating the user reduces the use of opiods and eliminates the use of pot entirely?
do you deny that the bullshit you spew about pot is just that....bullsht?....
I admit that you eat bullshit and say yum.
how can that be when i spit your pot bullshit right back at you?..

"Medical marijuana" is an administrative device enabled for the express purpose of impeding or forestalling the general legalization of this beneficial plant, which eventually would have a devastating effect on the pharmaceutical industry.

One of the most profitable single items marketed by Big Pharma is its wide variety of prescribed tranquilizers, many of which are addictive, potentially harmful, and/or impart an unpleasant, long-term, stultifying effect on the user. But it is a glaringly obvious fact that there is no more pleasantly effective tranquilizer than marijuana.

Our mother and aunt told us about an over-the-counter drugstore product, I believe the name was Lydia Pink's Preparation, which was a very popular treatment for menstrual discomfort. Mothers also rubbed it on the gums of colicky babies and it soothed them. But it contained cannabis oil and was removed when marijuana was made illegal in 1937 (one year after I was born). Mom said it was as commonly used as aspirin.

Those are just two examples. If marijuana had not been banned there would by now be hundreds of common medical applications for it and market competition would have driven the price down substantially.

Last edited:
"Medical marijuana" is an administrative device enabled for the express purpose of impeding or forestalling the general legalization of this beneficial plant, which eventually would have a devastating effect on the pharmaceutical industry.

One of the most profitable single items marketed by Big Pharma is its wide variety of prescribed tranquilizers, many of which are addictive, potentially harmful, and/or impart an unpleasant, long-term, stultifying effect on the user. But it is a glaringly obvious fact that there is no more pleasantly effective tranquilizer than marijuana.

Our mother and aunt told us about an over-the-counter drugstore product, I believe the name was Lydia Pink's Preparation, which was a very popular treatment for menstrual discomfort. Mothers also rubbed it on the gums of colicky babies and it soothed them. But it contained cannabis oil and was removed when marijuana was made illegal in 1937 (one year after I was born). Mom said it was as commonly used as aspirin.

Those are just two examples. If marijuana had not been banned there would by now be hundreds of common medical applications for it and market competition would have driven the price down substantially.

That's how much these idiots don't even know history. How much COCA COLA did they drink that had real coke in it too. LOL ...

Oh they might not be that old. Just damn near it.

That's how much these idiots don't even know history. How much COCA COLA did they drink that had real coke in it too. LOL ...

Oh they might not be that old. Just damn near it.
im sure tipsy was there....she couldnt figure out why she had so much pep after a coke...

1930s

Fear of marijuana

During the Great Depression, massive unemployment increased public resentment and fear of Mexican immigrants, escalating public and governmental concern about the problem of marijuana. This instigated a flurry of research which linked the use of marijuana with violence, crime and other socially deviant behaviors, primarily committed by "racially inferior" or underclass communities. By 1931, 29 states had outlawed marijuana.

Creation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN)

Harry J. Anslinger was the first Commissioner of the FBN and remained in that post until 1962.

bline.gif

Uniform State Narcotic Act

Concern about the rising use of marijuana and research linking its use with crime and other social problems created pressure on the federal government to take action. Rather than promoting federal legislation, the Federal Bureau of Narcotics strongly encouraged state governments to accept responsibility for control of the problem by adopting the Uniform State Narcotic Act.

bline.gif

"Reefer Madness"

Propaganda film "Reefer Madness" was produced by the French director, Louis Gasnier.

The Motion Pictures Association of America, composed of the major Hollywood studios, banned the showing of any narcotics in films.

bline.gif

Marijuana Tax Act

After a lurid national propaganda campaign against the "evil weed," Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act. The statute effectively criminalized marijuana, restricting possession of the drug to individuals who paid an excise tax for certain authorized medical and industrial uses.

Marijuana Timeline | Busted - America's War On Marijuana | FRONTLINE | PBS

Creation of the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)

Merger of the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (BNND) and the Office of Drug Abuse Law Enforcement (ODALE).

bline.gif

High Times founded

bline.gif

Beginning of parents' movement against marijuana

A nationwide movement emerged of conservative parents' groups lobbying for stricter regulation of marijuana and the prevention of drug use by teenagers. Some of these groups became quite powerful and, with the support of the DEA and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), were instrumental in affecting public attitudes which led to the 1980s War on Drugs.

bline.gif

Anti-Drug Abuse Act - Mandatory Sentences

President Reagan signed the Anti-Drug Abuse Act, instituting mandatory sentences for drug-related crimes. In conjunction with the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984, the new law raised federal penalties for marijuana possession and dealing, basing the penalties on the amount of the drug involved. Possession of 100 marijuana plants received the same penalty as possession of 100 grams of heroin. A later amendment to the Anti-Drug Abuse Act established a "three strikes and you're out" policy, requiring life sentences for repeat drug offenders, and providing for the death penalty for "drug kingpins."

bline.gif

Bush's War on Drugs

President George Bush declares a new War on Drugs in a nationally televised speech.

bline.gif

Medical Use Legalized in California

California voters passed Proposition 215 allowing for the sale and medical use of marijuana for patients with AIDS, cancer, and other serious and painful diseases. This law stands in tension with federal laws prohibiting possession of marijuana.

GET INFORMED , that's what HISTORY teaches people so you don't become a dumbed down twat repeating the bs based of BS LIES...............

The 1980s and 90s: Drug Hysteria and Skyrocketing Incarceration Rates
The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997.

A Brief History of the Drug War | Drug Policy Alliance

The demonization of the cannabis plant was an extension of the demonization of the Mexican immigrants. In an effort to control and keep tabs on these new citizens, El Paso, TX borrowed a play from San Francisco’s playbook, which had outlawed opium decades earlier in an effort to control Chinese immigrants. The idea was to have an excuse to search, detain and deport Mexican immigrants.

That excuse became marijuana.

This method of controlling people by controlling their customs was quite successful, so much so that it became a national strategy for keeping certain populations under the watch and control of the government.

During hearings on marijuana law in the 1930’s, claims were made about marijuana’s ability to cause men of color to become violent and solicit sex from white women. This imagery became the backdrop for the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 which effectively banned its use and sales.

While the Act was ruled unconstitutional years later, it was replaced with the Controlled Substances Act in the 1970’s which established Schedules for ranking substances according to their dangerousness and potential for addiction. Cannabis was placed in the most restrictive category, Schedule I, supposedly as a place holder while then President Nixon commissioned a report to give a final recommendation.

The Schafer Commission, as it was called, declared that marijuana should not be in Schedule I and even doubted its designation as an illicit substance. However, Nixon discounted the recommendations of the commission, and marijuana remains a Schedule I substance.

In 1996, California became the first state to approve the use of marijuana for medical purposes, ending its 59 year reign as an illicit substance with no medical value. Prior to 1937, cannabis had enjoyed a 5000 year history as a therapeutic agent across many cultures. In this context, its blip as an illicit and dangerous drug was dwarfed by its role as a medicine.

How Did Marijuana Become Illegal in the First Place?

It's Lydia Pinkham's Herbal Supplement. You can buy it at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lydia-Pinkham-Herbal-Tablet-Supplement-150-Tablets/46492219

No it never had marijuana in it.

What was rubbed on the gums of teething babies was good old fashioned whisky. For colicky babies it was boiled sugar water and whisky soaked in a coth and given to the baby to suck on. It was called a sugar tit. I remember my grandmother making sugar tits for my cousin.

The pleasantly tranquilizer effect didn't cone from marijuana. It came from laudanum. Opium was sold at pharmacies over the counter. Small amounts were mixed with wine at home and bottled at home in whatever strength was necessary. That mixture was called laudanum.

Potheads would turn us into a nation of stoners. After that, we no longer deserve to survive. A nuclear blast would be a mercy.

There never was a drug war in this country. A drug war is what is going on in the Philippines.

Is there a school administrator anywhere in the country that believes school test scores would be improved if more students were potheads?

You know, for the last 8 years I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. That meant that I needed to know how to spot drug and alcohol abuse in sailors, as well as had to know the effects of them and how harmful they were to the body.

Out of all the research that the Navy made me learn, I could never figure out why it was illegal. It was certainly less harmful than alcohol, and there were never any withdrawl symptoms if you suddenly stopped smoking cannabis.

Then, after I retired from the Navy, I did lots of research on the 'net as well as other places, checking out how people used it, what happened, etc., and after about 6 months of research, I decided to do the ultimate experiment and try it for myself. Been 420 friendly ever since.

Then, when CO legalized it, my roomie and I started going up there on a regular basis to check out the different varieties. In doing so, I came in contact with a lot of veterans (I always have a US Navy ballcap on when I go out), who told me that they came back from the war with lots of problems, and many of them were taking 10 to 15 pills PER DAY! And, they told me that when it was legalized, many of them started trying it as a relief from PTSD and the like. Guess what? Almost all of the veterans said that because of the relief from cannabis, they were able to wean themselves off of all the drugs the VA had them on.

The only reason that marijuana was made illegal in the first place was because of racism (Anslinger hated black and brown people, the largest consumers of marijuana at the time), and greed, because Herst and Dupont didn't want to compete with hemp. Herst because of his timber holdings (he didnt want hemp paper because of that), and Dupont because of their new research into things made with crude oil, and they didn't want to compete with hemp oil.

If you still support keeping marijuana illegal, then you are also supporting racism and greed.

There never was a drug war in this country. A drug war is what is going on in the Philippines.

Is there a school administrator anywhere in the country that believes school test scores would be improved if more students were potheads?

Actually, I'm very 420 friendly, and even I think that kids smoking marijuana is a bad idea. Why? Because the brain and nervous system aren't fully formed until you are around 18, and you shouldn't do anything to interfere with that growth, be it marijuana, drugs or alcohol.

But, if you're over 21 and want to smoke? Go for it.

Interesting little thing that I've noticed in my trips to CO, was that most of the people that I saw there were in their 40's or older when I went into the shops. There are a hell of a lot of old people who are smoking now, it's not just for kids anymore.

New Topics

Forum List

Back