Medicaid, and they think this is going to work.

Willow, I'm very much involved in the campaign for the Arizona Healthcare Freedom Act. which will strip out the mandate portion of the bill currently being passed by congress here in my state. What it will do is launch a court battle that will settle this matter once and for all. The bill being considered will eventually lead to cuts in Doctors payments by up to 21% according to the CBO, so do you think, that with those cuts and with the current number and dropping of Doctors that are NOT accepting Medicaid that this bill is healthcare reform? Frankly, there are going to be many very disappointed people and many angry people here very soon, especially when the tax increase starts in a couple of weeks, I wonder what all those Union members are going to think about that so called Obama tax pledge when their taxes go up in two weeks because they are paying a tax on their healthcare plans.

You'll be arguing against the Federal madate in the bill, but what will you be arguing for?

Joe, how about sittng down and actually crafting legislation that does those things and reflects true healthcare reform. I have noticed that the House and Senate will be controlled by the Democrats for a little while longer so to simply state that if it's not done now it won't ever get done doesn't hold much sway and in fact bascially means this bill in it's current form is more about a win rather than about reform.

Republicans have done everything they could to obstruct this and every other proposal. The possibility of getting an ideal bill, the bill the American People want, a bill with a public option which would do what you suggest be done, is slight. The only thing left for the pro-health care forces was to get the best deal possible and fix it later.

I don't think the fight is over. The pro-health care forces are not going to let America be crucified on a cross of health insurance company profits. They'll come back with amendment after amendment, year after year, to add what should have been in the bill in the first place and to fix what's wrong with it.

Joe, how about sittng down and actually crafting legislation that does those things and reflects true healthcare reform. I have noticed that the House and Senate will be controlled by the Democrats for a little while longer so to simply state that if it's not done now it won't ever get done doesn't hold much sway and in fact bascially means this bill in it's current form is more about a win rather than about reform.

Republicans have done everything they could to obstruct this and every other proposal. The possibility of getting an ideal bill, the bill the American People want, a bill with a public option which would do what you suggest be done, is slight. The only thing left for the pro-health care forces was to get the best deal possible and fix it later.

I don't think the fight is over. The pro-health care forces are not going to let America be crucified on a cross of health insurance company profits. They'll come back with amendment after amendment, year after year, to add what should have been in the bill in the first place and to fix what's wrong with it.

Which is why some of us ultimately still support this bill. The perfect is the enemy of the good. Earlier this year I read on TPM someone predicting that repeal of this will be one of the major campaign issues of the GOP in 2012. It'll probably be next year, too. Let them defend the status quo, if that's the case.

I'm glad you aksed that question Erik, because I will tell you. I have said this in many many posts but will gladly post it here too in a shorter version. Frist, I believe that it is the measure of a society of how it provides for the sick , and the elderly, and those unable to care for themselves. That being said, I have long thought that this nation has a viable solution to healthcare insurance that is in place and has been for many many years. It's my opinion that the best way approach this is to eliminate the age restriction on Medicare for catastrophic coverage. Let me explain a little further, as a large precentage of the uninsured are young people who care little for having health insurance unless they get sick having a low cost catastropic option through Medicare is a good alternative. It can be offered as a very inexpensive option much like life insruance is today. In conjunction with this, we can also allow, for the sale of insurance across state lines and a regulated private supplimental option so that those with the catastrophic Medicare coverage who wish to can purchase anywhere they wish a plan that will cover regular Doctors visit through the private market place. While doing so, pass the Doc-Fix bill to raise the rates Doctors are paid by Medicare to add the incentive for additional providers to come into the system who accept this catastrophic care. One other thing you can do is take what is left of the TARP and the Stimulus which amounts to the same as what is being cut from Medicare and seed this new Medicare option with that money without rasing taxes. While doing so, you can also reform prescription drugs by shortning the time window for patents on new drugs allowing for generic makers to come into the market place and for the purcahse of those drugs anywhere as long as they are approved. Lastly as another part of this you would need to legislate some sort of tort reform where the loser pays in Medical malpractive lawsuits in order to curb them. You asked what I am for, I am for actually reforming the system, lowering the cost of premiums, and actually raising the quality of care.

I love seeing it taken to her. She's a cold-blooded, partisan POS. She's condescending, double talks and backs up over questions.

Hilarious.

He also nailed her head on. He knew what she's like, and he set her up. He was ready to jump on her every time she tried to be disengenous, which she did right off the bat, and immediately called her whenever she spoke garbage...which means she was stopped dead in her tracks.

All she ever does is repeat talking points, he was dead on about that, too.

Forum List

Back