Media's Select Coverage

Just A Man

Apr 10, 2009
Well I see in the past weeks we have had three killings in the news. Abortion doctor George Tiller is gunned down, army soldier William Long is gunned down and security officer Stephen Johns was gunned down. My condolences to the families of each of the three men.

Anyone notice the way the news media reported the killings?

Tiller was killled by a right wing nut. Long was killed by a muslim terrorist. Johns was killed by a Jew and Black hating loon. The Tiller killing was all over the news, Obama said he was shocked and outraged by the killing. Not half as much news coverage when the muslim terrorist killed Long. Lots of news coverage when Johns was killed.

As a veteran I resent the lack of news coverage in comparison with the other two killings. I also resent that our commander in chief did not express the same outrage, when Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, who confessed, said he was a convert to Islam and planned to kill for political and religious motives, killed a soldier under Obama's command.

I say when a nut kills an abortion doctor in church or a loon kills a security guard at the Holocaust Memorial Museum, neither deserves more coverage than a muslim terrorist killing a GI at an Army recruiting station. The latter has much more effect on our country and our war against islam extremists given 9-11 and our GIs engaged in war against terrorists in both Iraq and Afganistan. Shame on the media for putting politics ahead of the importance of news stories.

I can only believe the media played the news of Tiller because they support abortion. They played the news of John's killing because the suspect is a right wing loon and they dislike everyone on the right, even the law abiding people. The Long killing was given less coverage because the media doesn't respect the military and they don't like to report unfavorably on muslims.

That's a pretty accurate summation I'd say.. And this will be the case as long as the liberals run the country..

Well I see in the past weeks we have had three killings in the news. Abortion doctor George Tiller is gunned down, army soldier William Long is gunned down and security officer Stephen Johns was gunned down. My condolences to the families of each of the three men.

Anyone notice the way the news media reported the killings?

Tiller was killled by a right wing nut. Long was killed by a muslim terrorist. Johns was killed by a Jew and Black hating loon. The Tiller killing was all over the news, Obama said he was shocked and outraged by the killing. Not half as much news coverage when the muslim terrorist killed Long. Lots of news coverage when Johns was killed.

As a veteran I resent the lack of news coverage in comparison with the other two killings. I also resent that our commander in chief did not express the same outrage, when Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, who confessed, said he was a convert to Islam and planned to kill for political and religious motives, killed a soldier under Obama's command.

I say when a nut kills an abortion doctor in church or a loon kills a security guard at the Holocaust Memorial Museum, neither deserves more coverage than a muslim terrorist killing a GI at an Army recruiting station. The latter has much more effect on our country and our war against islam extremists given 9-11 and our GIs engaged in war against terrorists in both Iraq and Afganistan. Shame on the media for putting politics ahead of the importance of news stories.

I can only believe the media played the news of Tiller because they support abortion. They played the news of John's killing because the suspect is a right wing loon and they dislike everyone on the right, even the law abiding people. The Long killing was given less coverage because the media doesn't respect the military and they don't like to report unfavorably on muslims.

You are correct.

All three are tragedies and news items of concern.

The killing of the U.S. Soldier in the United States by an American Muslim received a collective shrug by the media, and the administration.

That is troubling...

I just watched ABC news at 6:30 (6-11-09) and lots of coverage on the guard murder and they kept showing his photo, groups of people mourning him, and photos of his kids. At 7:00 Fox News also had a lot of coverage along the same lines. I believe they are giving it full exposure because the suspect is a white supremist and the guard is a black man.

I want the same coverage given a white U.S. soldier who is killed at an Army recruiting station by a black muslim terrorist. But I know the news media will not do that. All I can do is keep pointing it out. It does take a few guts to not be PC.

Well, the news media called some of the murderers "right-wing extremists" .
Notice how somebody is only called a "religious extremist" if his religion is Christian?
Notice how the news media almost never classifies anybody as a "left-wing extremist"?

The soldier's dad was on the Factor.. Mr. O is going to donate 50 grand to the "Wounded Warriors".

Notice how somebody is only called a "religious extremist" if his religion is Christian?
Notice how the news media almost never classifies anybody as a "left-wing extremist"?

Try googling elf if you want to learn about what left wing extremism is.

Try googling elf if you want to learn about what left wing extremism is.

I already know what left-wing extremism is, tell the media to use google, because they damn sure can't report facts, but instead impart their own labels.

Forum List

Back