Media Silence As Obama Audience Instructed To Cheer

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(Watch the Media LapDog jump after asking 'How high?" We're not faced with the Bolsheviks using the battering ram outside the doors of the Duma trying to gain entry, the Bolsheviks are already inside with their hands on the controls of power. Will we be able to simply vote them out at this point?)

"There were a few things that jumped out to me immediately when I watched this video originally aside from the obvious fact that no one applauded until instructed to.

My first thought was, “perhaps this is simply how it’s done.” After all, they were playing ‘Hail to the Chief,’ which, for all I know, informs them to stand at attention. But then I noticed that people seemed to be moving about, and a few were even holding up camera phones and filming the event. It made me wonder if the audience was even comprised entirely of military, which would of course raise further questions as to why there were no unprompted cheers.

I have to imagine the silence was deafening. Perhaps no one wanted to be the first one to applaud a man who seems intent on cutting the funding that many in attendance probably fashion their lives around. Perhaps they saw the people on stage not applauding and assumed that they weren’t supposed to either. Who knows? Maybe this same guy got on stage moments ahead of the cameras rolling and instructed the audience to stay quiet until he informed them otherwise.

I’ll leave those questions for people in the military or those in attendance at this speech.

Why this stuck with me since I first saw it was that I’d heard nothing of this moment in the national media even though this speech had taken place a month ago"

Media Silent as Audience Instructed to Applaud Obama | RedState

Those in the audience were doing the right thing - nothing. You're supposed to remain at attention until told to "At Ease." You don't cheer the guy walking in.

I think the guy that asked the audience to cheer was Admiral Mullen, who in my opinion, did nothing inappropriate.

I think he was trying to lighten things up a bit.

Thanks for the info, warrior. The author of the article following the video asked the same question you gave the answer to. The stony silence greeting this particular C in C just seemed a tad unusual and reminded me of one photo op of John Kerry greeting the troops in 2004.

Media Silence As Obama Audience Instructed To Cheer
Hell.....he might-as-well borrow Romney's front-row (of cheerleaders)....the ones that're hootin' & hollerin' (at his "Jobs"-speech)....like (I'm sure) they do at polo-matches.

hospicepolocup.jpg

"YEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

(Watch the Media LapDog jump after asking 'How high?" We're not faced with the Bolsheviks using the battering ram outside the doors of the Duma trying to gain entry, the Bolsheviks are already inside with their hands on the controls of power. Will we be able to simply vote them out at this point?)

"There were a few things that jumped out to me immediately when I watched this video originally aside from the obvious fact that no one applauded until instructed to.

My first thought was, “perhaps this is simply how it’s done.” After all, they were playing ‘Hail to the Chief,’ which, for all I know, informs them to stand at attention. But then I noticed that people seemed to be moving about, and a few were even holding up camera phones and filming the event. It made me wonder if the audience was even comprised entirely of military, which would of course raise further questions as to why there were no unprompted cheers.

I have to imagine the silence was deafening. Perhaps no one wanted to be the first one to applaud a man who seems intent on cutting the funding that many in attendance probably fashion their lives around. Perhaps they saw the people on stage not applauding and assumed that they weren’t supposed to either. Who knows? Maybe this same guy got on stage moments ahead of the cameras rolling and instructed the audience to stay quiet until he informed them otherwise.

I’ll leave those questions for people in the military or those in attendance at this speech.

Why this stuck with me since I first saw it was that I’d heard nothing of this moment in the national media even though this speech had taken place a month ago"

Media Silent as Audience Instructed to Applaud Obama | RedState

I did not say anything wrong there. Military protocol requires you to come to attention and salute during Hail to the Chief. Navy tradition is that you do not salute indoors unless you are under arms, and that probably applies to the Marines.

They were then given permission to cheer after the song, which might have been a breach of protocol, but most people are not that picky about it, and the only one that would have been able to take exception to that would be Obama. My guess is he doesn't know, or care, enough about military protocol to care if he is actually the one that gives the order to be at ease.

The warrior who slayed OBL had just stepped up to the teleprompter of course they were spellbound.

It was a chilling scene right out of the NSDAP Nuremburg rallies of the early 30's. Hoffa pledging an army to "march for the president" and "take the sons of bitches out" while others stood in silent shock.

You are not the only con here are you?

you think way to much of your own opinion

You are not the only con here are you?

you think way to much of your own opinion

Well stupid, when you say "You Cons" you are including everyone.

Perhaps if you want to single out individuals, dumb fuck, you should do so.

Get it?

Good.

Now, carry on with your stupidity, if capable.

Christ - you are one publicly-schooled dumb fuck.

It was a chilling scene right out of the NSDAP Nuremburg rallies of the early 30's. Hoffa pledging an army to "march for the president" and "take the sons of bitches out" while others stood in silent shock.

What are you talking about?

Was the doctor OUT during the discussion? Listen up doc...the union thug promised an army marching to support the president and to "take the sons of bitches out". Spectators were shocked in stunned silence. I equate it to the 30's Nuremburg NADAP rallies in support of Hitler.

What are you talking about?

Was the doctor OUT during the discussion? Listen up doc...the union thug promised an army marching to support the president and to "take the sons of bitches out". Spectators were shocked in stunned silence. I equate it to the 30's Nuremburg NADAP rallies in support of Hitler.

I think you might be in the wrong thread, bucko.

Forum List

Back