Media Reports of the Numbers of people at the Restoring Honor rally

no, he just has a different opinion than you do
and i agree that Jesus was not a "community organizer"
what community did he "organize"?

So he didn't organize a group of people, or help the poor or powerless?
the group of people that Jesus directly helped was rather small
but the message spread

This is even more applicable.

Take, for instance, the organizers of the first Tea Party events. They were a small group of people who were pissed off, and they organized a protest.

It turns out that a lot of people were pissed off, all around the country. So the Tea Parties spread like wildfire, into what they are now.

The first person to have the idea didn't personally influence that many people. But those people in turn influenced others, and so on and so on and now Dick Armey is involved.

on a hot day, on the weekend, in the summer, hundreds of thousands showed up to this rally. Guy has walked the talk. Kudos Glen Beck.

there weren't hundreds of thousands. he had a good showing, but no where close to that.

You are such a liar chick. Look at the pictures the damn national Mall is covered and wider angles show a huge crowd in the field to the left of the National Mall.

By any conservative estimates it was nearly 500,000 people.

on a hot day, on the weekend, in the summer, hundreds of thousands showed up to this rally. Guy has walked the talk. Kudos Glen Beck.

there weren't hundreds of thousands. he had a good showing, but no where close to that.

You are such a liar chick. Look at the pictures the damn national Mall is covered and wider angles show a huge crowd in the field to the left of the National Mall.

There was about 100,000 people there, no where near 500,000 people.
At Obama's inauguration there was people all the way from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol Building, at Beck's rally they didn't even reach the Washington Monument, and the crowd was not even as thick.

At Obama's inauguration there was people all the way from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol Building, at Beck's rally they didn't even reach the Washington Monument, and the crowd was not even as thick.

I happen to believe Beck. Five hundred thousand is estimated. The crowd reached from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington memorial which is about .8 of a mile. But I should let you go with your numbers. However, the rule of warfare is "never underestimate" you opponent. So, you go with the low numbers. whydonchya? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I happen to believe Beck. Five hundred thousand is estimated. The crowd reached from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington memorial which is about .8 of a mile. But I should let you go with your numbers. However, the rule of warfare is "never underestimate" you opponent. So, you go with the low numbers. whydonchya? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
on THAT you have a point

kerry on Luissa

I am going with 80,000 to 100,000 people.

Of course conservatives would overestimate! LOL... Punny.:lol:

Its not an estimation man, we have history that tells us how many people it takes to fill up that space. It was at least IMO 300,000 but likely closer to 500k

Like I said on the wider angle shots not only was all of the space around the pool filled with people, but the Huge ass open space to the left of it was as well.

The point of this thread though is not exactly how many were there. It was to point out how the liberal Press is trying to play down the number, Yet when ever there is a liberal Rally they over state the number.

The same is happening here. All the liberals are trying to play down the number.

We should also talk about what happened there. There was none of the Hate speech, or Racism on display that the Left claimed it was going to be about. It was a completely peaceful Rally where people of every race not only attended but were speakers.

It was Mainly a event to bring attention to and raise money for the Special Forces warrior foundation which Sends the kids of US special Forces soldiers lost in combat to College, and a time for people to talk about getting back to our Constitutional Roots. Yet the Left fear mongered and lied for a week about it before it happened trying to claim it was going to be a hate and racism fest, and now they are downplaying the number and ignoring the message of the event.

Typical

Last edited:

Its not an estimation man, we have history that tells us how many people it takes to fill up that space. It was at least IMO 300,000 but likely closer to 500k

Like I said on the wider angle shots not only was all of the space around the pool filled with people, but the Huge ass open space to the left of it was as well.

The point of this thread though is not exactly how many were there. It was to point out how the liberal Press is trying to play down the number, Yet when ever there is a liberal Rally they over state the number.

The same is happening here. All the liberals are trying to play down the number.

We should also talk about what happened there. There was none of the Hate speech, or Racism on display that the Left claimed it was going to be about. It was a completely peaceful Rally where people of every race not only attended but were speakers.

It was Mainly a event to bring attention to and raise money for the Special Forces warrior foundation which Sends the kids of US special Forces soldiers lost in combat to College, and a time for people to talk about getting back to our Constitutional Roots. Yet the Left fear mongered and lied for a week about it before it happened trying to claim it was going to be a hate and racism fest, and now they are downplaying the number and ignoring the message of the event.

Typical

I don't even know if this is really worth a response, but I will pose a rhetorical question anyway.

Do you really think the "conservative" media doesn't fudge numbers too?

Typical

I don't even know if this is really worth a response, but I will pose a rhetorical question anyway.

do you not understand the concept of a "conservative estimate" has ZERO to do with politics?

Typical

Never said that, but then the conservative media is FOX and talk radio and a couple news Papers. While the Liberal Media is Everything else.

When I said conservative estimate I was not talking about how many people conservatives are saying was there, I was saying that even making a conservative or low side estimate it was 300,000 people. While a liberal estimate would be 500k

Some words have more than one meaning you know :)

Last edited:

Typical

do you not understand the concept of a "conservative estimate" has ZERO to do with politics?
:cuckoo:

Did you read the part where I said "LOL, punny?"

As in I made a pun. Look up pun in the dictionary.

Typical

Never said that, but then the conservative media is FOX and talk radio and a couple news Papers. While the Liberal Media is Everything else.

When I said conservative estimate I was not talking about how many people conservatives are saying was there, I was saying that even making a conservative or low side estimate it was 300,000 people. While a liberal estimate would be 500k

Yes, some words have more than one meaning, hence "lol, punny."

I was making a play on words with the term "conservative.":lol:

sorry, i assumed that was a typo

My bad then. nice pun :)

sorry, i assumed that was a typo
No worries mate. :)

My bad then. nice pun :)

lol:lol:

I've seen the size of the crowd estimated from 87k to 300k.

Predictably, those who like Glenn Beck claim the higher figures are correct and those who don't like Glenn Beck say the lower figures are correct.

The bottom line is, it is what it is, and if it's any indication of how the election will go, pretending that the numbers are higher or lower than they really are won't change the outcome, so what's the point?

The real bottom line for the libs and the reason they are upset is because they have no one that can draw those kinds of numbers even at the lowest estimate. They are beside themselves and are having to create negative stories.

What are you even talking about? When have you ever challenged me?

I challenged to you to give examples of Glenn Beck speaking words of hate at the rally. But you ran away like the little coward that you are.

When did I even say he did? I have been very clear in saying he did in the past, but not at the rally. But please show me where I said he did at the rally. I will be waiting.

In one of these damn Beck rally threads you stated that Beck engaged in hate speech. You didn't specify when he engaged in hate speech or give examples when questioned. You can wait as long as you want, you know what the fuck you said and you know that you ran away like a child when asked to produce examples.

That's kinda my point. All grassroots starts small.
and just how would that make him a community organizer?

i dont think its insulting to Christians, just kinda stupid to make that claim with nothing to support it

if anything, Jesus was a community DISorganizer
He sure shakes up a lot even now

I get the feeling you don't really understand what a community organizer does - most of what we do is "shake things up" - on whatever side of the issue it is. Community organizing isn't just signing up union workers and picketing wal-mart, it's also putting together a church group to feed the homeless, or, as Lonestar mentioned earlier in the thread, putting together community basketball teams or boxing gyms. Politics is just part of the many types of community organizers.

Politics, of course, is what I do.

And you suck at it.

Forum List

Back