Media Predictions

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
It never ceases to amaze me how the media idiots try to predict what is going to be said by such and such person when they show up for a scheduled news brief or announcement. I hear it in some form or fashion every single day.

Some snot nosed, gung-ho reporter stands outside of the venue and says, "I don't know exactly what he is going to say, but...."

No shit, Sherlock!

Even the big guys do it!

Why are they anxious to predict what he is going to say? Is the quest to "get the scoop" or be the first to broadcast the correct story driving this asinine habit? Can't they WAIT until something is SAID and then report WHAT IS SAID rather than speculate on what he/she might say?

The media seems to be bent on spreading false stories and speculations by predicting what will happen. They may on occasion get one right. So what? Every now and then a Chinese fortune cookie gets it right. Does that mean the author of the note knew something ahead of time? No! It means he guessed at something that applied to millions and I happened to received that particular cookie.

The talking heads need to shut up and LISTEN before spouting off. I don't want to hear the predictions of some dimwit who has absolutely no idea what will happen next.

Forum List

Back