ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Cwrf79IXgAAweWm.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwrf79IXgAAweWm.jpg

Newsweek recalls 125,000 copies of its souvenir Madam President issue

The geniuses at the Chicago Tribune forgot to cover their asses:

th
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Md760db71049f0c509b00238ea4a0014ao0&pid=Api

They don't need a new crystal ball. They just have to get their heads out of the lefty asses so they can get a view of what's really going on around them.

But they won't in spite of what the election should have taught them.

There is something comforting in the fact that the press feels depressed. This has been a long time coming and as a result was long overdue. The "Deplorable" people have a moment of joy. Thanks Hillary, for the boost. :420:

Newsweek Sells For $1 To Stereo Equipment Mogul Sidney Harman
Joe Pompeo
Aug. 2, 2010, 12:13 PM

Newsweek Sells For $1 To Stereo Equipment Mogul Sidney Harman

Jeez, one cover is worth more than the whole damn magazine:

The magazine is priced as high as $500 on eBay. The glorious but erroneous publication is now being peddled by multiple online dealers who somehow snagged a copy before the whole lot was hustled back to Newsweek within hours of President-elect Donald Trump’s victory. About 125,000 of the commemorative issues were published; the few surviving copies have achieved some sort of historic status, with most of the sellers describing their offering as “unread” or “in mint condition.” The public is interested. Some offers already have drawn multiple bids.​

Newsweek’s ‘Madam President’ cover already a collector’s item
By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Sunday, December 4, 2016

Newsweek’s ‘Madam President’ cover with Hillary Clinton already a collector’s item

Warlock vs. Tycoon

Maybe the media is not to blame.

Our new age is marked by high-speed, and maybe Newsweek has trouble keeping up. I mean, what do we value more these days, philosophers/poets or capitalists/tycoons?

Here's a mock dialogue between a modern-day 'poet' (American movie star Leo DiCaprio) and modern-day 'tycoon' (newly-elected U.S. President Donald Trump about climate change druidism.

I've always trusted CNN for election coverage...

====

DICAPRIO: What do you think of the unnatural rate of climate change?
TRUMP: You should make a movie about it!
DICAPRIO: I'm part of the production team behind a new Captain Planet movie, actually.
TRUMP: I don't have time to keep up with 'global warming hype.'
DICAPRIO: Don't wait until it's staring you in the face, Mr. President!
TRUMP: I haven't been sworn in yet.
DICAPRIO: Plan ahead!
TRUMP: I'm being guided by a 'celebrity'!
DICAPRIO: Take a tip where you can find it.

====

Forum List

Back