Media Mudders vs Fox News

Read MM's "mission". It doesn't even pretend to be fair and balanced, it only monitors so-called conservative speech. How it keeps it's tax exempt status is anybody's guess. I recall Hillary bragging that she had a hand in creating MM.

There's no law that says 501(c)3s have to be "fair and balanced".

They're not allowed to endorse specific candidates. Other than that, they're welcome to have whatever partisan views they want.

Just like all the Conservative 501(c)3s.
Can you name any?

Maybe I'd like to start getting my talking points from them so I can post them on here just to piss ya'll off

newsbusters.org
Media Research Center
The Heritage Foundation

There's plenty more.

There's no law that says 501(c)3s have to be "fair and balanced".

They're not allowed to endorse specific candidates. Other than that, they're welcome to have whatever partisan views they want.

Just like all the Conservative 501(c)3s.
Can you name any?

Maybe I'd like to start getting my talking points from them so I can post them on here just to piss ya'll off

newsbusters.org
Media Research Center
The Heritage Foundation

There's plenty more.

All very reputable organizations. I think you'd do very well to read information on those sites. You might learn something.

Can you name any?

newsbusters.org
Media Research Center
The Heritage Foundation

There's plenty more.

All very reputable organizations. I think you'd do very well to read information on those sites. You might learn something.

I think you'd do well to read the thread and understand context before you post. You might not look like an idiot then.

What ever happened to partial quotes with supporting links?

I tried, but was stopped by some forum rule about having to have 15 posts before you're allowed to post a link to another site.

Sorry for making it so long, but as I've seen in the three or four days that I've been here, there's no point in even trying to fix the wrongness, here.

Seems all are dug in with their own positions, and any voice of moderation is ridiculed.

Been a real blast for a couple of days, but I'll let you kids get back to your sandbox in your little clique and enjoy your time wasting.

T.

Peace out T.

And that's your point of view. I just don't share your point of view on this particular subject. But overall Foxfyre, I respect your point of views as they are traditionally levelheaded.

And that's what civil conversation and good debate is all about--going after the message you agree or disagree with instead of the messenger. Many MANY of our members really need to learn that lesson. :)

Of course I don't know how you're going to dismantle my point here with anything other than you don't want to agree with it. If this was the topic of a formal debate I would be on my knees praying that I didn't have to defend the opposing view on this one. :)

Foxfyre, I can't dismantle your point. My opinion is based on what I have seen over the years, mainly on Fox News web page. I very rarely watch Fox News or MSNBC for that matter. I visit their websites daily, just to find out what the talking points of the day are. Then I'll do my own investigation using Google to find resources that more or less produce a straight forward facts/history about the specific subject/issue. There are times when Fox or MSNBC will take a story, say from AP and then add contributions from their own writers and that's where the spin comes in.
Also, I stopped watching Fox's and MSNBC's talking heads opinion shows basically because they are too one-sided. I also feel that certain talking heads' objective is to fire up either the left or right base. Sometimes they basically incite their listeners to outright and really unnecessary extreme anger. You can see the results on these boards. People typing away wild and crazy posts. In my mind I can see these people typing away with eyes wildly wide open and veins popping out of their neck as they frantically type away. :cuckoo:
Anyway, that's my story,,,and I'm sticking to it.!
Thanks for the civil discussion.
lol...this is funny, because it's true.

Posters like Lybocalapse comes to mind.

:lol:

Forum List

Back