Media Matters:Watergate In Everything But Name

Being that I live in a land that has 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skating I've had a lot of time on my hands to mine data about the US media personalities and in general players from the top down to let loose this year. Still waiting to pick the right moment.

I knew this day was coming. What I didn't realize was how far the media would go to protect their golden child called Barack. From going after Santorum's wife from 30 years ago, to Romney's great grandfather living in Mexico, to Rubio's 100th cousin on his fathers side who got busted for coke, this media has no shame and they are all in the Obama camp. Univisions employees have real histories:lol: I think they'll be really shocked when it all hits the net.

So lets just say I've been working harder the past few months. I thought if they want to go back that far, game on. They want to continue to smear our candidates, heaven help them because I've got in my stack of stuff a whack load of whoa geeze for the media.

I can't wait to make them wish they died as a child.

I want every one who wants to keep Obama out of office to take off the gloves and don't even dream of playing nice in the sandbox any more.

Life is good.

:eusa_angel:

I think if the writer has to spend six paragraphs of obscurew background laying out why Media Matters is like Watergate, then it probably isn't anything like Watergate.

Media Matters was around a lot longer than the Obama Administration.

Not to say that there isn't a lot to criticize about MMFA. It's a shrill partisan website that even goes after the liberal media for reporting fact they don't like.

Just nothing criminal about it.

When an organization literally sets out to deprive individuals of a living I'd say that's a criminal act.

They have co ordinated with a Van Jones (he co founded) organization to get rid of Beck and Buchanan.

I want to know who is funding both groups. Working on it.

If you follow the $$$$ one usually gets answers.

I think if the writer has to spend six paragraphs of obscurew background laying out why Media Matters is like Watergate, then it probably isn't anything like Watergate.

Not to say that there isn't a lot to criticize about MMFA. It's a shrill partisan website that even goes after the liberal media for reporting fact they don't like.

When an organization literally sets out to deprive individuals of a living I'd say that's a criminal act.

They have co ordinated with a Van Jones (he co founded) organization to get rid of Beck and Buchanan.

You know what, though. The right wing religious types go out of their way to take people they don't like off the air, too.

Beck didn't get fired because of Media Matters. He got fired because he was losing money in his time slot because sponsors didn't want their products to be associated with him.

BUchanan got fired because he has a long record of saying anti-Semitic, racist and homophobic stuff. The only reason he had a job was because MSNBC decided to be the voice of Bush Derangement Syndrome, and when you can't find any more lefties who hate Bush, find a righty who does.

You are missing the legalities involved. Read the articles.

The only situation that would possibly be illegal is if the White House had instructed MediaMatters to "investigate" FOX.

There is no evidence of that at all.

That is a pretty low bar.

It's the law.

I'm very familiar with the laws regarding political 501c3s. The only thing they're not allowed to do is campaign for a candidate or party. Other than that, they can be as partisan as they want to be.

Huh? How so?

Van Janes had nothing to do with the founding of MMFA, and nothing to do with "getting rid" of Beck or Buchanan.

That information is public domain, it shouldn't be so hard to find.

To what questions?

[The LeftMedia's not even breaking into a sweat over this: First of all these things are only illegal if Republicans do them. Secondly, there's that air of mystery surrounding Barry, that unique Chicago mens club membership and all that, that indicates he's really, truly one of them and must be protected at all costs. Thirdly, if push comes to shove over this, they can always do their tried and true Three Monkey's Routine: "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Do No Evil". Far, far too early to even consider whistling past the graveyard]

"To be specific, Mr. Ulasewicz was…. well, let's let the late Theodore H. White describe Tony's job. Mr. White won a Pulitzer Prize for his The Making of the President 1960, kicking off a series that covered presidential campaigns through the Reagan-Carter showdown in 1980.

But Teddy White also wrote another book during that 20-year period. That would be Breach of Faith: The Fall of Richard Nixon. As it were, a blow-by-blow account of the un-making of a president. Mr. White discusses Tony's role precisely:

His assignments, as he recalls -- and he might get thirty or thirty-five assignments a year -- concerned the sex, drinking and family problems of political opponents of the President, or contributors to the President's rivals. All reports were verbal -- to Caufield. Where they went, up from there, he did not know.

Tony's first assignment? What was Ted Kennedy doing that night at Chappaquiddick with Mary Jo Kopechne?

Noted Theodore White of this business:

Whether or not a White House counselor is entitled to command intelligence operations by agents on the official White House payroll is questionable, but probably legal. Whether a White House intelligence operation can, however, command intelligence, search and espionage paid for by private political funds is something else again.

Now. Let's pull out the news quotes from these two graphs about Tony Ulasewicz and put them together:

His assignments, as he recalls -- and he might get thirty or thirty-five assignments a year -- concerned the sex, drinking and family problems of political opponents of the President, or contributors to the President's rivals. All reports were verbal -- to Caulfield. Where they went, up from there, he did not know.… Whether a White House intelligence operation can, however, command intelligence, search and espionage paid for by private political funds is something else again.

What exactly, in the increasing flow of information from the Daily Caller about the Obama White House and Media Matters, sounds strikingly similar to the Watergate tale of Tony Ulasewicz?

That's right. It's this:

A group with the ability to shape news coverage is of incalculable value to the politicians it supports, so it's no surprise that Media Matters has been in regular contact with political operatives in the Obama administration. According to visitor logs, on June 16, 2010,[Media Matter founder and head David] Brock and then-Media Matters president Eric Burns traveled to the White House for a meeting with Valerie Jarrett, arguably the president's closest adviser. Recently departed Obama communications director Anita Dunn returned to the White House for the meeting as well.

It's not clear what the four spoke about -- no one in the meeting returned repeated calls for comment -- but the apparent coordination continued. "Anita Dunn became a regular presence at the office," says someone who worked there. Then-president of Media Matters, Eric Burns, "lunched with her, met with her and chatted with her frequently on any number of matters."

Media Matters also began a weekly strategy call with the White House, which continues, joined by the liberal Center for American Progress think tank. Jen Psaki, Obama's deputy communications director, was a frequent participant before she left for the private sector in October 2011.

So. Media Matters, we learn, is having weekly strategy calls with the White House, they meet with Obama aide Jarrett and ex-aide Dunn, who returned to the White House for the meeting after she departed. Anita Dunn also "became a regular presence" in the Media Matters offices, the then-president of Media Matters "lunched with her, met with her and chatted with her frequently on any number of occasions."

And what else? What raises the specter of Tony Ulasewicz?

This. From Media Matters' Karl Frisch:

"We should hire private investigators to look into the personal lives of Fox News anchors, hosts, reporters, prominent contributors, senior network and corporate staff."

Now. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is exactly the behavior that got Tony Ulasewicz parked in a chair in front of the Senate Watergate Committee, sitting under the hot klieg lights staring into television cameras on July 18, 1973. Being grilled by Tennessee Republican Senator Howard Baker and liberal Connecticut Republican Senator Lowell Weicker. Ulasewicz proved to be a hilarious witness, his breezy descriptions of delivering cash in paper sacks finally causing his interrogators to laugh. But in light of what we now know about Karl Frisch, David Brock, the relationship of Media Matters to White House aide Jarrett, ex-White House aide Dunn and the money paying for Media Matters' operations, it's worth a look back at some of Baker and Weicker's grilling of Tony. Because in the end, what Tony was talking about helped send John Ehrlichman to jail -- and force Richard Nixon to resign on threat of impeachment:""

The American Spectator : Is Media Matters Obama's Watergate?

Now we know why the Left is so desperate to control the radio and the internet

They have not fallen into line yet

You know what, though. The right wing religious types go out of their way to take people they don't like off the air, too.

Beck didn't get fired because of Media Matters. He got fired because he was losing money in his time slot because sponsors didn't want their products to be associated with him.

BUchanan got fired because he has a long record of saying anti-Semitic, racist and homophobic stuff. The only reason he had a job was because MSNBC decided to be the voice of Bush Derangement Syndrome, and when you can't find any more lefties who hate Bush, find a righty who does.

Beck didn't get fired. That's the beauty of finding out they had a faux celabratory party over at MM because Beck left on his own.

To Pat. I stand with Chris Matthews on it. Bless Matthews he got it right.

But MM as soon as I am done my seed orders this week. I'm going to have a lot of fun.

They are such morons over there.

[The LeftMedia's not even breaking into a sweat over this: First of all these things are only illegal if Republicans do them. Secondly, there's that air of mystery surrounding Barry, that unique Chicago mens club membership and all that, that indicates he's really, truly one of them and must be protected at all costs. Thirdly, if push comes to shove over this, they can always do their tried and true Three Monkey's Routine: "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Do No Evil". Far, far too early to even consider whistling past the graveyard]

"To be specific, Mr. Ulasewicz was…. well, let's let the late Theodore H. White describe Tony's job. Mr. White won a Pulitzer Prize for his The Making of the President 1960, kicking off a series that covered presidential campaigns through the Reagan-Carter showdown in 1980.

But Teddy White also wrote another book during that 20-year period. That would be Breach of Faith: The Fall of Richard Nixon. As it were, a blow-by-blow account of the un-making of a president. Mr. White discusses Tony's role precisely:

His assignments, as he recalls -- and he might get thirty or thirty-five assignments a year -- concerned the sex, drinking and family problems of political opponents of the President, or contributors to the President's rivals. All reports were verbal -- to Caufield. Where they went, up from there, he did not know.

Tony's first assignment? What was Ted Kennedy doing that night at Chappaquiddick with Mary Jo Kopechne?

Noted Theodore White of this business:

Whether or not a White House counselor is entitled to command intelligence operations by agents on the official White House payroll is questionable, but probably legal. Whether a White House intelligence operation can, however, command intelligence, search and espionage paid for by private political funds is something else again.

Now. Let's pull out the news quotes from these two graphs about Tony Ulasewicz and put them together:

His assignments, as he recalls -- and he might get thirty or thirty-five assignments a year -- concerned the sex, drinking and family problems of political opponents of the President, or contributors to the President's rivals. All reports were verbal -- to Caulfield. Where they went, up from there, he did not know.… Whether a White House intelligence operation can, however, command intelligence, search and espionage paid for by private political funds is something else again.

What exactly, in the increasing flow of information from the Daily Caller about the Obama White House and Media Matters, sounds strikingly similar to the Watergate tale of Tony Ulasewicz?

That's right. It's this:

A group with the ability to shape news coverage is of incalculable value to the politicians it supports, so it's no surprise that Media Matters has been in regular contact with political operatives in the Obama administration. According to visitor logs, on June 16, 2010,[Media Matter founder and head David] Brock and then-Media Matters president Eric Burns traveled to the White House for a meeting with Valerie Jarrett, arguably the president's closest adviser. Recently departed Obama communications director Anita Dunn returned to the White House for the meeting as well.

It's not clear what the four spoke about -- no one in the meeting returned repeated calls for comment -- but the apparent coordination continued. "Anita Dunn became a regular presence at the office," says someone who worked there. Then-president of Media Matters, Eric Burns, "lunched with her, met with her and chatted with her frequently on any number of matters."

Media Matters also began a weekly strategy call with the White House, which continues, joined by the liberal Center for American Progress think tank. Jen Psaki, Obama's deputy communications director, was a frequent participant before she left for the private sector in October 2011.

So. Media Matters, we learn, is having weekly strategy calls with the White House, they meet with Obama aide Jarrett and ex-aide Dunn, who returned to the White House for the meeting after she departed. Anita Dunn also "became a regular presence" in the Media Matters offices, the then-president of Media Matters "lunched with her, met with her and chatted with her frequently on any number of occasions."

And what else? What raises the specter of Tony Ulasewicz?

This. From Media Matters' Karl Frisch:

"We should hire private investigators to look into the personal lives of Fox News anchors, hosts, reporters, prominent contributors, senior network and corporate staff."

Now. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is exactly the behavior that got Tony Ulasewicz parked in a chair in front of the Senate Watergate Committee, sitting under the hot klieg lights staring into television cameras on July 18, 1973. Being grilled by Tennessee Republican Senator Howard Baker and liberal Connecticut Republican Senator Lowell Weicker. Ulasewicz proved to be a hilarious witness, his breezy descriptions of delivering cash in paper sacks finally causing his interrogators to laugh. But in light of what we now know about Karl Frisch, David Brock, the relationship of Media Matters to White House aide Jarrett, ex-White House aide Dunn and the money paying for Media Matters' operations, it's worth a look back at some of Baker and Weicker's grilling of Tony. Because in the end, what Tony was talking about helped send John Ehrlichman to jail -- and force Richard Nixon to resign on threat of impeachment:""

The American Spectator : Is Media Matters Obama's Watergate?

Now we know why the Left is so desperate to control the radio and the internet

They have not fallen into line yet

You would be amazed at what the left wing idiots put out there. Every media personality that has gone at any conservative has been duly noted.

I love politics.

:eusa_angel:

Huh? How so?

Van Janes had nothing to do with the founding of MMFA, and nothing to do with "getting rid" of Beck or Buchanan.

That information is public domain, it shouldn't be so hard to find.

To what questions?

Well you have to figure out that a question even needs to be asked.....

I'll cut to the chase. I'm going to let loose the link ups between top 1% against the oil sands to major enviro groups.

Imagine the Sierra Club being funded by.........

But wait till Monday.

Last edited:
Oh missed it in your original post. Van Jones "Color of Change".

That bastard I've been on for years. And I have no intention of letting up on that mother trucker.

Beck didn't get fired. That's the beauty of finding out they had a faux celabratory party over at MM because Beck left on his own.

To Pat. I stand with Chris Matthews on it. Bless Matthews he got it right.

But MM as soon as I am done my seed orders this week. I'm going to have a lot of fun.

They are such morons over there.

you can really try to paint the Beck thing a bit nicer, but the fact is, he was fired because he made one outrageous statement after another. Media Matters pushed the issue, but ultimately, it was Roger Ailes making a business decision. The man runs a business. His business is selling advertising. when sponsors said they wanted no part of Beck's show, because of potential consumer boycotts, Ailes realized he couldn't give advertising on that show away.

Now, Beck can spin all sorts of tales about how he wants to concentrate on his radio show or the Blaze website, but the fact is, it's pretty much like a CEO saying he wants to spend more time with his family after the stock crashes.

Buchanan I have mixed feelings about. His racist, homophobic comments were unacceptable. He was one of the few people who got it right on Free Trade. His criticisms of Israel often came off as anti-Semitic, but that's because the Zionists play the "Hitler Card" every time anyone criticizes them over anything.

But here's the underlying thing. Fox and MSNBC are businesses. Unlike Joe in the Mail Room, Beck and Buchanan had contracts with pretty good buy-out clauses. Now, I find it amusing that the very same people who trumpet the right to fire working folks from good paying jobs in the name of almighty profit complain when these media companies fire people who probably have more impact on the profit side of things than some schlub in the mail-room.

Forum List

Back