Media matters opposition research on Paul Ryan

If I remember right Media Matters originally got it's tax exempt status by claiming it was a non partisan media watchdog organization. Does anyone here honestly believe that is what it is? If it's not why does it still deserve tax exempt status?

The only prohibitions on organizations like MediaMatters is that they can't endorse candidates or parties.

Non-profits are allowed to have political opinions, and are allowed to share them. There's no requirement that 501c3s not have opinions.

Do you really think Media Matters does not fully endorse the Democratic party? Have they ever given a Democrat or the Democratic party a official endorsement I don't know but one would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to see they endorse the Democratic party in every way but that. Now if that want to do that fine that is their right but neither they or any other group doing this right, or left deserves tax exempt status in my opinion.

Where's the non-profit tax code violation?

A minute ago you asked me to elaborate on "what we now know about Media Matters".
I've done as much and as stated before you attempt to cloud the issue, the OP's point stands.

The OP's "point" was that Media Matters should lose their 501c3 status.

How does anything you've posted back that up?

Media Matters works with the Obama administration they do oposition research they should not be tax exempt

I'm going no further in helping you illustrate your propensity for useless mental masturbation.
We get it already, thanks for the stupid. ;)

If I remember right Media Matters originally got it's tax exempt status by claiming it was a non partisan media watchdog organization. Does anyone here honestly believe that is what it is? If it's not why does it still deserve tax exempt status?

The only prohibitions on organizations like MediaMatters is that they can't endorse candidates or parties.

Non-profits are allowed to have political opinions, and are allowed to share them. There's no requirement that 501c3s not have opinions.

Do you really think Media Matters does not fully endorse the Democratic party? Have they ever given a Democrat or the Democratic party a official endorsement I don't know but one would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to see they endorse the Democratic party in every way but that. Now if that want to do that fine that is their right but neither they or any other group doing this right, or left deserves tax exempt status in my opinion.

Having liberal views isn't the same as "endorsing the Democratic Party".

If you want to change the tax-exemption laws, feel free to petition the government, but as the law stands, this is how it is.

It's pretty funny that I never hear you guys complaining about the Heritage Foundation's tax exempt status, or MRC's.

A minute ago you asked me to elaborate on "what we now know about Media Matters".
I've done as much and as stated before you attempt to cloud the issue, the OP's point stands.

The OP's "point" was that Media Matters should lose their 501c3 status.

How does anything you've posted back that up?

Media Matters works with the Obama administration they do oposition research they should not be tax exempt

The SuperPAC American Bridge 21st Century prepared the opposition research report, not Media Matters.

Like all other SuperPACs, American Bridge 21st Century is not tax-exempt.

Media Matters has in less than a decade become a powerful player in Democratic politics. The group operates in regular coordination with the highest levels of the Obama White House, as well as with members of Congress and progressive groups around the country. Brock, who collected over $250,000 in salary from Media Matters in 2010, has himself become a major fundraiser on the left. According to an internal memo obtained by TheDC, Media Matters intends to spend nearly $20 million in 2012 to influence news coverage.

Donors have every reason to expect success, as the group’s effect on many news organizations has already been profound. “We were pretty much writing their prime time,” a former Media Matters employee said of the cable channel MSNBC. “But then virtually all the mainstream media was using our stuff.”

Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations « » Print The Daily Caller

They are supposed to be a tax exempt right?

Awwwwwwww poor baby. Is Karl rove's super PAC tax exempt?

Rove is not working behind the scenes with Romney. Media matters is working with the Obama administration. On a side note though i'll be sooo happy when Obama and his brainless VP lose. I'm going to love it when you eat some hubble pie:cool:

Why aren't the republicans putting out a solid opposition research to Obongo? I would be very intererested in reading it.:eusa_shhh:

You don't think the concerted efforts of the MSM to silence or denigrate ANY dissent or disagreement has anything to do with it, do you?

Last edited:
Media Matters should not be tax exempt. They do the research then feed it to the propaganda arm MSNBC

joe-wilson-ulie.jpg

Just like.......

e00570d17a1fe3dcad7dabff3ebAbbie-Hoffman-232x300.jpg

This report wasn't done by MediaMatters, it was done by a SuperPAC founded by the same guy. SuperPACs and 501c3s have different legal definitions, and the SuperPAC is NOT tax exempt.

Please don't confuse them with facts. Thank you.

After all, fact-checkers are irrelevant to wingnuts.

Forum List

Back