Media Matters' Enemies List

waaaaaaaaaaah...

click

politics is a full contact team sport. rightwingnuts love playing it when they're the ones on offense but get all offended when others do the same thing. if you're that thin-skinned don't play.

*sniff*

Last edited:
How much ammo did you buy in 2008/2009?I worked for ATK at that time, ATK owns Federal Premium. We laughed at how big our bonuses were. I want to thank all of you who stockpiled all that ammo before Obama took it away.

Alliant Tech Systems? ATK wasn't handing out bonuses in 2009, the corporation was struggling after the end of GMD/Orion.

Another Media Matters thread? Well, if that isn't a sign of that Media Matters has become a talking point, nothing is.

Media Matters is no doubt a left wing resource for talking heads rebuttals of the right wing's own talking points. It's the commercial version of Obama's "Attack Watch" if one thinks about it. The important thing to remember is that the end-user of Media Matters is someone who is already in the left wing camp.

I bet if one asked ten people who had no party affiliation about Media Matters, nine out of ten would be clueless about what Media Matter is and what Media Matters does. And more than likely, the one person who knows about Media Matters probably doesn't pay attention to Media Matters anyway.

I'm a moderate Independent and I pay no attention to Media Matters because it is what it is, a strongly biased news resource. I'd rather have unbiased news any day of the week. If I have questions about an issue or a political event, I do research by looking for the least partisan resource, so I can be objectively knowledgeable about the issue.

People who rely on partisan resources to develop their opinion are just cheating themselves and cheating the God given purpose of using their brain matter.

Last edited:
“We will conduct extensive public records searches and compile opposition books on individuals,” declares the memo, likely written in late 2009. Investigations, it says, “will focus on the backgrounds, connections, operations and political and financial activities of the individuals.” (RELATED: Media Matters sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations)

Yeah, it's called OPPOSITION RESEARCH, kids.

It is standard operating procedure in the world of politics to know as much about the other team. these researchers vet the past history of their targets looking for warts, and they monitor what their targets are currently doing, now, too

What?

You think there aren't teams of people doing that for your chosen candidates too?

Please, do grow up, kids.

You are making yourselves look like fools.

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed for far too many of you.

^^^^^^

this

Yea, we've seen their 'research'.... and by 'research' I mean total bullshit spin and drivel.

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed by the left's lack of critical thought when it comes to the media.

Another Media Matters thread? Well, if that isn't a sign of that Media Matters has become a talking point, nothing is.

Media Matters is no doubt a left wing resource for talking heads rebuttals of the right wing's own talking points. It's the commercial version of Obama's "Attack Watch" if one thinks about it. The important thing to remember is that the end-user of Media Matters is someone who is already in the left wing camp.

I bet if one asked ten people who had no party affiliation about Media Matters, nine out of ten would be clueless about what Media Matter is and what Media Matters does. And more than likely, the one person who knows about Media Matters probably doesn't pay attention to Media Matters anyway.

I'm a moderate Independent and I pay no attention to Media Matters because it is what it is, a strongly biased news resource. I'd rather have unbiased news any day of the week. If I have questions about an issue or a political event, I do research by looking for the least partisan resource, so I can be objectively knowledgeable about the issue.

People who rely on partisan resources to develop their opinion are just cheating themselves and cheating the God given purpose of using their brain matter.

Most rational people would agree with all of your points. HOWEVER, the problem is that the MAIN STREAM MEDIA and THE WHITE HOUSE, rely on this partisan resource instead of their own brain matter.

The masses are being brainwashed and that's why this is an important story. The Daily Caller is doing an ongoing series right now. I expect they may be saving the best for last. Stay tuned.

Harvard University Professor Alan Dershowitz compared the impact of Media Matters for America to the role Jeremiah Wright played in Barack Obama's 2008 campaign, saying the liberal media watchdog's comments on Israel could be a "game-changer" for Jewish voters in 2012.

The liberal, pro-Israel professor made the comparison in an interview with The Daily Caller, after reportedly warning earlier this month that Democrats would lose the 2012 race if they maintain their affiliation with MMFA.

Read more: Report: Dershowitz Warns Media Matters Could Be The Jeremiah Wright Of 2012 | Fox News

Hmmm. Getting even more interesting.

They certainly do have a hit list..

Nope.

They have persons who are hostile to the US Constitution and the 2ND amendment, but I've never seen evidence of a hit list. If you have some, present it.

and they certainly manipulate the media...

Really?

Let's see evidence?

Well, what is your definition of a hit list....they target people who do not agree with their agenda. That is a hit list.....

You mean you have never seen press releases put out by the NRA with the intent of manipulating the media? Are you stupid or being disingenuous?

Who cares?

they are tax exempt, you should care, yes?

501c3s are not banned from having political opinions, nor are they under any obligation to be "fair".

They're simply not allowed to openly endorse a candidate or party.

There are plenty of partisan 501c3s on both sides of the fence.

(As to how I know this: It's what I do for a living)

However, if they are regularly, (such as weekly), meeting with the White House to talk strategy for the coming week, they are endorsing a candidate, by carrying out the administrations wishes.

Media Matters | Sources | David Brock | The Daily Caller

Well, what is your definition of a hit list....they target people who do not agree with their agenda. That is a hit list.....

Media Matters targets enemies and wages campaigns of slander and libel against them. MMFA runs smear programs to get national and local media to destroy the reputations and professional lives of those they seek to destroy.

An example would be the Obama, Planned Parenthood and MMFA "Fuck the Cure" campaign where Karen Handel was targeted for slander, libel and possibly violence for stating the fact that Planned Parenthood is a billion dollar a year abortion factory that doesn't care about women's health. Notice that MMFA and PP adopted a "fuck the cure, let em' die" position due to the fear that profits might be impacted.

You mean you have never seen press releases put out by the NRA with the intent of manipulating the media? Are you stupid or being disingenuous?

I've never seen the NRA run a smear campaign to destroy enemies. Neither have you.

That kind of filth is exclusive to the left.

Media Matters targets enemies and wages campaigns of slander and libel against them. MMFA runs smear programs to get national and local media to destroy the reputations and professional lives of those they seek to destroy.

An example would be the Obama, Planned Parenthood and MMFA "Fuck the Cure" campaign where Karen Handel was targeted for slander, libel and possibly violence for stating the fact that Planned Parenthood is a billion dollar a year abortion factory that doesn't care about women's health. Notice that MMFA and PP adopted a "fuck the cure, let em' die" position due to the fear that profits might be impacted.

I've never seen the NRA run a smear campaign to destroy enemies. Neither have you.

You were saying..

FactCheck.org : NRA Targets Obama

Obama is president, criticizing the POTUS isn't compiling a hit list. Are you on drugs?

Secondly, the NRA is telling the truth.

{Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Lisa Jackson, who was responsible for banning bear hunting in New Jersey, is now considering a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) – a leading anti-hunting organization – to ban all traditional ammunition under the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, a law in which Congress expressly exempted ammunition. If the EPA approves the petition, the result will be a total ban on all ammunition containing lead-core components, including hunting and target-shooting rounds. The EPA must decide to accept or reject this petition by November 1, 2010, the day before the midterm elections.}

EPA Considering Ban on Traditional Ammunition — Take Action Now | NSSF Blog

The article was written by Larry Kean. Kean is now on the MMFA enemies list. Should the MMFA be able to promote slander and libel against Kean for writing stories that are contrary to the desires of the regime? Should Kean be black balled from writing for criticizing the regime? With MMFA contacting party media to advise that he is an enemy and no stories by him shall be bought?

they are tax exempt, you should care, yes?

501c3s are not banned from having political opinions, nor are they under any obligation to be "fair".

However, if they are regularly, (such as weekly), meeting with the White House to talk strategy for the coming week, they are endorsing a candidate, by carrying out the administrations wishes.

Meeting with the White House isn't "campaigning", nor is it not allowed by 501c3 laws.

You were saying..

no I am sorry, you are conflating ......

here is the gist of the nra issue-

It falsely claims in mailers and TV ads that Obama plans to ban handguns, hunting ammo and use of a gun for home defense.

now, you can argue the 'truth' of the charges, which is a matter of opinion, but the subject matter is inside the purview of the NRA, is it not?

that is why I posted the keystone issue that Media Matters was flogging....their is advocacy for a cause that is the principal of an orgs existence then there is advocacy for straight politics taking it where ever it goes in ANY context or subject- energy , military, education, lets put it this way, what doesn't media matter make an issue in the political context? see the difference?

Meeting with the White House isn't "campaigning", nor is it not allowed by 501c3 laws.

why was the aca denied their status then?

You were saying..

no I am sorry, you are conflating ......

here is the gist of the nra issue-

It falsely claims in mailers and TV ads that Obama plans to ban handguns, hunting ammo and use of a gun for home defense.

now, you can argue the 'truth' of the charges, which is a matter of opinion, but the subject matter is inside the purview of the NRA, is it not?

that is why I posted the keystone issue that Media Matters was flogging....their is advocacy for a cause that is the principal of an orgs existence then there is advocacy for straight politics taking it where ever it goes in ANY context or subject- energy , military, education, lets put it this way, what doesn't media matter make an issue in the political context? see the difference?

You are lost within the confines of your own political agenda. I see nuances, nothing more...The NRA also has a political agenda. And it openly does endorse both GOP and Dems...

Forum List

Back