Media Is Shocked That Our President Needs To “Back Up His Words with Proof”

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Media Is Shocked That Our President Needs To “Back Up His Words with Proof”

By Curt
02-06-13

This piggybacks onto my post yesterday perfectly. The lengths our MSM goes to to protect this President, unlike any other President, is just plain disgusting:

NBC's Lauer Frets Over Obama Gun Photo: 'Now the President Always Has to Back Up His Words With Proof?' | MRCTV

During a panel discussion on Tuesday's NBC Today about the White House releasing a photo of President Obama skeet shooting to dispel doubt about his claim of doing it "all the time," co-host Matt Lauer worried about the precedent that had been set: "So like releasing the birth certificate a year or so ago, this is the next step, that now the President always has to back up his words with proof?"
Lauer's concern seemed to follow administration talking points perfectly. On Sunday's Today, correspondent Peter Alexander reported: "This weekend, the White House tried to shut down the doubters. The President's former senior advisor [David Plouffe] even referred to those who still question where Mr. Obama was born. [Image of Plouffe Tweet] 'Attention, skeet birthers. Make our day – let the photoshop conspiracies begin!'"

...I have no doubt he shot a shotgun once. I also have no doubt this is a contrived photo and one done for the sole purpose of shutting up gun advocates who were belittling him for his lack of gun prowess.

But I also have no doubt that we have strayed into dangerous territory when a member of our media is aghast that our President needs to back up what he says with proof. Are you freaking kidding me?

Of course our elected officials need to offer proof of what they say. The public should take them at their word for only the sole fact that he was elected to represent our government?

(excerpt)

Read more:
Media Is Shocked That Our President Needs To ?Back Up His Words with Proof? | Flopping Aces

So says the man that carried a 8 year vendetta against President Reagan and President G. W Bush.

So says the man that carried a 8 year vendetta against President Reagan and President G. W Bush.

LOL!!! Did a lot of Reagan-bashing as a sideline reporter for ESPN in the 80s, eh? You guys are just TOO much. Can't just make a point. You always have to go overboard. I'm surprised you didn't reference his secret meeting with Stalin and Mao! :cool:

LOL!!! Did a lot of Reagan-bashing as a sideline reporter for ESPN in the 80s, eh? You guys are just TOO much. Can't just make a point. You always have to go overboard. I'm surprised you didn't reference his secret meeting with Stalin and Mao! :cool:

Did I say WHEN he did the bashing?

Thanks for playing, but you lose.

Whatever happened to the Fourth Estate idea of journalism as a check on gov't?

There's a (D) in office, everything's cool beans. The discussion has been changed to gay marriage, condoms and the coming Kanyedashian baby... you know, the important shit.

How do you like for the arrogance..

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 2/6/2013 | The White House

Q Does the President owe the American people a clearer explanation about the standard or the threshold for killing Americans overseas?

MR. CARNEY: I think it’s an excellent question and it’s the one the President -- and it is one that the President takes very much to heart and very seriously. He thinks that it is legitimate to ask questions about how we prosecute the war against al Qaeda. It is something that he has discussed internally. It is his belief in these issues, his belief that we need to move forward with more transparency as well as create, in his words, a "legal framework" around how these decisions are made that has led to, I think, unprecedented levels of information provided to the public about how we do this, including the speeches that I talked about yesterday from John Brennan and the Attorney General and others -- Jeh Johnson and others.

Obama and Carney are giving the Press "permission" to ask questions about using drones to kill American Citizens.

Q: Mr President, have you ever been in a coal mine?

A: Sure, I have a long record of opposing coal fired power plants, and coal use as a polluting fossil fuel my entire career and yes am currently pushing for new regulations on coal, but let me tell you, we mine coal all the time at camp david.

No, you've never heard about this, it's never been reported...just take my word for it.

What? You don't believe me?!? Well fine then, here is a photo op picture of me swinging a pick...proof positive.

Nope, no hard hat, no miners light, yes, I know, I'm holding the pick wrong and I'm swinging it wrong too, but this is absolute proof that I am a friend to coal miners and I in no way have designs on limiting coal use or production.

Supporters! Defend me!

Look, my supporters are defending me...I've convinced them with my photo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back