Media Ignores Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lookout, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Lookout

Lookout Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Corporate Media Ignores Ron Paul's Second Place In Louisiana
    Congressman's silver in another state goes unreported

Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Thurs day, Jan 24 , 2008

Presidential candidate Ron Paul has finished second in yet another state caucus this week yet there has barely been a murmur from the mainstream media once again.

The Louisiana Republican Party announced the preliminary results yesterday in a press release that was roundly ignored by the corporate media:

Delegate candidates endorsed by US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) appear to have won more state convention delegate positions than any other presidential slate at the Louisiana Caucuses.

(Article Continues Below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) appear to have captured the next highest number of delegate positions.

"I applaud the supporters of Congressman Paul for their enthusiasm and superior organizational ability," Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. said. "Our Party needs the infusion of new activists who have both political skill and a passion for protecting the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution," he said. "I left the caucus with a renewed commitment to promote our core Republican principles of limited government and individual freedom, thanks to the zeal displayed by Congressman Paul's Louisiana supporters," Villere said.

Mitt Romney came in third, and no mention was made of Huckabee or Giuliani in the LAGOP's press release.

Despite a smattering of wire reports on McCain which mentioned Ron Paul's second place in passing and as ever described the Congressman as "longshot" or "outsider", the media has acted like the caucus never even happened.

The New York Times ran two main stories, one of Giuliani winning over Florida voters, another on Mitt Romney's ill will.

CNN reported on McCain courting veterans, Giuliani banking on Florida and Thompson dropping out.

The Chicago Tribune ran the headline "McCain, Romney in close race for Florida".

Ron Paul has been placed higher than Giuliani in every single caucus and primary thus far, yet the media still blanks him in favor of reporting on Giuliani.

Despite the total lack of media coverage and the fact that all other candidates decided not to campaign in Louisiana, Ron Paul was there meeting and greeting residents on Monday, a testament to his commitment and drive to deliver his message to every American.

Paul's Louisiana success comes on the back of his second place finish in Nevada at the weekend, which was also completely ignored by the media.

The ever reliable Neocon mouthpiece Fox News put up a graphic showing the results from Nevada devoid of any information on Paul! They failed to mention the #2 candidate, although they covered #1, #3 and #4!

The New York Times �official results page� on its website failed to even list Ron Paul as a candidate on Sunday, though it has since replaced Fred Thompson with Paul after the former actor dropped out of the race Tuesday.

After two second place finishes and strong showings in New Hampshire and South Carolina, it is clear that Ron Paul is a significant player in the 2008 race, yet your so called free press seemingly does not want you to realize this fact.

Alex Jones' terrifying new film End Game: Blueprint For Global Enslavement explores the history of eugenics and answers why the elite are so obsessed with thinning the human population. Click here to order the DVD or subscribe to prison planet.tv and watch the documentary in high quality online streaming format.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/ron_paul_corp_media_ignores_rp_2nd_place_la.htm

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    RP schools Giuliani in almost every state, but the one you always see on TV is Giuliani. I have my suspicions about why that is.

3. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I am not as educated on RP as say, Paultics (sp?) or some others. I think the reason the media ignores or distorts things rests on his candor and his supporters actions.

I'm glad he isn't dropping out.

IF it gets to a convention then we will get some real entertainment.

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Yeah. He's on the ballot in my state, thank God. There are RP signs and stickers everywhere I go. And when I travel, it's the same, from rural Missouri to suburban D.C. to Pennsylvania. There is definitely an RP phenomenon, but the media will not cover it.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,250
    Here's ABC's Super Tuesday coverage plan:

http://abcnewsradio.com/08election/advisories/supertuesday.html

How the most intriguing, interesting, and surprising story of this election year will not be getting any coverage is beyond me.

Nader, Buchanan, Perot, they all got fair coverage. Everyone knows who those guys are. Why is RP different? Why is the media so afraid to regard him as a possibility?

Giuliani's going to be dropping soon for sure, but they give him coverage as though he hasn't stunk up the joint already.

6. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    The media only covers the candidates with a chance to get into office. McCain was left for dead until his national numbers picked up. Same with Huckabee.

All of the signs and other shit are put up by college kids with too much free time. I don't drive down the road and see an Obama sign at every intersection, yet he's the front runner for the presidency. So that kind of kills your idea that sign concentration equals support.

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    They "ignore" RP to the same extent they ignore any other second tier candidate... same as they did Joe Biden and Bill Richardson, either of whom was probably far more deserving of attention than what they got.

8. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Second Tier? Interesting that he is consistently doing well in the primaries. Had Kucinich beaten Hillary in NH I think the media would have gone ape. Same, Same.

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,250
    Um, no, actually, Huckabee's numbers didn't start going up until the media started talking about him regularly and reporting him as the "evangelical candidate". McCain's didn't start going up until after Bhutto's death, when they started propping up the candidates who "had the most foreign policy experience", in which case they focused mostly on McCain. Week or two later, and his numbers skyrocket.

Chad, the media's been picking our presidents for us for decades. How exactly do you know who the candidates "with a chance" are, until the media starts propping them up when the election year approaches. How would you know Hillary, Obama, and Edwards were the front runners, without the media REPORTING that to you about a year and a half ago? They could have literally reported on anyone like that, and those candidates would be the "front runners". If they'd have started out with Biden, Obama, and Richardson, and told you that those were the candidates had the best chance to win, that's what people would believe.

It's evidenced by the countless people who tell me they're voting for someone because that's who's on TV. People are easily influenced.

In my area, our meet-up group consists of mostly middle aged people with a family, discontent with current politics-as-usual. The support base is diverse.

You used to be a RP supporter, you should know that.

10. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Paul doesn't have as much national support as you think he does. I think a candidate like him comes around every election.

I know his voting base, and it's not diverse at all. Sorry about forgetting the middle aged white vote. So he's got the racists, the conspiracy theorists, college kids, and middle aged whites in western states.

If he's supported by the most ignorant (racists) and most naive (college kids) and most politically frustrated (western whites), then maybe he isn't the best choice for president since his supporters aren't the best fit to be picking the leader of the free world.