Media, how biased are they???

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
From a scale of one to ten with 1 being minimally biased, & 10 being 'bought & paid for', what is your numerical pick for bias? I realize that bias exists in all the Major Managed News Media(MMNM) but at what level?

"Bias" in media is a ridiculous concept to begin with.

These are private companies. They can do whatever they like - and being massive corporations, they're doing everything to maximize profits for their stockholders. They're all "biased" - they're biased towards whatever will bring in the most cash.

The idea of a giant left-wing conspiracy flies in the face of all logic when those same "biased" media companies are subject to the control of their shareholders - who are not all "liberals".

If there is a "liberal bias" in the media, it's only because that's what makes the most money. If CBS wasn't bringing in EVERY CENT that it could, the CEO would be tossed out, and replaced with someone else - and the only way any political "bias" is shown would be because that's what was making the most money.

media matters is a biased source of news .. in fact it gets funds from the feds and also a tax exempt status to go after Fox news

David Brock, the conservative turned liberal advocate, has recently garnered a considerable amount of press coverage for his attacks on Fox News for, among many other things, allegedly taking over leadership of the Republican Party. What the news coverage has ignored is his use of tax-free funds for his organization, Media Matters for America (MMA), for these attacks — a form of government support for activities that clearly do not merit tax-exempt status and that as a result infringe on Fox News’ First Amendment rights.

Media Matters Uses Tax-Free Funds to Attack Fox News - By Nat Brown - Media Blog - National Review Online

Only a liberal would deny the existence of, "liberal bias"...

I would say MSNBC would easily be a 10.. all that lip smacking of Obama.. Pelosi and Reids hindquarters is pathetically obvious but still I find them quite humorous...

From a scale of one to ten with 1 being minimally biased, & 10 being 'bought & paid for', what is your numerical pick for bias? I realize that bias exists in all the Major Managed News Media(MMNM) but at what level?

Main Stream Media?

100%.

All I know is that on 'Morning Joe' yesterday, they were positively comparing Obama to JFK. Thought someone spiked my coffee with a hallucinogen.

Its simple the media is bought and paid for. Its a for profit industry like McDonalds. They are only going to report what sells and report it in a fashion that sells the most. Thank goodness for my brain. I can take info in evaluate it and decide for myself.

If you watch TV for the news you are delusional, it is not happening. Listen to Matt on the Today show for example, he looks good but real news is not a talent he possess. The talk show people make no pretense that they report the news, they are very bias and doing the same thing to Obama that they screamed about with Bush. What a load of crap. I am conservative but Rush and Glen Beck are so far right that they will never find their way back.

They have a hardcore Big Business, Corporate bias.

Great thread OP!

:clap2:

media matters is a biased source of news .. in fact it gets funds from the feds and also a tax exempt status to go after Fox news

David Brock, the conservative turned liberal advocate, has recently garnered a considerable amount of press coverage for his attacks on Fox News for, among many other things, allegedly taking over leadership of the Republican Party. What the news coverage has ignored is his use of tax-free funds for his organization, Media Matters for America (MMA), for these attacks — a form of government support for activities that clearly do not merit tax-exempt status and that as a result infringe on Fox News’ First Amendment rights.

Media Matters Uses Tax-Free Funds to Attack Fox News - By Nat Brown - Media Blog - National Review Online

Well, first of all, Media Matters is not a "source" for news - they're a non-profit media watchdog group.

Second, they don't get any federal funding. They're a 501(c)3, which means they don't pay as much taxes - but no different from any of the thousands of conservative media watchdog groups and 501(c)3s.

Forum List

Back