Media Harps On "pregnant Man"

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23942218/

But this goes to show how retarded our media can be. They keep talking about a "pregnant man". They had "him" on Oprah and have been talking about him for a week.

The real scoop is that the "guy" was born a woman. She decided to become a man. Technically, he's still a woman, complete with a uterus and everything. Yet, the media still says, "Pregnant Man...can this be possible?" The biggest crock of crap I've heard in a long time. It's a woman with a uterus that looks like a man...big deal.

Interestingly, there is a phenomenon that is almost like a man being pregnant.

It's EXTREMELY rare. When there are twins in a mother's womb, on a rare occasion, one fetus, or perhaps a zygote still at that point, can actually end up inside the other fetus/zygote. The fetus inside the other one will actually continue to develop for an amount of time. It will eventually die before birth though, and when the live baby is born it will actually contain that fetus/zygote inside it.

I heard about a story not long ago where the mother never even knew she was pregnant with twins and the male baby was born with it's sibling inside it and they didn't know for years. Can't find the story now though.

Pretty weird.

Ok, I was actually wrong about the fetus dying. It actually lives as a parasite inside the live baby, with the baby as its host. It wouldn't function outside of its host though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetus_in_fetu

That's just fucking bizarre.

Here's the story I was looking for:

http://abcnews.go.com/primetime/story?id=2346476&page=1

Sanju Bhagat's stomach was once so swollen he looked nine months pregnant and could barely breathe.

Living in the city of Nagpur, India, Bhagat said he'd felt self-conscious his whole life about his big belly. But one night in June 1999, his problem erupted into something much larger than cosmetic worry.

An ambulance rushed the 36-year-old farmer to the hospital. Doctors thought he might have a giant tumor, so they decided to operate and remove the source of the bulge in his belly.

"Basically, the tumor was so big that it was pressing on his diaphragm and that's why he was very breathless," said Dr. Ajay Mehta of Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. "Because of the sheer size of the tumor, it makes it difficult [to operate]. We anticipated a lot of problems."

Mehta said that he can usually spot a tumor just after he begins an operation. But while operating on Bhagat, Mehta saw something he had never encountered. As he cut deeper into Bhagat's stomach, gallons of fluid spilled out -- and then something extraordinary happened.

"To my surprise and horror, I could shake hands with somebody inside," he said. "It was a bit shocking for me."

Removing the Mutated Body

One doctor recalled that day in the operating room.

"He just put his hand inside and he said there are a lot of bones inside," she said. "First, one limb came out, then another limb came out. Then some part of genitalia, then some part of hair, some limbs, jaws, limbs, hair."

Inside Bhagat's stomach was a strange, half-formed creature that had feet and hands that were very developed. Its fingernails were quite long.

"We were horrified. We were confused and amazed," Mehta said.

A Mutated Body Within a Body

At first glance, it may look as if Bhagat had given birth. Actually, Mehta had removed the mutated body of Bhagat's twin brother from his stomach. Bhagat, they discovered, had one of the world's most bizarre medical conditions -- fetus in fetu. It is an extremely rare abnormality that occurs when a fetus gets trapped inside its twin. The trapped fetus can survive as a parasite even past birth by forming an umbilical cordlike structure that leaches its twin's blood supply until it grows so large that it starts to harm the host, at which point doctors usually intervene.

According to Mehta, there are fewer than 90 cases of fetus in fetu recorded in medical literature.

But this goes to show how retarded our media can be. They keep talking about a "pregnant man". They had "him" on Oprah and have been talking about him for a week.

The real scoop is that the "guy" was born a woman. She decided to become a man. Technically, he's still a woman, complete with a uterus and everything. Yet, the media still says, "Pregnant Man...can this be possible?" The biggest crock of crap I've heard in a long time. It's a woman with a uterus that looks like a man...big deal.

Lol, you caught that too. Technically he's still a she in the southern dept but yet the media is making this out like it's some sort of freak thing.

Lol, you caught that too. Technically he's still a she in the southern dept but yet the media is making this out like it's some sort of freak thing.

Yeah, like, "How could a man get pregnant?" My wife wanted to watch it on Oprah yesterday, we watched like a minute of it and turned it because it was a joke. :eusa_liar:

My dad has a phrase for that. It is called “Hey, watch me.” It applies to practically anything including talk shows and news shows. Attention draws money. Sometimes even negative notoriety is better than nothing. The ultimate goal is to increase the “bottom line” (money). Therefore, as a means to do that, the show (news, story, program, etc.) has to get an audience (ever increasing the size of its audience and avoid being perceived as boring) and carry as many people as it can to its commercials (advertisers). FOX News does it. ABC does it, Clear Channel does it. It is all about trying to be entertaining and hold an audience for the commercials.

Remember the show 'Alf' when the alien would watch TV shows for the commercials rather than to see the show itself? Pretty good way to just cut to the chase - advertising as an ever evolving psychological artform provides more fodder for thought than most newscasts. And even so, right before our very eyes, the distinction between the news and the ads begins to fade - what's that promising new pharmacuetical called? what movies grossed highest last weekend? what're the latest advances in digital gadgetology?

These are your interests, human.

Wanna hear something else that will blow your mind?
Sometimes two fertilized eggs that would normally become fraternal twins fuse together and become one person. And that person has the DNA of two different people throughout their body.
There was a woman who almost had her children taken away from her because the DNA in her blood didn't match that of her children. Somehow they figured it out and took DNA from her saliva, and found out that she has two different sets of DNA. It's called a chimera. Weird.

It's called a "parasitic twin". There's a lot of literature on it, and even movies (generally horror).

The man having a baby thing....this is in People magazine, with pictures. This guy was a girl who actually participated in beauty pageants when she was a young adult. She switched over, had the boobs removed but chose not to change her genatalia. Then she met and presumably married a woman who had two older kids.

Then they decided to have a baby (a girl) and the man-woman decided to carry it for whatever reason.

So let's hear it for...."This is perfectly normal! Why anyone would deny these people this chance...."

It's a flipping freak show. In addition, they moved from Hawaii to Bend, OR for a "new start"... to get away from the pressures of having everyone know about them. And then decide to get him pregnant, and undboutedly, give a ring to the press to let them know.

speaking of parasitic twins..
200px-Darkhalf.jpg

oh.. and the pregnant "man" is a joke. Get offa ma television screen ya bearded bitch.

The funniest quote in their interview "We just don't want the neighbors to know, it's hard because they all think SHE is pregnant."

Apparently they did a lobotomy when they took her boobs off.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

There is more to gender and sexual identity than just what genitals you're born with. I think some people are born with a female brain and male genitals, or vice versa. Some people have male genes but the chemicals neccessary to create male parts aren't there, so they become the default sex for humans, which is female. (cool huh?)
What I don't get is, the people who want to be in between. They want to be seen as a man and not have boobs but keep their female genitalia. That just is so bizarre to me. Pick a gender and stick with it!

There is a whole population of people who think we should encourage such behavior.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

There is more to gender and sexual identity than just what genitals you're born with. I think some people are born with a female brain and male genitals, or vice versa. Some people have male genes but the chemicals neccessary to create male parts aren't there, so they become the default sex for humans, which is female. (cool huh?)
What I don't get is, the people who want to be in between. They want to be seen as a man and not have boobs but keep their female genitalia. That just is so bizarre to me. Pick a gender and stick with it!

What makes me laugh is that the media is so caught up on being politically correct that they keep posting headlines like ,"Pregnant Man" and "How Could a Man be Pregnant."
I'm sorry, but it is not a man.
It is a woman, who looks like a man who is pregnant.

They make is sound as though he had sex with his wife and he's now conceived a child that is growing inside his bladder. (That's mostly my imagination, but one could gathe such conclusions from listening/reading the headlines.

What's funny about the interview question you like, is that they don't want their neighbors to know, so they get on national television to hide it from them. ????:cuckoo:

I agree completely. In fact, I'm going to rep you after I post this for bringing it up. Apparently nobody in the media has the balls to say that it's a friggin woman.

They did a spoof about it on SNL's weekend update last week that was equally disappointing. They danced around the true fact of the matter and never once actually acknowledged that this is a woman not a man. And sorry, but a woman getting pregnant is no friggin miracle. :evil:

I remember seeing the movie Junior when I was a kid thinking there is no way that could ever happen. And well now look at whats happened.

Forum List

Back