Media Hacking: Dianetics

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Americans love movies (i.e., Hollywood), and American culture embraces a new age appreciation of media-related activism (i.e., Network).

Here's a fictional short-story I wrote about 'celebrities' engaged in a democracy-related media blitz.

The point of this 'mad tale' is to ask the relevant modern civilization question, "Does censorship create anti-capitalism dialogue?"

This short-story is also meant to address recent speculations that ISIS is working with symbolic Internet-hacking targets (e.g., Netflix), which is prompting journalists to inquire about the pro-democracy activities of NSA's cyber-division.

This is an intriguing issue, since coverage of alternative religions/philosophies such as Scientology/Dianetics in America media is giving 'free-speech controversies' a great deal of attention.

====

Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly became America's 'celebrity sweethearts,' and everyone loved them. They were, however, worried that their celebrity status was socially superficial and wanted to do more with their limelight, so the two lovebirds decided to dress up as the Marvel Comics superheroes Spider-Man and Firestar for Halloween in NYC. Meanwhile, a lesser-known Hollywood (USA) actress, Diane Kruger, began dating an Algerian-American prince and self-proclaimed Internet-blogging 'vigilante' named Ajay Satan who was secretly working for ISIS (the terrorist organization). Kruger and Satan decided to dress up as the Marvel Comics superheroes Iceman and Spider-Woman for Halloween in NYC. The Cruise-Connelly (Spider-Man & Firestar) and Kruger-Satan (Iceman & Spider-Woman) 'quartet' were about to butt heads.

In NYC that Halloween, a special re-screening of the engaging underworld-culture film Carlito's Way (starring Al Pacino and Sean Penn) was airing. There was something in American culture at the time that created a demand for capitalism-oriented leadership (and derring-do), and the two primary characters in Carlito's Way, Carlito (Al Pacino) and Kleinfeld (Sean Penn), symbolized an American investment in creative leadership and rugged profiteerism, while the social networking website Facebook (co-founded by American kid-genius Mark Zuckerberg) was receiving countless endorsements and ads from businesses and companies worldwide. This cultural tone of 'venture capitalism' illuminated why New Yorkers were craving for a re-screening of Carlito's Way, and Spider-Man and Firestar and Iceman and Spider-Woman were in the audience in the movie theater that Halloween as one of the festive New Yorkers in costume-and-mask eager to enjoy the film.

During the screening, there were jeers and cheers from the Halloween-festive and dressed-up crowd pleased to see such a nifty film being presented in a NY movie theater on Halloween Eve. Spider-Man and Firestar (and Iceman and Spider-Woman) were in the crowd quietly giddy about their masked but engaged role in pedestrian fanfare. Suddenly, a young Arab man stood up and held up a machine-gun and yelled, "I'm a delegate of ISIS, and I demand your wallets or I will kill you all!" Ajay (aka 'Iceman') immediately jumped up and retorted, "I'm from ISIS too, and pedestrian turbulence is not intelligence!" Cruise (aka, 'Spider-Man') and Firestar (Connelly) and Spider-Woman (Kruger) joined Iceman and began cheering for him. It was a theatrical funhouse! When police broke in and arrested the Arab terrorist, the dressed-up 'vigilantes' quietly sneaked out (never having discovered each other) and went home. The next day, the New York Post wrote, "Film screening of Carlito's Way generates pro-ISIS hysteria!" and Ajay and Cruise felt like pro-democracy characters (Kleinfeld and Carlito) right out of the film. Was ISIS planning an Internet-hacking campaign (a virus plant) on Netflix? Kruger realized her new beau Ajay was becoming anti-ISIS after being exposed to a pro-capitalism film in NYC.

====

Carlito's Way (Film)

way.jpg

celeb.jpg hero1.jpg

showroom.jpg hero2.jpg

Seal_of_the_United_States_Cyber_Command.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back