Media....Disgusting.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. The Fourth Estate (or fourth estate) is a societal or political force or institution whose influence is not consistently or officially recognized. "Fourth Estate" most commonly refers to the news media; especially print journalism or "The Press".
Fourth Estate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. cor·rupt/kəˈrəpt/
Adjective:
Having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
Verb:
Cause to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
Synonyms:
adjective. rotten - depraved - venal - bad - putrid
verb. spoil - pervert - deprave - vitiate - rot - debauch

3."Open mic shows reporters coordinating question on whether Romney regrets criticizing Obama on Egypt, Libya
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was widely criticized Wednesday for his outspoken criticism of the Obama administration on its handling of the attacks on U.S. diplomatic stations in Egypt and Libya.

That criticism hasn’t only been coming from campaign operatives, but apparently from the media as well.

The Right Scoop blog captured the audio feed from Romney’s press briefing on the situation Wednesday morning, showing reporters covering Romney working together to base their question on that premise."
Open mic shows reporters coordinating questions to Romney | The Daily Caller

And, in a related story....

4. Michael Savage ( “Trickle Down Tyranny” ) put forth an interesting theory, also based on a supposed Soros strategy. He suggests that there is an international ‘Government-Media Complex,’ in which Soros is the major player. Fox’s Rupert Murdoch’s UK empire is under attack in Britain for paying private detectives and listening in on phone calls to get personal information about government officials, professional athletes, movie stars and even the royal family. James Murdoch Caught in New Facts From Parliament Hacking Testimony - The Daily Beast

a. What is not revealed, is that the tactics of the Murdoch papers is routine among just about all the media. The 2006 report, “What Price Privacy Now?” lists some 305 journalists from 21 different publications committed over 11,000 violations of the Data Protection Act, Britain’s privacy law; most were non-Murdoch publications.
House of Commons - Culture, Media and Sport - Seventh Report

b. Soros then tasked his contacts at “The Daily Beast,” owned by Tina Brown and the Harmon family (owners of Newsweek) to publicize Murdoch’s British problems, and suggested “the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the U.S. law under which some suggest Rupert Murdoch could be prosecuted….for paying a bribe to an official in a foreign country to win a government contract.” Rupert Murdoch

c. Of course, there were no Americans involved, and no British government contracts involved, but they salivated: “…an independent monitor to oversee the company. Imagine an Eric Holder-appointed supervisor looking over Roger Ailes’ shoulder?!” Ibid.

d. Sure enough, “The U.S. Justice Department has confirmed a preliminary investigation is underway into the extent of the ongoing phone hacking scandal that has engulfed News Corp, which is headquartered in New York. “News of the World phone hacking and bribes: US Justice Department launches investigation | Mail Online

Obama's All the Rage

9/12/12
By James Lewis

---

This time the candidate can't be MLK anymore, and his chances depend on making you believe he is inevitable again. That's the media mission for the next eight weeks. If you don't show up, they can win. You are now the target of a campaign of 24/7 demoralization.

The polls are over-sampling O voters and under-sampling Romney votes. All they have is somebody's word on the phone that they intend to vote for Obama. They use math models to decide whom to believe. Like global warming, you can play a lot of games with math models.

If you tamper with likely voter samples you can prove anything. The media have gotten away with that for years and years, using engineered samples disguised as facts. You start with the answer you want and cherry pick the facts that support your conclusion. It's Sex, Lies and Democrats.

---

Read more: Articles: Obama's All the Rage

Where are the laws against the media coordinating their questions?

GOP needs to get on this

They do the same to Obama. In his case they go for the no-brainer softball questions

michael savage?
murdoch?

you do realize they ARE media....

now what were you saying about corruption, hon?

1. What makes the theory significant is the open mic catching "journalists" plotting to ask Romney the same question over and over.

2. Here is an exposure of leftist journalists conspiring to attack any who don't support the Left/Liberal/Progressive/Democrats.

a. After someone torpedoed Dave Weigel’s Washington Post gig by breaking the code of silence on the Journolist listserv, the race has been on to see who would sell the entire contents of the e-mail messages between the liberal members of the group — and who would get to buy them. We may never know who sold it, but Tucker Carlson and the Daily Caller wound up with the data,…

b. Daily Caller reporter Jonathan Strong lays out a strategy plotted by Journolist members to kill the Jeremiah Wright story during the 2008 primaries — and to smear Barack Obama’s critics as racists:

c. …videos surfaced of Obama’s pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, angrily denouncing whites, the U.S. government and America itself. Obama had once bragged of his closeness to Wright….in mid-April, 2008, at an ABC News debate moderated by Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopoulos. Gibson asked Obama why it had taken him so long – nearly a year since Wright’s remarks became public – to dissociate himself from them.

d. Watching this all at home were members of Journolist, a listserv comprised of several hundred liberal journalists, as well as like-minded professors and activists. The tough questioning from the ABC anchors left many of them outraged.

e. …at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.
Daily Caller discovers Journolist plot to spike Wright story, smear conservatives as racists « Hot Air

f. Ackerman appealed to the other members of the Journolist group: “If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction.” Ibid.

And they have the money to support this corruption:
3. Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to his Open Society organizations. See if you can find the pattern in this partial list…

4.The media is a major interest of Soros. He has investments in:

a. NBC, ABC, NYTimes, Washington Post, the Columbia School of Journalism, National Public Radio, Pacifica Foundation, and Media Matters For America.

b. Left-wing religious organizations such as Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Jim Wallis’ Sojourners, Catholics for Choice.

c. Medea Benjamin’s Global Exchange, the organization that announced in 2004 that it would be sending aid to the families of terrorists fighting American troops in Iraq. Guide to the George Soros Network - Discover the Networks

5. In 1995, George Soros appeared on PBS with Charlie Rose, and said this:
"I like to influence policy. I was not able to get to George Bush (Senior). But now I think I have succeeded with my influence...I do now have great access in the (Clinton) administration. There is no question about this. We actually work together as a team."
Archived-Articles: Hillary, Soros, Alinsky, and Rush

a. Senators Reid and Harkin are taking their cues from Media Matters, a Soros-funded front group. As Hillary Clinton declared at the recent YearlyKos convention (her confirming sound bite played by Rush Limbaugh on the radio), she was the mastermind behind both The Center for American Progress (her think tank) and Media Matters (her media attack machine). Hillary provides the name and political connections that Soros craves, and Soros provides the money. Ibid.

As a lawyer, I'm certain that you see the case has been made for a Liberal-Government-Media conspiracy.

And...even though Murdoch and Savage are 'media,' they are the targets of this juggernaut.

The MSM has been in the tank for the left for a looong time. Only those who've been living under a rock or Dimocrats are unaware.

They are not unaware....even torte-boy, in post #5, knows what is going on.

They are wiling to be a part of the corruption; the unofficial motto of the Democrat Party is "by whatever means necessary."

Criticizing randomly never leads to anything useful. Saying media is crap is just as ridiculous as saying that politicians are corrupted or that bankers only want money.
Generalizing is never relevant because you do not get the full picture and the small picture you get is not constructive.

The only remedy to good quality media is the awareness of the audience. It is our duty, as citizens, to make sure the information that is delivered to us is relevant. The only reason why bad media stay bad is because they have audience. The reason why they have audience because they let people think what they say is true. Then, it becomes communication, not information.

There are tools for citizens to access relevant information. Thanks to the digital revolution, these tools are becoming more and more widespread and cheaper.
I, myself, use tools like poutsch.com because I feel that my voice can be heard, that my questions can be answered and that the data analysis I get is objective.

I just hope people could figure out that this kind of things is what we need.

The MSM has been in the tank for the left for a looong time. Only those who've been living under a rock or Dimocrats are unaware.

They are not unaware....even torte-boy, in post #5, knows what is going on.

They are wiling to be a part of the corruption; the unofficial motto of the Democrat Party is "by whatever means necessary."

Sorry, PC, I could have stated it better with a bit more thought. Agree a lot of Dims know exactly what's going on regarding their party and the media, but I'd bet dollars to donuts the vast vast majority neither realize nor care about the relationship. They're clueless and only know to vote for Dim candidates because the union boss says they should, they want to keep the freebie gravy train rolling, etc., etc.

Criticizing randomly never leads to anything useful. Saying media is crap is just as ridiculous as saying that politicians are corrupted or that bankers only want money.
Generalizing is never relevant because you do not get the full picture and the small picture you get is not constructive.

The only remedy to good quality media is the awareness of the audience. It is our duty, as citizens, to make sure the information that is delivered to us is relevant. The only reason why bad media stay bad is because they have audience. The reason why they have audience because they let people think what they say is true. Then, it becomes communication, not information.

There are tools for citizens to access relevant information. Thanks to the digital revolution, these tools are becoming more and more widespread and cheaper.
I, myself, use tools like poutsch.com because I feel that my voice can be heard, that my questions can be answered and that the data analysis I get is objective.

I just hope people could figure out that this kind of things is what we need.

Well, have you figured out that the main stream media is, for the most part, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Leftist/Liberal/Progressive/Democrat Party?

No, really? Have you?

No...then you're pretty much behind.

See if this helps:

1. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.

2. “The radicals were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51

3. “[The radicals] did not go away or change their minds; the New Left shattered into a multitude of single-issue groups. We now have, to name a few, radical feminists, black extremists, animal rights groups, radical environmentalists, activist homosexual organizations, multiculturalists, organizations such as People for the American Way, the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), the National Organization for Women (NOW), and Planned Parenthood.” Ibid p. 53

4. O'Sullivan's First Law (a.k.a. O'Sullivan's Law), paraphrased by George Will as stating that any institution that is not libertarian and classically liberal will, over time, become collectivist and statist.
O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows. http://old.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback-jos062603.asp

heres the flaw in your silly cut and paste polychick.

The entire media is corporate.

why has your corporate overlords abandoned the cause and is not sticking to the meme that the party of the corporation is the only way?

why has your corporate overlords abandoned the cause and is not sticking to the meme that the party of the corporation is the only way?

It might help you to understand if you studied post #10.

What is new?

Romney fucked up and the media smelled blood. They wanted to make sure Romney could not dodge the obvious question of Are you going to retract?

Rightwing faux outrage is nonsense

Studied?

One of your cut and pastes?

:ack-1:

Studied?

One of your cut and pastes?

:ack-1:

Studied is the appropriate term.

You never learned to do so in school?

Is it true that you paid your way through college with beaver pelts?

Forum List

Back